“Just perfect”
Review of Artrip Hotel

Artrip Hotel
Ranked #5 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 10 February 2014

The best hotel we've ever stayed in by far. Clean, relaxed, comfortable and beautiful. The best thing about it is the lovely staff who were so helpful and just genuinely nice. The location for us was perfect, not on a main road but still very close to all the main sights. The less-touristy area of the hotel's location made our experience of Madrid feel more authentic.

No future hotel we stay in can match up to this one - the bar is very high!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Extra_strong_25p
Miguel Ángel P, Propietario at Artrip Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your time to review the Artrip Hotel.
Thanks so much for your wonderful comments about our clean-quiet hotel, our privileged location and the friendliness of our staff, we will transfer their positive comments to all our Team.
I totally agree with your comment about the local neighborhood in a non touristic area but friendly and safe.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

The hotel is situated in a side street, in a local neighbourhood, a short walk from the train station and the Prado museum. Rooms are clean and well kept and the staff are very friendly. Breakfast is self service and plentiful. There are plenty of local place to eat nearby. I had an attic room, which was very nice with views over the rooftops , but even in January was warm. A good value hotel worth its price.

Room Tip: Careful about attic rooms being too hot in summertime.
1  Thank William Nigel M

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your positive comments about our Artrip Hotel.
Thanks a lot for highlighting our central Location just minutes from best Museums in Madrid and the main Railway Station Atocha (only 12´walk till the hotel). We liked your words about the clean comfortable rooms and our continental breakfast.

So glad you had a good stay and would like to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Overall, this was a great stay. The room was clean and a good size for the price, the bed was comfortable and the wifi worked well. The breakfast was OK (toast, pastries, fruit, cheese, ham, cereal), but having access to free cafe con leche all day was a great bonus.

The best part was the staff, who were to a person, extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful. On arrival, James was at the desk, and provided me a map of Madrid and reviewed the major spots of interest and how to get there.

I look forward to staying here again, if I return to Madrid.

1  Thank ARAK77
Miguel Ángel P, Propietario at Artrip Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your time to devote some words to our Hotel, as this is a gift to us.
Thanks so much for your comments about our location, rooms, free wifi, continental breakfast and our Team, but the big win is that you want to come back to us whenever you are in Madrid.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon at Artrip Hotel.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

The hotel is well kept. The location is perfect, we walked to all the Madrid highlights from the hotel. Breakfast is more than adequate and the English speaking staff both friendly and helpful. Pricing is good.

Room Tip: We had an attic room, a bit cheaper and more than adequate. Very quiet!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your good and positive comments about our Artrip Hotel.
Thanks for highlighting our strategic location in Madrid Town Center, clean rooms and continental breakfast.

So glad you had a good stay with a good customer service. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Everything about Artrip Hotel was perfect for me. I was a little worried about traveling alone because, although I enjoy it, if the person at the front desk of the hotel is a bit rude I sometimes end up feeling annoyed. What is the opposite of rude? I suppose the answer is Artrip. The staff here were truly great, so helpful in every possible way. The hotel itself is lovely, very calm and in a good location. I was surprised how small Madrid is. The only negative thing about the hotel is that there wasn't a full length mirror in my room. My holiday in Spain began and ended at Artrip. After touring around a little bit when I returned to Madrid I felt like I was coming home. I stayed in another similar place in Paris - it cost about 280 euros per night. Artrip rates are much more reasonable and I have nothing but praise. Thank you for the great stay, everybody. I wanted to buy you all gifts but sadly my money ran out. Next time!

2  Thank jimboono

Dear Guest,
First of all thank you for this wonderful review. Thank you for your kind words and consideration. We are very happy that you enjoyed your time here and liked the hotel and location.
I will share your comments with the entire staff. They take great pride in their service efforts. It means so much to our team to hear a review like yours.

We are very glad to hear such a nice words about to give us some gifts last day, and thank you anyway. We are thinking in buying long mirrors for the rooms that we don´t have, your feedback is very much appreciated.

It will be a real pleasure for us to host you in our hotel again.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 31 January 2014

They are so amazing. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, the location is perfect. 2min walk to the closest subway station.
But I was so much pleased with their hospitality. I felt as if I stayed at my relatives' home.
They gave me a very good explanation with the map, which was very helpful to get a brief picture of the city.
From airport, I took an airport shuttle, which gave me a 40min ride to Atocha terminal. From Atocha, 10min walk takes you to the hotel. (With a taxi, 30min and 30Euro)
100% for sure I am very happy to recommend this hotel to anyone - family, couple, solo traveler!

このホテルは本当にオススメです。
英語をみんな話してくれるし、ホスピタリティが素晴らしいです。
マドリッドに来たからには美術館に行かれると思いますが、7〜15分くらいで3つの主要美術館が徒歩圏内です。

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you to choose Artrip Hotel for your stay in Madrid and thank you so much to send this beautiful comments. I am very happy to hear you liked the locations but most of all I am especially pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff It is glad to read they provided to you a efficiente service to help you. I always feel this is the most important and lasting memory of a hotel.

It will be a pleasure to host you again in future.

With best regards,

Reviewed 27 January 2014

My Dad and I are finishing up our five-day stay here. It is an exceptional hotel. There is a reason it is the number 1 rated hotel in Madrid on TripAdvisor. The three staff members who were at the front desk during our stay were very nice, spoke English and gave great suggestions on places to go sightseeing and eating. The room was very clean and comfortable and well maintained. One of the other great things about this hotel was the continental (plus) breakfast served every morning. It is unusual for a hotel of this size and in Spain to have breakfast included in your stay. The food was made fresh everyday and was served late for those who like to sleep in. Also this hotel is located just down the street from the Lavapies metro stop, which is a huge plus because it helps make traveling around the city efficient. Our stay was absolutely wonderful. Miguel and his staff have done an outstanding job with this hotel. Just a couple of suggestions: add another trash can in the bedroom or have a larger one in the bathroom. The one we had was a little too small to throw everything away. Also have a box of tissues in the room. Most hotel rooms have a box of tissues in case you need it. Overall fantastic experience. I strongly recommend this hotel if you are traveling to Madrid.

Room Tip: For larger families or groups go with the family rooms or junior suites because they have more room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TSP2014

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your time to devote some words to our Hotel as this is a gift to us.
Thanks for your comments about our location, rooms, breakfast and our Team, but the big win is that you want to come back to us whenever you are in Madrid.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon at Artrip Hotel.