Stayed on the hotel for two separate occasions within a week. Had booked beforehand with no return. First was staying one night one fourth floor. Really nice and big room, clean, really nice bed, bathroom with a bathtub and so on... But wifi wasnt working... got 1/4 bars only in toilet. If the wifi would have worked and all rooms were same would give this 4/5 easily.
However I also stayed on the hotel three more nights few days later and got room in the first floor. Wifi was now working everywhere but the room started to show some serious wear. Bathroom floor had big cracks, carpet on the floor was pumpy and the walls seemed to be made of paper! I could hear the spanish couple room next door talk, women cry, snore as if they were next to me... Also the cleaners made such a noise from 9 onwards that it was impossible to sleep longer.
Also about the wifi... Forget any streaming service or checking your email with it... Some emails like outlook and webmail are blocked. They want you to pay if you want to access em... Or walk to nearby mall and use their wifi like I did ;)
The staff at the reception was extremely helpful and spoke good English. Rare thing in Spain. There is minor cafeteria also downstairs but they dont offer much. However as mentioned there is huge carrefour mall like 300-400m from the hotel. Also few small bars and restaurants in the area but it is mainly residential are quite far from the center. Metroline 2 that goes right to SOL square (center of madrid) leaves 200m away from front door and takes you to center in 20mins. Taxi to and from airport was around 30euros. With metro it is much less but you have to change lines twice. The distance isnt bad if you go to center and then come back in the evening just to sleep. But keep in mind that you must return to hotel before the metros stop running or it will get expensive with taxi.
- Next to mall
- Nice bed and BIG ROOMS, tv, lots of space to luggage
- Far away from action
- Wifi not working with emails
- Walls were paper in lower floors
- Quality of the rooms changes depending on a floor.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silken Torre Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silken Torre Garden Madrid