“Sheraton Mirasierra Madrid Hotel & Spa”

Eurostars Suites Mirasierra
Ranked #120 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was really impressed with the Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa. The lobby, the pool area and the rooms (especially my suite) were extraordinary! The check-in (front desk) agents were very attentive and seemed interested in getting to know me. My suite was very clean and I had an amazing view of Madrid and the pool area. I ate dinner at one of the hotel's restaurants and could not have been happier with the hamburguesas de ternero (mini burgers). I only stayed here for a night since I left to Granada the next morning but my experience in those short few hours were very pleasant. I was also picked up from the Madrid Barajas airport upon arrival at no extra cost, which was a very nice touch. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Sheraton_Madrid, Director General at Eurostars Suites Mirasierra, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear geomazing,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found our service and facilities extraordinary. We are especially pleased to learn that you will stay with us again.

We look forward to seeing you once again when your travels next bring you to Madrid.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

If you are staying in Madrid, this hotel is a great pick. It is not in the center of town but it is easily accessible by bus and metro -of course by taxi in a safe, pleasant out of the hustle and bustle of the center. It is also close by to a shopping center where you have many choices for food and stores to interact with the local inhabitants of Madrid. The shopping center of 'La Vaguada' also has a postal center from where you can send your postcards to your family and friends.
The staff was quite friendly and helpful, so much so that we decided to make this hotel our headquarters in Spain. We came back to it three times during our Summer vacation as we travel back and forth to different places throughout Spain and France.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Sheraton_Madrid, Director General at Eurostars Suites Mirasierra, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear globoterraqueo,

We would like to thank you for your recent review on www.tripadvisor.com.

We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and found our team to be friendly and helpful. We are especially pleased to learn that you have decided to make our Hotel your headquarters in Spain. Thank you for nice words about our staff and our location.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Visited the Sheraton in late August with my husband and 2 young children (8 and 6).

The Sheraton is based in Madrid suburbia - which we personally found a little too far from the city centre with the little ones. It was a good 25 mins from the centre by Metro (short walk away).

Entrance and lobby look exactly like what you'd expect a mainstream business hotel to look like. Staff - professional yet friendly! 3 computers with free Internet access available in the pristine lobby.

There is a beautiful spa and outdoor pool (manned by a lifeguard). Very friendly chap at the bar. Pool is clean, deep enough and fun for the kids.

The rooms are much bigger than you would ordinarily expect (main reason why we chose it!) and comes with a small but neat kitchenette area consisting of a microwave/oven, sink, small fridge (actual fridge - doubles as a minibar) and a coffee machine!
Plenty plenty plenty of space to place the two extra beds for my kids, dining table, changing room, full separate bath, nice shower and separate toilet. As you would expect, big clean, comfy beds (even the extra ones) and lovely soft clean white heavy cotton sheets. All in all - very clean and very comfortable.

I agree with reviewers - WATCH THE BILL!!!! They don't half like to sneak things on! My husband is a regular business traveller and we are used to 5* hotels and their charges - nonetheless - €81 has snuck onto our bill as we speak! Who knows what for? Rest assured - it's being challenged (update! Successful challenge - now gone!)

As is the norm, the cost of anything in the hotel is nothing short of astronomical. €25 for breakfast (per person?). The restaurant "Verdil" might rank highly in tripadvisor - but to date - i have seen nobody in it.... unsurprising when a starter can cost €10. And a main €20 (and this is me being conservative!). ....Personally, I have no shame in walking through the posh hotel lobby carrying my shopping bags laden from the well stocked supermarket 5 mins walk away - turn left and walk down the road! Robert Parker Ranked bottle of wine €3.55... Result!

As a professional, I am used to business hotels around the world and would say this is a shy below 5*. Phenomenal 4* but not 5. It's the little things that pull down the standard .... No piano entertainment ... but beautiful piano in reception (sorry I am a pianist and I notice these things...), toilet roll holder not working well in spa toilet, soap dispensers not full in spa, visibly scratched items/fittings in room and above all... The shower head that gets in the way of the shower door, rubbish not always collected, the "we didn't change your linen at your request" (REALLY! When did i get a choice! At these prices - change them daily please!).

However - these are minor details because overall - it IS a good hotel which I'm happy to recommend... Just be on your guard!

Dear Trixilita,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa. We are also grateful for the beautiful picture that you have shared and for the time spent in writting your comments in www.tripadvisor.com.

We are especially pleased to learn that you will recommend our Hotel and that you enjoyed our spacious rooms that provide the opportunity to accommodate the whole family. As you mentioned, our Hotel is in a quiet area but it is perfectly connected to the centre of Madrid. We are close to the subway station and there is a bus stop on the doorstep directly connected to Gran Via, the cultural heart of the city, a stone’s trow from Cibeles, Paseo del Prado and the Retiro Park.

Concerning your comments about the programme “Make a Green Choice”, please, allow me to inform you that it is a costumer election whether to participate or not. At Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra, we understand the importance of environmental stewardship; this is the reason why we want to share with you the following information about environment care programme: http://www.starwoodpromos.com/sheratongreenchoice/

Regarding your comments about the error in your receipt, I would like to apologize for any difficulty this situation must have caused.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

- Stayed with - 2 kids (4 and >1)
- Location - is suburbia and only 10kms to the centre of Madrid, taxi was €16 to Gran Via in 20 minutes, bus goes around the houses and takes twice as long (ok if you want to waste an hour or so), Metro is a small walk but messy with connections etc takes 40-50 minutes
- Rooms - very big but need a bit of a polishing up (one of the windows had masking tape on it), the beds are very comfy, bathroom large and modern, tv had a lot of channels, overall rooms are more of a good 4* than an 5*
- Pool - big enough to have a good swim and relax, bar is great with a very friendly barman who always has a smile and a bowl of crisps for your drinks
- Food, only had breakfast once it came to €56 (for 2 adults and 1 child) for a very average buffet with a limited selection of hot (slightly warm) food with no additional options for a fresh egg

TOP FOOD TIPS
- Have breakfast in a cafe (red frontage) just yards from the front of the hotel - take a left and walk 50 yards and its on the left - great fresh breakfast for 3 of us only €7! fresh toast with condiments or cheese and ham x 3 , coffee and oj!!
- Have a dinner at the Bar & Tapas - authentic local Spanish food - large portions of good tapas we got five portions and it was only €20!! Beers and wine reasonably priced too!

Overall
- Great for a break away from the hustle of the city in big rooms - 5*ish but more like a really good 4*

Room Tip: Turn off the AC at night and open the window for natural cool air!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DubDougTravel

Dear dougdub,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa.

We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and found our team to be helpful and friendly. We would also like to thank you for your feedback in regards the masking tape in one of the windows. We note your comments and have taken the necessary steps to ensure that such situation will not be repeated in the future.

Thank you for trusting us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon at Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I booked this hotel for 5 nights through last minute .com as one of their secret hotel deals. Very nice surprise. On arrival I was checked in by a lovely lady "Nelly" to be specific. She was a gem, upgraded me to a suite and on my polite request of a nice room, she booked me onto the 5th floor. The suite was great with different areas & it certainly felt like home, plus had a view of the mountains.

The hotel had excellent services, the spa which is fabulous, must try the massage , great anti stress.. but I must say the steam room could do with a bit of TLC to bring it to the rest of the hotels standard. One could see cracked tiles, and it did not look very clean compared to the rest of the hotel.

One thing I have to say is that this hotel is great, however you need a deep pocket as its definitely is not cheap, you pay for everything on a daily basis including wifi, @ £20.00 a day . Most of the staff are helpful, but not too friendly, which I guess fits in with professionalism.

Food.. The breakfast was a buffet with plenty of choices...I ate dinner twice and I found it too blunt, apart from the glass of champagne...so I recommend going out as transport into Madrid is quick & efficient.

This hotel is great for couples, business people or if travelling on your own as its very safe. For kids there is nothing much to do apart from the swimming pool, no play area & no activities
so if you are thinking of a family holiday,perhaps explore a little bit more.

This is the Sheraton hotel, however I think management should consider some sought of entertainment as its cut off from the town, Maybe a pianist or just something!!!

On checking out, please make sure you remember & check each item, as you might be shocked. I run my own business so I have learnt to keep copies of every single piece of receipts & gratefully applied this at the Sheraton . I was presented with a bill of £308.00 , and once I presented my copies this came down to £129.00, so folks that speaks for itself.

Enough for now, but would definitely recommend staying

Room Tip: Ask for a room with mountain room & a suite or better deluxe room Keep copies of your receipt...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Terrie H
Sheraton_Madrid, Director General at Eurostars Suites Mirasierra, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Terrie H,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa and for taking the time to share your recent experience in www.tripadvisor.com.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found both our service and facilities exceptional. We are especially glad to know that you would recommend us and you find our Hotel great for couples, business people or travelling on your own.

Regarding family stays, we are proud to say that we are one of the main hotels in Madrid better prepared for families. Our rooms are very spacious and perfectly equipped to host a whole family and our terrace and summer swimming pool are the perfect place to relax after a day of shopping and tourism.

We also appreciate your feedback in regards to the WIFI connection and we would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that all our room fees include WIFI access with the exception of those for the Deluxe Suites and, in addition, our Hotel offers free WIFI access to all our guests in the common areas.

Regarding your comments about the difference in your receipt, please, allow me to clarify that this issue has been due to a misunderstanding whether the breakfast was included or not. On this particular occasion, we proceeded to refund the corresponding charges. It is essential for us to establish a trust relationship with our clients and, therefore, we pay a special attention to check the services invoiced to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon and we must thank you, once again, for the trust you have placed in us and the time you have taken to complete and send in your feedback.

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel is about 5 miles from downtown Madrid and pricey. I asked for a spoon from the restaurant, said it'll cost be €3. Gym is €19.59/person per day. Expect to shell out €20 for a taxi downtown Madrid (one way). On the plus side, you get a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport

• Stayed: August 2013
Sheraton_Madrid, Director General at Eurostars Suites Mirasierra, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear lakecyde,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa for your stay in Madrid.

We would also like to thank you for sharing your opinion. As regards the Spa/Gym access, I would like to take the opportunity to notify that the access is included in all our rooms except the Deluxe Suite as it appears in our web page.

As you mentioned, our Hotel is well communicated with the airport thanks to our shuttle service. Additionally, we are close to the subway station and there is a bus stop on our doorstep which leads directly to Gran Via, the heart of the city’s cultural activity.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for our honeymoon in Madrid. We toyed with staying at a hotel in the city centre and are now so so glad we chose this one instead - a 10 minute taxi ride from Puerta
del Sol (or easy to get to by metro or bus).
We booked the free hotel shuttle service which arrived promptly. Check in was adequate. Our suite was fantastic - large, clean, modern and comfortable.
The outside bar was lovely with sofas and intimate seating areas.
The pool was beautiful with plenty of sun loungers and a poolside bar.
The spa was amazing and also very clean.
The concierges were all
very helpful and knew the answers to all of our questions...and spoke English!
All in all a brilliant stay and a hotel which we would thoroughly recommend - away from the busy city but not at all too far to travel to it very easily.
I would like to comment to those who have marked
the hotel down due to its location that I would mark it up for location and that it's website clearly shows its proximity to the city centre.
I would also say that all 'extras' are clearly priced...eg mini bar, laundry, so complaining about unexpected bills is not really on.
We had a suite which included breakfast (which was amazing and could be eaten outside), wifi (which worked better one side of our room than the other?!), the spa and the 10th floor club lounge (which had free food and drink, including champagne, available for us in a buffet layout all day long) - the room tariffs are clearly stated on the website so again to complain about paying if you choose to use any of
these and don't have the qualifying room type is crazy.

Dear sarahsmith503922,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Sheraton Madrid Mirasierra Hotel & Spa and we would like to thank you for your nice words and for the time spent in writting your comments in www.tripadvisor.com.

We are glad to learn that you enjoyed the high quality service at the Sheraton Club Level as well as our outside bar and our refreshing swimming pool. Our open air terraces have been designed to offer a place to rest and enjoy the best moments whether for romantic stays, for families or even for business meetings.

We are especially pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel location. As you mentioned, we are conveniently situated near Madrid Barajas International Airport and barely five minutes from Plaza de Castilla and the famous Paseo de la Castellana.
The city center is only 10 minutes by taxi, the metro station is close to the hotel and, in addition, we have a bus stop in front of our main door with connexion to Gran Via, the heart of the city’s cultural activity.