Senator Gran Via 70 Spa Hotel
US$222
US$217
Only YOU Hotels
1,348 results
All reviewsrooftop jacuzzigood sizesteam roomthe main shopping streetwalking distancecentral locationair conditioningroyal palacefresh fruitmetro stationcity breakvisiting madridloved this hotelbars and restaurantsquiet roomplaza mayormajor attractions
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I come to madrid in every 3-4 months but this was the first time i stayed in senator and Senator was the worst 4star hotel i have ever stayed. I stayed 5 nights and they took the money at the first day. If i had not paid all the money, i would change my hotel. I think they have to improve their housekeeping. The rooms were very very dirty. I dropped my ring on the floor and it went under the bed. Then i couldnt believe in my eyes when i looked under the bed. All the dirt, dust was sweeped under the bed. It was disgusting! I will also share a picture! The sheets and towels were dirty. I could stay a cheaper place but i wanted to stay such a place because i thought it would be clean but NO. The cleaning time was weird too! One time i came to room at 17.00 to take a shower and still my room was uncleaned! I had to tell it to reception to have my room cleaned. Other day they were knocking the doors at 9.00.. ?!? Also the receptionists were very bad at English and it was hard to communicate with my few spanish words! God, it is a 4 star hotel, they have to speak english well!! Everytime i called the reception, i had to wait for minutes or call several times because no one was answering! It says free WiFi but do not believe that.. It was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. It was too slow that i couldnt even check my mails so i paid for a faster internet (35 euros for the days i stayed) which also did not work last 2 days although i paid it!!!! When i said it to receptionist, she said that she doesnt know it!! I will never never stay in that hotel again.. It didnt worth even a euro for me..

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Selin_88
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Gran Via 70 Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments, as it is through them the best way we can improve the quality of our service, understanding the perception of our product and most important the quality and friendly service we provide.
We are really sorry to hear that the room . staff an wi-fi , you had during your stay didn´t like you.
We hope that you can give us another opportunity in the future as our maximum aim is that our guests feel like at home during their stay here and that they think about us for their following visits to Madrid. We are sorry to hear that we haven´t achieved it this time.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

The Senator Gran Via 70 Spa Hotel is a 3-star hotel in every way. It's overwhelmingly... fine. Which, in this era of terrible 5-star hotels, may indeed make it the 4-star hotel it claims to be. My traveling companion and I were in adjacent rooms, so I had a chance to see two rooms on the 11th floor. One room was significantly bigger than the other and had a reclining chair and coffee table. Both rooms had desk chairs that were falling apart, cracked floors, and extremely hard beds. There was a free minibar and it had water bottles and 200 ml bottles of Pepsi when I was there (if that is a draw). Despite blips, the rooms were reasonably spacious and so were the bathrooms (if one cares about that sort of thing). The hotel itself is a bit grim, particularly in the lobby, which houses a popular but canteen-esque cafe. Reception is often over-crowded and features travelers sitting around with luggage, waiting for a room to become available. I have nothing to offer on the spa, but the pictures are hilarious and bring to mind a children's water park.

My main issue has to do with housekeeping, which seemed to be on a cost-cutting initiative. You get whatever is left on your toilet paper holder. That's it, even if there are three sheets there. You do not get an extra roll. Forget it. The same principle applies to paper goods, soap, shampoo, etc. Duvet covers and sheets get changed the standard once per week and have holes in them. Also, you had better get out of your room by 9 a.m. if you want housekeeping there before 5 p.m.. They aren't checking back between 10 and 4. I found it irritating, but some people wouldn't mind at all.

FYI, if you haven't been to Madrid, this hotel may look central on a map, but it isn't particularly central. It's an uphill walk to Callao and, from there, you can walk to Sol, and it is the entire way down Gran Via to the museum area. It's probably the 3rd or 4th best location in Madrid. Quite good for Metro, though.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PhilaMember
P-Stor, Gerente at Senator Gran Via 70 Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Guest,

We are really sorry to hear that the room you had during your stay didn´t like you.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

The hotel is quite nice. The room is a little bit worn out, but it is clean and comfortable. The beds are very comfortable and are with a quilt. The water and pepsi are free of charge in your room bar. We had a few problems with the room equipment and the staff fixed all of them immediately. The is a spa, and a gym. You can order a massage. Though if you want to make sure you have your massage on a specific date, get in touch with the hotel and order it well beforehand as the service can be fully booked. The entrance to the spa was not free. My wife and I were charged 15 euro (total) to use the facilities. WiFi was rather weak in the room (gratis), but one can purchase a stronger option (5 Euro a day if I am not mistaken). The breakfast is good with a nice variety of sausages and cheese, muesli, fruit, drinks, pastry. One might feel there are not enough vegetables (only tomatoes) - but it is a matter of taste and a habit. The location of the hotel is very good. It takes 10-15 minutes to get to the Royal Place on foot, 15-20 minutes to Puerto del Sol square, the Prado, Thyssen and Reina Sofia museums. The old center is at your foot. In the area there is a huge number of shops, restaurants, tapas bars for every taste and budget, theatres, If you visit or are planning to visit Spain rather often you can consider to join the Senator Hotels Playa VIP club. The Senator is a rather big hotel chain in Spain with more than 28 hotel all around the country. It is free and can benefit you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are very proud of the location of the hotel. As you said we are in the very centre of Madrid within a walking distance to most of the touristic points of the city. We are more than happy to see that you liked the service provided by our staff.
We once again thank you and are looking forward welcoming you to any of our establishments.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 4:00 am after our flight from Dakar and were put, incorrectly, into a smoking room. Two rooms later they got it right and it has been great since. Perfectly located downtown close to metros and night life. Highly recommend.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guests,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Know you that our goal is make your stay completely satisfactory and that's why we work and try to improve every day.
Once again thank you and we are looking forward welcoming you to any of our establishments.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Even with all there is to see in Madrid, it would be nice to be able to catch TV news. But the only station this hotel has in English is, believe it or not, Russian TV. This channel, posing as offering news, simply replays anti-American propaganda. Any hotel subscribing to Russian TV as its source for English news, does not deserve support from English speaking travelers, certainly not from Americans. In addition,the food offered by the hotel was poor and they are clearly not equipped to handle traveling groups. We strongly urge you to consider other hotels for your stay in Madrid.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends