“Vacation in Madrid”

ILUNION Alcala Norte
Ranked #115 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Stay was very pleasant. Special mention to Alvaro (frontdeskstaff), he tried his best helping us every question we asked him from directions on where to go to good places to go eat.

MANAGEMENT: Must have more ENGLISH speaking staff. It helps a lot.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Stayed for 2nights during a business trip and left with a very negative impression. Even the price is low I rather pay a bit more and have a good rest, find motivated staff, get some amaneties, find a TV that works and a clean environment. All this though I missed when being here. Will avoid this hotel next time.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
confortelhoteles, Gerente at ILUNION Alcala Norte, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear guest,

thank you for sharing your comment about your stay with us. I am really sorry to read that we have not met your expectations. We are always looking for ways to improve as well as to learn of any missed opportunities. We do not really understand what it could has happened, since most of our guests leave the hotel very pleased, I assure you that we will work harder to improve our services.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

I had booked this hotel because the rate was 50 euros per night and the pictures looked decent. I dint want an expensive one as i was only staying for 2 days. I was a bit doubtful about how it would turn out because of the mixed reviews from previous guests. It ended up to be much better than what I expected.

The airport is about 10-15 mins away. The only negetive about the location is that it's around 15 mins from the centre. You can take a bus right in front of the hotel and the metro station is a 5 min walk away. The hotel is extremely clean and the rooms are spacious and well-kept. The buffet breakfast served was great, had a lot of variety and it only costs 5 euros. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There aren't many people working in the hotel but they seem to manage it well.

My family and I had a lovely stay at this hotel and would definitely stay here again when we go back to Madrid.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Lumyde
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Instead of staying in the airport overnight my boyfriend and I found a great deal on Hotwire.com and stayed for one night. We arrived at the hotel before our check in time but were told that we could check in since the room was ready. The room was perfect for the two of us and also had a balcony which was really nice. The balcony was basic but we had no idea we would be getting one in the first place. Diego helped us most of the time we were there and also made sure to call a taxi for us to get to the airport in the morning. It cost us €21 to get to Barajas airport and the taxi driver was waiting for us in the lobby (we were even early). Also there is free internet which was easy to access. The only things I didn't like was the guy who worked in the dining area. He may have been the only one doing the whole thing (making the food, taking orders, serving, & cleaning up) but he was a bit short and nasty to us. Also, the metro wasn't too far, but it would have been nice if it were closer. Maybe took about 10-15 minutes. The hotel is very modern and clean. There are also smoking or non-smoking rooms available.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This hotel is located 20 minutes by bus / Metro from city center and offers very good services: Great , comfy rooms, a nice breakfast, very good and fasy service by all empolyees we stumbled by. They fixed the safe deposit box within minutes, printed out some material we needed by minutes, were very kind, polite and helpful explaining everything to us. The beds matreses are Visco quality I think, which is rare to find in hotels...

In short - definitely consider staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This hotel should definitely not be rated 4 stars. Super small rooms, tiny television with limited channels, maybe 1 in English. I woke up with the worst back ache ever from the horrible single beds they had. Their welcome package indicated hot coffee in the morning, when asked, (after getting them out of the office) they said they had no idea about a welcome coffee. Who would give 4 stars to a hotel that didn't have a pool, jacuzzi or gym. 1km is close to the metro? Absolutely nothing of interest in the area, barely even any tapas bars.

My whole outlook on the hotel star rating system has been shattered by calling this a 4 star hotel. I've stayed in hostals that were better than this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Chad D
confortelhoteles, Gerente at ILUNION Alcala Norte, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I would like to express our sincere apologies. I am disappointed to read that we had not met your expectations on this occasion.

We do not really understand what it could has happened, since most of our guests leave the hotel very pleased about the hotel, I assure you that we will work harder to offer the best service possible.

Muchas gracias, un saludo