“Lovely hotel”
Review of Hotel Urban

Hotel Urban
Ranked #23 of 442 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 18 December 2012

This is a very nice hotel with spacey design rooms. Breakfast is perfect and staff friendly. A nice hotel, but I slept I other more beautiful hotels in Madrid. The central location in front of Parliament is a plus

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DietherClaeys
DireccionDerbyHotels, Subdirector at Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,094)

Reviewed 12 December 2012

From landing to checking in, even taking the bus, it took me less than 1:15 minutes. The hotel staff was great and it could not be better located. Went to the Reina Sofia to see Guernica and other modern art, only 10 min walk, met some friends for dinner and went to Plz. San Miguel and Cerveceria Cruz- both fantastic. Finally went to bed, work up 7 am for run to the palace and back then a quick walk to Est. Atocha for the AVE to Malaga. Will return to Urban.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank tomasso54

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting such a good comment about the service and in general about the hotel.

All the staff is happy to read we are doing a good job and we have made you feel comfortable in your stay at hotel .

Reviewed 10 December 2012

The hotel is nice- very modern and the restaurant is good. I thought the fresh made cocktails at the Lobby bar were quite good. The front desk and staff are very friendly. The rooms however are VERY cramped. The location is fantastic though within easy walking distance to the Reina Sofia, Royal Palace, and many major shopping areas.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 December 2012

This hip designer type hotel is in a perfect location. Service was outstanding and we found the food to be very good also. The only caveat I would have is room size. We stayed in a suite which was not overtly large by suite standards. Could imagine regular rooms could be quite tight.
Overall would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nedwob123
DireccionDerbyHotels, Subdirector at Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Just returned from a stay at the Hotel Urban, a hip, modern and sophisticated hotel with an unparalleled location in the heart of Madrid. Even more importantly, when my companion was robbed (pickpockets are rampant along the Paseo del Prado!) and lost her passport, credit cards and cash, the hotel staff were incredibly helpful and supportive. This is a boutique hotel where you are truly treated like family and your patronage is valued by everyone you encounter--from the parking attendant to the front desk manager to the bar tenders in the trendy, chic bar, to the restaurant staff. An absolutely wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a Junior Suite. You won't regret the extra Euros!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FredRo1948

Reviewed 26 November 2012

I had some of the best brunch in Madrid and ever: delicious, fresh, champagne, oysters, great value, great service. I would so go there again. Try it our on Sunday from around 11AM. :)

Traveller from London

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 November 2012

I booked this hotel for a one night business stay, as it had been recommended by some colleagues and I was not disappointed.

I ended up in a duplex room, which was massive and had a separate living area upstairs. This was very handy, given that the bed area downstairs was not overly spacious.

The wifi was a bit temperamental but the breakfast buffet was very good. The overall service was very good and the central location means that I would come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
DireccionDerbyHotels, subdirector at Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012