“great place”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Centro
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I have to start by saying,I didn't have a meal here as such, but was impressed enough with what I did have to take note of name and write review.
Breakfast in hotels in Europe seems to be increasingly expensive, this little gem was dirty cheap, for baguette, jam and coffee...
Thrilled to find someone who spoke English,it made ordering all the more pleasant...my Spanish isn't up to much.
Coffee was great, the baguette seemed to be fried rather than toasted, but it was tasty...
Great central location, good service.

There are newer reviews for Cafeteria Armenia

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Armenia is a middle priced café near the Plaza del Sol. Frequented by many older Spaniards is recommendation in itself in my opinion, but all are welcome. There were some old framed photos of the Armenia on the wall so I took a look. I learnt the café had been there since 1941. I think it´ll be there for several more years yet! The staff are friendly & very efficient. You can choose just a coffee & pinchos or a meal with wine or beer. The main menu is quite varied with main courses ranging from approx. €4 up to €10. They serve a tourist menu up til 4 o´clock in the afternoon which costs €10.95 which consists of three courses, bread & a drink. My husband & I ate there four times. Twice we had the tourist menu; ordering a glass of wine I was given the whole bottle! On the other two occasions we ordered from the main menu. On no occasion were we disappointed & prices certainly didn´t break the bank. Real value for money.

1  Thank Rosalind N
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Some steps away from our hotel and the Puerta del Sol, we had every breakfast there. Plenty of options and a delicious organge juice. I miss the croissants and the cheese and ham sandwich.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We went for drinks and nibbles and experienced the most distasteful attitude from the woman who served us. Her attitude was so bad that we commented to her colleague on this bizarre treatment. Her colleague acknowledged the poor service of her South American colleague and looked at us with agreement although she could say nothing. We won't be back nor will be recommending to friends with is sad because the nibbles were nice but staff attitude was diabolically bad. These staff need trained and taught some good manners with less complacent attitudes to paying customers.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

This cafeteria is very close to Callao and Puerta del Sol in Carmen St. Our server was ALONE, taking care of ALL the tables and she did a great job. There were 3 more servers in the Bar area
but never came out to help her. Food was very good and prices very reasonable.
She deserves the BEST SERVER IN MADRID prize.