“Central”

Quatro Puerta del Sol Hotel
Ranked #192 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The hotel is within 2 minutes to the main square in Madrid. Everything is on your doorstep- restaurants,Plaza Mayor,the market, Retiro,Prado and the tourist bus that takes you round the city.
The room was clean,smart and the bed was nice and firm.
The staff were all really helpful and provide you with useful information.
Would definitely stay here again.
Even though I was only here one night,I felt the comfortable and homely.

Room Tip: No gym but the Retiro is within 10 minutes where there are lots of runners and cyclists
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Yesmin M

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Location is great, the service was great, the room was adequate (a little small) but in the 2 rooms next door were some Spanish people who were getting ready to go out at about 2am (when we got in at about 1am they were in full flow) and then came back in at about 7am. Although not necessarily the hotel's fault (and when we phoned down they very promptly came and asked them to be quieter) the walls seemed very thin and the bedroom doors really slammed when they moved between the 2 rooms resulting in a very broken night's sleep for both of us.

Had it not been for the noise, I would have definitely rated this hotel as Very Good, so I suppose the tip is to not stay there on a Friday and Saturday night!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JamesF_London
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The hotel and location are wonderful! Everything is clean, the breakfast is delicious and you are walking distance to everything. The main complaint I have is that the beds are very hard. Also, the set up of the washroom may be a little awkward for some. The translucent, swinging glass door provides little privacy. That aside, I still have a very pleasant stay. The staff are very helpful and friendly.
Lastly, if you are looking to stay fit while in Spain or work-off the tapas, Parque del Retiro is a couple of blocks away from the hotel. This is where all the locals run and workout on the outdoor gym.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie L
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Quatro Puerta del Sol and greatly enjoyed our stay. We chose the hotel because of the convenient location to most sites we were interested in visiting. Receptionists were very nice and helpful and they had a great attitude. They did a great job decorating a very small room. First of all, there was not carpet!!! Nice wood floor and modern decoration gave the room a nice sophisticated feeling. The room had a huge window (the entire wall) facing the street, but we didn't have any noise problem even on the 4th floor. The bathroom had a very nice design with the tub appearing suspended above the floor. The door to the bathroom was a very nice sanded glass door that let some dimmed light into the room when the bathroom was in use.
We didn't have breakfast in the hotel, but there was a nice coffee place next door that sold great croissants.
I would recommend this place for a short stay in Madrid.

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Icventure
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The central location of this hotel is a key feature, within easy walking distance of the Prado Museum, Plaza S. Ana, and Puerta del Sol, but not in the middle of the nocturnal craziness. My room had up-to-date, modern furninshings and a wood floor! So much better than carpet. The room wasn't much bigger than the double bed, but that is to be expected of European hotels in an older building. The important things such as comfortable bed, free internet and breakfast were all there. The breakfast buffet was decent with Spanish and Continental fare. There was no gym, so I ran over and around El Parque del Buen Retiro which was way better! I stayed for 9 consecutive nights, a rather long business trip, but I didn't get tired of it, rather I started to feel like I was coming home. And there are a lot of great dining options near by. I reccommend the Hotel Quatro and would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

My bedroom at home was bigger than the room we had. The bathroom door was like an artsy kindve door - translucent and didnt close but had a gap between it and the wall - so u dont get much bathroom privacy. Walls are paper thin. Breakfast was ok though and location was perfect - right beside main metro station, walking distance to everything and at the end of Gran Via

Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed three nights at the hotel after finding it through a Groupon offer. It was excellent value and the location was, as other reviewers have stated, very central and convenient for all the main Madrid sites. I visited with my adult daughter, and as it was a special offer, I hadn't specified a room requirement, but as soon as we arrived we were asked if we would prefer a twin room. We also received a very acceptable bottle of wine as a welcome. Our room was clean and airy, despite the searing heat outside we didn't need the air con as high! Only real niggle was that the bathroom has a (frosted) glass door that doesn't close/lock - fine if you're happy to share your bodily functions!
Excellent WiFi coverage throughout the hotel, actually the free WiFi throughout Madrid is very comprehensive. Our room was next to the lift shaft and was quite noisy, but not as noisy as the party of teenage Spanish schoolgirls who descended on our second day.
Breakfast was very good, once I'd mastered the coffee machine and got it to produce something like a good strong coffee! The tortilla and the pastries were particularly good but not so keen on the aforementioned teenagers all coming down to breakfast in their sleepwear!
I'll certainly stay here again, I'm actually looking at booking it for a romantic break with my husband to celebrate my birthday in the autumn.

Room Tip: Rooms 1-5 are the noisier ones on each floor - by the lift and stairs and on the busier street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family