“Very Central location”

Ranked #91 of 390 Speciality Lodging in Madrid
mumbai
“Very Central location”
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The hotel is situated centrally, very close to the Sol Subway Station of Madrid. The room was very clean and comfortable. The lady who stays on the premises was very helpful and available even at late night when we checked in. She even assisted me in booking transport for the Airport. It is situated on the pedestrian street and hence has very lively night life.All the attractions, restaurants, shops are a walking distance from this place. My children and I enjoyed our stay very much. The only downside is that they don't serve breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank shenv

London
Reviewed 6 June 2009

This place is centrally located and the room was a good size and the bathroom too. It was also great that there was air-conditioning.

But the Receptionist/owner whoever she was, well, she was horrible. She had a bad attitude from the moment I arrived! She was so unfriendly I couldn't believe it! She just seemed annoyed to be dealing with people!

When I was awaken by her screaming baby and complained about the noise, she just got more annoyed and even more of an attitude! She explained that because it was about 8 am. that there was no problem. She had no sympathy for the guests and the disturbance the noise was causing.

I even have suspicions that when my booked taxi arrived to take me to the airport and phoned/rang the bell. She told them I was not a guest there! (This is what the taxi service told me!)

I will never stay there again and you shouldn't either unless you want to be treated like dirt! Stay away!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank ihtak43
Holland
Reviewed 28 November 2008

As soon as we opened the front door, we stepped into an unfinished hall with bags of cement and sand and tools everywhere..The elevator didn't work so we had to walk to the 4th floor with our bags, in the dark because we couldn't find the light switches..First thing that was said to us was that if we made any noise they would call the police! There was no 2p room left so we got a 3p room, which we ended up paying for in the end! At 7am the idiots that run this dump standed yelling in front of our doors, having a fight. All day long their baby cried and wined, they live left of the reception and our room was to the right. We had the biggest problems getting away there because they tried to screw us with the bill. I've never EVER met such cranky jerks!! The hotel itself was nicely located and that's the only good thing about it. If you don't like people, don't run a hotel!! There are so many other hostels in this area, do yourself a favour and stay the hell away there!!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The owners!!!
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank HollandEhv
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 March 2004

city central location, costless, clean, lovely room decoration, nice staff, easy acsess, nice view :) ...etc...

if there is anything negative stuff about, i could say that the street, which is just in front of the hostal, is quite noisy (maybe because i stayed weekend though)

but im sure i'll stay this hostel agein when i visit madrid next time.
i love this hostal and i love madrid. thx

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member