“Excellent service”

Ranked #392 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

3 of us were left stranded at the reception at Analina Rooms after bookings were confirmed by Agoda both by email and phone! (more on Analina Rooms and agoda in another review) so we had to literally go back to the streets with all our luggage in search for another accommodation (during the holiday season!) The angels in all the cathedrals we have visited so far must have been smiling on us as we stumbled upon this excellent hostel. The hosts (3 of them, one of the called Alfredo) were extremely helpful, gave the 3 of us a double room for 2 nights and fixed it up with an extra bed; they didn't even charge us extra for the extra bed. Space was really tight but that's the best we could do with such short notice. Furthermore, the guys at the hostel were so nice we just felt that we really had to stay there. Alfredo then helped us write an email to Analina rooms in Spanish as we told him that we wrote to Analina Rooms in English on 3 occasions prior to our flight to Spain to confirm our booking but no reply whatsoever from them. (no reply from Analina Rooms still and we are already back in Singapore now). I would highly recommend this hostel. It's a no frills place but it's clean and very centrally located. Only complain is that there is no lift so not the best place if you have too much luggage but the hosts were oh so willing to help lug our bags up and down for us. Such angels they are.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank YSL2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Singapore
Reviewed 6 January 2014

After the awful experience with Analina Rooms, we managed to find Hostal Plaza D'ort! It is a god-send with EURO65 for ensuite triple sharing! Alfredo is very very helpful and friendly to guests. Wifi at level 2 reception area was wonderful too! As we were extremely tired after all the pushing and lagging our luggage to source for alternative accommodation, we only managed to 'carry' our luggage to the level 2 reception area. We had the last room at level 4, so it was rather quiet for quality sleep. Alfredo was very very kind to help us bring our luggage to our room and set the extra bed in our room, while we went out for our late lunch. Location is centralised with approx 20 to 30 mins walk to Prado Museum / Atocha Madrid Train Station, with great accessibility to lots of eating places / restaurants! Will stay there if back in Madrid!

Room Tip: There are no lifts/elevators within this building, so it is better to do backpack than bringing lugg...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank fm_usagi
Wales
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I liked everything about it - position couldn't be better and some excellent bars on the doorstep. I was a woman travelling alone and felt really safe I liked having to ring and be buzzed in as it felt very secure. Very quiet despite the street being busy. The owners were great and nothing too much trouble for them. The only thing is the room I had was a double and for two people might be a bit snug but how much time do you spend in your room when you are in the middle of Madrid. Loved the city and loved the hostal already planning to go back.

Room Tip: If you want quiet go for an internal room. Not so much light but the artificial light was fine.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Buislesb
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Hostal Plaza D'ort in Madrid is an excellent hostal, clean, confortable,affordable and very central with lots of bars, restaurants ,cafes and shops within minutes from hotel doorstep. It is a family run business and Esteban and Alfredo are very helpful and friendly to guests. Every time I am in Madrid, I always stay at plaza D'ort, been going there for almost 9 years now. And been introducing my friends to the hotel. Price is vey good, an ensuite single room won't set you back more than 38Euros.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank tony c
Cork
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This hostal is right in the heart of Madrid within few minute walk to all the main attractions and museums. The rooms are all refurbished with the lastest commodities and very clean. The price is excellent and the service is fantastic they owners are very helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank OrangeC0rk
UK
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We had just two nights in Madrid before heading for Toledo so wanted somewhere central, good and low cost. Very friendly welcome, and helpflul; immediate response to difficulty with TV remote. Small room but clean and comformtable with good en-suite. Walking distance from all major sites. Excellent food at restaurants in Plaza outside hostal. Would be very happy to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alex S
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This was my first trip to Spain. Most of my time was spent in Madrid I wanted a hotel that was in a central location with good transportation options for getting around or for daytrips. For me, Hostal Plaza D'ort was a good choice. I had the metro nearby at Puerto del Sol and could easily get to the train stations for Segovia & Toledo. The hop on/hop off bus stop was just down the street and a lot of attractions are within walking distance. I had a single room that was small but it had everything that I needed. Later (without me asking) they moved me to a bigger room. I surely appreciated that. It's located on a lively plaza and I always felt safe. There are many shops, restaurants and pubs nearby. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I'm very happy with my stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor if you don't like steps but they also helped me with my bags so that was a...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo