“Real value for money”

Ranked #5 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Manila, Philippines
“Real value for money”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

In all hotels i have booked in 6 cities this is my husband's favorite. The room was very nice, clean and spotless. I was at first reluctant because the hotel was fairly new. Upon arrival the hotel staff was very amiable and accomodating. She gave us helpful tips being first timers in Madrid. We've also come across with the owner who was pleasant as his staff. He recommended us to his brother's restaurant and I could really say though it is quite a 10 min walk it was worth it. The hotel is modern with a touch of uniqueness. There are grocery stores and restaurants in the area if you need a quick fix.i just want to suggest taking a cab from atocha renfe if u have lots of luggage because it is quite far from the hotel. We had an overall great experience and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Honeybunnybee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Dublin
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Stayed here one night on arrival by train from Madrid Airport. Great location near Atocha Station.Lovely rooms. Superb showerhead! Spotlessly clean. Lovely receptionist with excellent English who advised us where to eat and where to visit.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

As a tour guide of my last trip I used this hotel for my tour through Spain.
I have been traveling to a lot of hotels so I think I'm able to give you my honest opinion from myself en from my customers who were American.

I liked this hotel very much, its a rather small hotel but that's what I like, you are not being treited as a number as in the big hotels.
Rooms are spacious, clean, new and have a/c and windmill, although the last one makes some noise.
Reception is very friendly and helpful, no extra charge to make a phone call at reception (try this at Mariott). The owner, Miguel was also very helpful to give advice.
Location: very good, 75m from subway, the station is only 1 stop from the station puerto del sol.
Closeby you also find a big supermarket.
Hotel is close to Atocha station.

The only comment I have is this:
- a refrigerator on the room would be appreciated, that would make the room perfect
- breakfast is enough for me but not for Americans, they use to have a heavy breakfast in the morning. So breakfast could be better and more variation.
They have a very good coffee machine that you can use the whole day long.

I would consider staying in this hotel again. If the breakfast would be bigger then I know my favorite hotel in Madrid

• Stayed October 2012
Texas
Reviewed 18 October 2012

This hotel, near Atocha RR Station, is the perfect hotel to begin a trip to Spain following an international flight. Our room was quiet, the bathroom was spotless and offered a unique and wonderful shower with plenty of hot water. The hotel personnel were so pleasant and helpful. There is a parking garage very near the hotel that offers a discount to patrons of the hotel. There is good parking on the street nearby if you are lucky - don't count on that. Wifi in the room was robust and appreciated. The breakfast is very minimal with just juice, coffee, and rolls. There are plenty of restaurant options outside the door on the street. Real estate in this location is at a premium and the hotel has obviously chosen to dedicate its space to rooms. Some renovations were going on, but there was no noise to disturb us. I would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TexasTravel59
Israel
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I had two wonderful nights in this gem of a hotel right in the heart of the Madrid art district.
Beautifully appointed clean rooms.
The owner and staff were warm and friendly and helped us out with recommendations in Madrid.
Best hotel in Madrid!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy R
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2012

The hotel has everything going for it, great friendly staff, its very modern, very clean and a short walk to Madrid centre or you can use the Metro 50m down the road. The breakfast is nice with good coffee, juice, cereals, ham, cheese and pastries. All kept stocked up by a very nice and friendly breakfast lady. There is some small grocery stores ,a Carrefour , bars and small restaurants close by.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DodgerIrishinLondon
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We stayed in Artrip Hotel in early September 2012 and had a great time! Situated in the diverse and ethnic area of Lavapies, it was a short walk from the Metro and surprisingly the only hotel in the area which made it easy to identify! The hotel is within walking distance from a Carrefour, small grocery stores, and eating places.The area around the hotel becomes lively in the evenings when restaurants and cafes open up. The owner of the hotel was extremely helpful and was always making sure that we were ok and advising us where to visit, eat etc. You could tell he was passionate about his job and passionate about Madrid. Wifi was free and there were no problems with the connection. Great air-conditioning too.The hotel was barely a few months old and the rooms were clean, stylish and with a white colour scheme. There was a tiny balcony outside our room, which was nice to just step out to and take a look at the area and street below. Beds were comfortable. We noticed that the blankets were quite thin but we were ok as the weather was nice and warm in early September. Both the toilet and the shower are located separately within the room - each separated with a frosted glass partition. After I checked out of the hotel, I realised I left something of value behind and was unsure if it would be gone forever. When I informed the owner, he was very patient with my questions and after some discussion, we managed to sort it out and I eventually got it back in good condition, at the hotel's expense. I was extremely grateful for their great service and being so helpful in helping me return my item! Would love to return here one day.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends