“Simple and friendly boutique hotel”
Review of Artrip Hotel

Artrip Hotel
Ranked #5 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Only stayed one night but could have stayed longer. Spacious room, friendly staff, very modern and clean. Coffee available in the lounge all day, and good continental breakfast. Everything was spotless and clean. The paintings that give the hotel the name are for sale too. Very near to Prado etc and the train station and in a real neighbourhood. Easy walk to restaurants and squares. Will return!

Room Tip: Go for the larger room if you are a couple
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BoldlyGO
Miguel Ángel P, Propietario at Artrip Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your time to devote some words to our Hotel as this is a gift to us.

Thanks for your comments about our clean rooms, coffee, breakfast and our Team, but the big win is that you want to come back to us whenever you are in Madrid.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon at Artrip Hotel.

Best regards.

Miguel Á. Porras

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Completely blown away by the cleanlines, and quality of this recently furnished hotel. Bright rooms, with planty of ventilation, we had two roof fans and air conditioning! Very attentive and polite staff.

Fantastic price for the suberb quality you get.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank jamesk123

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your time to review the Artrip Hotel.

Thanks so much for your comments about our clean and new hotel, and the friendliness of our Staff, we will transfer their positive comments to all our Team and we love knowing that visit the Hotel again when you return to Madrid.

Hope to see you soon.

Best regards.

Miguel Á. Porras

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Found this Hotel on Trip, everything was true, great staff friendly, could not do enough for us. Breakfast is well worht the small extra, room , great clean confortable. 10 minute walk to center but liked it being away from the noise, hustle and bustle. Train from Airport Rafta only 2 Euros and a 10 minute walk save your cab fair Love to go back

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Stewart C
Reviewed 31 October 2012

This is one of the best hotels i have ever stayed in, i found it on trip advisor and decided to give it a try and i was very happy to have done that. I am surprised that it is only rated 2 star , it is very modern, clean and extremely comfortable. The owner and staff are very helpful and always answered inquiries and requests gracefully and quickly. The housekeeping was great and the room was always promptly cleaned and sheets changed every day. The rain shower was fantastic and i enjoyed it long showers every morning. Breakfast is simple but more than adequate. I was allowed a late checkout until 5 pm at no extra charge which is exceptional these days.
Lavapies is not touristy but it is a very safe area even late at night and i had no issues walking anywhere, it is less than 10 minutes walk to Sol or plaza St Anna or plaza Mayor. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be going back when next in Madrid.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ahmadsameh

Dear guest,

I remember you perfectly, and first of all thank you so much for this wonderful review. Thank you for your kind words and consideration. We are very happy that you enjoyed your time here and liked the hotel and location.
I will share your comments with the entire staff. They take great pride in their service efforts. It means so much to our team to hear a review like yours.
We are very glad to hear such a nice words about the location, breakfast, showers, and about the late check-out we could offered to you.

It will be a real pleasure for us to host you in our hotel again.

With kind regards,

Miguel Ángel Porras

Reviewed 25 October 2012

In all hotels i have booked in 6 cities this is my husband's favorite. The room was very nice, clean and spotless. I was at first reluctant because the hotel was fairly new. Upon arrival the hotel staff was very amiable and accomodating. She gave us helpful tips being first timers in Madrid. We've also come across with the owner who was pleasant as his staff. He recommended us to his brother's restaurant and I could really say though it is quite a 10 min walk it was worth it. The hotel is modern with a touch of uniqueness. There are grocery stores and restaurants in the area if you need a quick fix.i just want to suggest taking a cab from atocha renfe if u have lots of luggage because it is quite far from the hotel. We had an overall great experience and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Honeybunnybee
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Stayed here one night on arrival by train from Madrid Airport. Great location near Atocha Station.Lovely rooms. Superb showerhead! Spotlessly clean. Lovely receptionist with excellent English who advised us where to eat and where to visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

As a tour guide of my last trip I used this hotel for my tour through Spain.
I have been traveling to a lot of hotels so I think I'm able to give you my honest opinion from myself en from my customers who were American.

I liked this hotel very much, its a rather small hotel but that's what I like, you are not being treited as a number as in the big hotels.
Rooms are spacious, clean, new and have a/c and windmill, although the last one makes some noise.
Reception is very friendly and helpful, no extra charge to make a phone call at reception (try this at Mariott). The owner, Miguel was also very helpful to give advice.
Location: very good, 75m from subway, the station is only 1 stop from the station puerto del sol.
Closeby you also find a big supermarket.
Hotel is close to Atocha station.

The only comment I have is this:
- a refrigerator on the room would be appreciated, that would make the room perfect
- breakfast is enough for me but not for Americans, they use to have a heavy breakfast in the morning. So breakfast could be better and more variation.
They have a very good coffee machine that you can use the whole day long.

I would consider staying in this hotel again. If the breakfast would be bigger then I know my favorite hotel in Madrid

• Stayed: October 2012