We spent 5 nights at the Quatro in early October. The hotel could not be in a better location. All of the major attractions in Madrid were an easy walk away. The hotel is situated between several different neighborhoods, so by walking in different directions we found a nice variety of restaurants and different "vibes". The Puerta del Sol is a little overwhelming and seems to be always incredibly busy and crowded, but just beyond that is the Plaza Mayor, which is charming, if touristy. Heading in the other direction towards the museums you pass through the artist's quarter and Santa Ana square, which has a lot of good restaurants and tapas bars.
Our room was quite small, but comfortable. We were on an upper level floor so the noise was not an issue. We had breakfast included in our price, and the breakfast spread was quite ample. They even had a coffee machine which brewed decaf if you wanted it, instead of just the usual packet of instant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the historical, cultural and Shopping area of Madrid. Inside the landmark triangle formed by the Puerta del Sol, Alcala Street and Gran Via Street, surrounded by the best restaurants, shopping and entertainment areas. The hotel is one of expressions of most unique design of Madrid. A majestic building of the early 20th century, whose decoration has been designed by Tomas Alia, one of the most popular and recognized Rooms Designers in Spain. 62 Double rooms, four of those are Superior with private terrace, and one Junior Suite. All of those are exterior, perfectly soundproofed, with natural light, individual air-conditioning, Minibar, business area, Free WIFI, work desk, free safety box. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Quatro Puerta del Sol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quo Puerta Del Sol Hotel Madrid
- Quo Puerta Del Sol Madrid