“Amazing location! Stay here, or near here!”
Review of Hotel Urban

Hotel Urban
Ranked #24 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Stayed for a week at the Urban Hotel Madrid. Rooms are not large, but there is a lot of storage for luggage/clothes and a desk for a laptop. Bathroom is large by european standards! One minor problem once I had checked in, the sheets had some sort of a small stain on them. A bit of trouble communicating with the housekeeping staff that I wanted new sheets, but we figured it out, and from then on I found the hotel very clean.

Internet is very expensive (12 euro per 24 hours) and only works on one device. I believe it is free if you only want 90 minutes.

The rooms were quite dark, which actually ended up being a good thing as it meant I slept excellently.

Rooftop pool is small and very busy, but the bar on the rooftop deck is excellent. Lots of seating, reasonably priced. Very nice to relax with a great glass of wine!

Breakfast was delicious, lots of fresh fruit, yogurt, pastries available and eggs prepared on request. I had the poached eggs every day, they were some of the best I've ever had! However, the breakfast was something like 23 euro, and if it hadn't been prepaid with my room, I would probably not have paid for it, excellent eggs or not.

However, the hotel was absolutely a wonderful place to stay, as it was in a fantastic location. Less than a 5 minute walk to Puerta del Sol, the Sevilla metro station or the Plaza de Santa Ana, where we found many excellent restaurants. About a 15 minute walk in either direction to the Retiro Park or the Royal Palace.

If you don't stay here, stay nearby, the area is fantastic!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank maple27
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director General at Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear Guest.

First of all, I would like to thank you for expressing your opinions
About the services of our hotel during your stay.

The opinion of our clients is extremely important to us, as it makes us
Improve our services continually.

I thank you once more for your collaboration. I stay at your disposal.

I would like to have the opportunity to meet you in a future visit. I will
Personally make sure it is pleasant for you.

Felix García Hernán

There are newer reviews for Hotel Urban

Reviewed 16 August 2012

This hotel must have been fantastic when it opened, but is now showing its age a bit - the room was pleasant, but very small for the price and quite dark, and furniture starting to look a bit tatty. Wifi was expensive and I agree this should be included free for a hotel like this.
Breakfas was fine, and the staff are very helpful - the location is also great.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:

In the first instance, I want to thank you for expressing us your observations about the services of our Hotel during your stay.

The opinion of our clients is extremely important to us, as it makes us to improve our services continually. I can assure you that we will endeavour to improve matters as quickly as we can.

In any case, since its opening, the hotel is in a constant process of renewal and maintenance for the big use (wear) generated by the high occupancy

I would like to inform you that the hotel has cable connection free in all rooms.

We have also a hospitality desk available free of charge for our customers during 24 hours.

Also you have wifi connection free during 90 minutes per day.

I sincerely hope that your next stay at the our hotel will be extremely pleasant, I will personally take care to ensure it.

I remain at your entire disposal.

Félix García

Reviewed 16 August 2012

This is a cracking hotel,great beds nice sofa to relax when you have done a days work or sight seeing staff really helpful and can not do enough for you.the pool area is a nice place to catch a few rays or just relax,if you want to get round the pool get there early otherwise there are a lot of seating round about the balcony,my only complaint is if your hungry the restaurant is very slow in getting the food out waited nearly an hour for risotto which put me off using the restaurant again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting such a good comment about the service and in general about the hotel.

All the staff is happy to read we are doing a good job and we have made you feel comfortable in your stay at hotel .

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Firstly location is great, design is modern and chic, staff are generally very attentive. The niggles are as follows:

1/ The rooftop pool, such as it is, should be a real draw for the hotel particularly in 105 degree heat as it was last week; however, on four visits to the pool in the three days I was never able to get a seat. So this actually becomes an increasing irritation rather than a benefit to me as a guest. Also the pool boy was away with the fairies most of the time and never cleared used towels from loungers when guests left so you were unsure as to whether there was a space or not.

2/ The duplex room was nicely designed but the wooden floor creaked really noisily so woke up my partner if I got up during the night, as did the metal door to the bathroom which didn't fit the frame properly so you had to lift it up to close it.

3/ No free wi-fi. When will hotels of any star rating realise this is not acceptable any more?

Having said all that, I still give it 4 stars and would go back. The Glass Bar was fun and the staff in there are great. The reception team are friendly, efficient and helpful with reservations etc. The bed and pillows are good. There are taxis available outside at all times. It is easily walkable to Sol, Plaza Mayor and Chueca.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

On behalf of all of us at the Hotel Urban, thank you for taking the time to complete the recent Trip Advisor Review. I wanted to follow up with you personally, as you are a most valued client and we appreciated receiving your feedback.

First of all,. I have shared your comments with the entire team at the Hotel Urban. We have immediately implemented procedures to ensure to improve all the points you mentioned. We are actively pursuing corrective measures so that you will have a better experience, should you give us the chance to earn your future business. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. It is important to us that we use the feedback given to us by our guests as a tool to improve so that we continue to exceed your expectations.

I would also appreciate an opportunity to discuss your stay in additional detail. Please call me directly at your earliest convenience and I look forward to speaking to you so this matter can be settled to your satisfaction. I can also be reached via email as well if that is more convenient.

At Hotel Urban hospitality we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.

At your Service,

Felix garcia

Reviewed 10 August 2012 via mobile

This is an absolutely lovely modern looking hotel in an amazing location. The service we received here was also excellent. There are however a few things that could have been better for this 5 star hotel. First the room was very small, and we had paid extra for a deluxe room. Second, the hardwood floors in the room crack like you wouln't believe. This meant that you couldn't get out of bed without waking everyone else. All and all this is still a great hotel and great value for Madrid.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Slymont
DireccionDerbyHotels, Director General at Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear Guest.

First of all, I would like to thank you for expressing your opinions
About the services of our hotel during your stay.

The opinion of our clients is extremely important to us, as it makes us
Improve our services continually.

I thank you once more for your collaboration. I stay at your disposal.

I would like to have the opportunity to meet you in a future visit. I will
Personally make sure it is pleasant for you.

Felix García Hernán

Reviewed 10 August 2012

This is our second visit to Hotel Urban, the first was when it had just opened about 5 years back. It's still a fantastic blend of modern design and style combined with excellent customer service.

The atmosphere is outstanding and just very comfortable and luxurious without the heavy stilted old fashioned atmosphere.

Little niggles: charging for wifi (even with 90mins free) these days is like an extra charge for hot water.

The breakfast wasnt as good as we had hoped and the cooked elements were a Spanish take on an English cooked breakfast which was a mistake, the buffet was ok but stops the hotel short from getting 5 stars from me.

We had a complimentary glass of champagne in the glass bar when we arrived (late) which was a perfect start before going out to look for dinner. There is also a rooftop bar which is very romantic (but very dear) that might not be a problem for you.....

Location is great for us just 5 mins from Prado and the Reina Sofia museums and 5 mins the other way towards Purerto de Sol.

Roof top pool is great for a cool down in the afternoon

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 August 2012

This was our eight consecutive stay at the Urban and it keeps getting better !!! The staff strives to make everyone feel at home with superb, personalized service. It is simply the best choice and OUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME while in Madrid. The Derby Hotels must be recognized for having an efficient staff dedicated to excellence. Kudos to Mr. Jose Corredor and his reception staff. THEY ARE THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple