Hotel Urban
US$233
US$217
Only YOU Hotels
2,158 results
All reviewsglass barduplex roomfree glass of champagnegreat hotelrooftop poolcool hotelstar hotelturn down servicemodern designwalking distanceperfect locationthe ground floorreception staffplaza mayorpuerta del soltapasprado museum
Reviewed 19 December 2012

We spent 4 nights at Urban Hotel in Madrid in November and stayed in a room with an upper deck living space. Overall, what impressed me most was the exceptional service. The staff were friendly, from the front desk, the restaurant to the concierge, and gave us a lot of suggestions on what to do and where to go.

The hotel is trendily designed and well maintained, and is richly (yet tastefully) decorated with Asian and African arts around the place. The restaurant serves tasty modern Spanish cuisine that I liked. The location is quite convenient, it's within walking distance (10-15 minutes) to Plaza de Sol and the two most famous museums in town, Prato and Reina Sofia. A metro station is within a couple of minutes' walk should one want to venture further away.

There were a couple of things that you may want to consider before booking it. First, free wifi is limited to 90 minutes a day. You can buy additional usage time or there is a Starbucks near Prato Museum where you can get 45 minutes of wifi when ordering a drink. Second, the room isn't very sound proof. We were on the fifth of the six-storied property and I could still hear the street-level traffic and people. And at times the noise from the rooms nearby also troubled me.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
DireccionDerbyHotels, Subdirector at Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

Reviewed 18 December 2012

This is a very nice hotel with spacey design rooms. Breakfast is perfect and staff friendly. A nice hotel, but I slept I other more beautiful hotels in Madrid. The central location in front of Parliament is a plus

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DietherClaeys

Reviewed 12 December 2012

From landing to checking in, even taking the bus, it took me less than 1:15 minutes. The hotel staff was great and it could not be better located. Went to the Reina Sofia to see Guernica and other modern art, only 10 min walk, met some friends for dinner and went to Plz. San Miguel and Cerveceria Cruz- both fantastic. Finally went to bed, work up 7 am for run to the palace and back then a quick walk to Est. Atocha for the AVE to Malaga. Will return to Urban.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank tomasso54

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting such a good comment about the service and in general about the hotel.

All the staff is happy to read we are doing a good job and we have made you feel comfortable in your stay at hotel .

We hope to see you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 December 2012

The hotel is nice- very modern and the restaurant is good. I thought the fresh made cocktails at the Lobby bar were quite good. The front desk and staff are very friendly. The rooms however are VERY cramped. The location is fantastic though within easy walking distance to the Reina Sofia, Royal Palace, and many major shopping areas.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 December 2012

This hip designer type hotel is in a perfect location. Service was outstanding and we found the food to be very good also. The only caveat I would have is room size. We stayed in a suite which was not overtly large by suite standards. Could imagine regular rooms could be quite tight.
Overall would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nedwob123
DireccionDerbyHotels, Subdirector at Hotel Urban, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012