“Couldn't wait to try the shower!”
Review of Artrip Hotel

Artrip Hotel
Ranked #5 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We were intrigued by all the reviews of Artrip Hotel mentioning the fantastic shower and we were't disappointed. It was pretty good. But what was even better was the personal attention we received from owner, Miguel, on arrival. Our room wasn't quite ready. He sat down with us over a coffee and the map and outlined what we needed to see in Madrid. He also recommended a perfect restaurant for lunch ( even if he did own it).Our room was stylish and spacious. The hotel is well located for walking to all the big sites. We would have no hesitation in returning on our next visit to Madrid.

2  Thank durkin15
Miguel Ángel P, Propietario at Artrip Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your time to review the Artrip Hotel.
Thanks for your comments about our comfortable rooms (shower included), and the friendliness of our Staff, we will transfer their positive comments to all our Team and we love knowing that you´d visit the Hotel again when you return to Madrid.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great welcome from the staff....very easy check in...immaculate room with fantastic shower....booked artrip after reading revues on tripadvisor and weren't disappointed ....would return again when back in Madrid....a big thank you to all at artrip hotel.

4  Thank wilson1313
Miguel Ángel P, Propietario at Artrip Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Wilson,
And a big thank you to you too for choosing our hotel to stay in Madrid.
Thanks a lot for writing such a good review on Tripadvisor. The big win for us is that your stay has been good and you´ll back again some day. We´d love to see you again in our hotel.

Thanks so much and best regards,

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The room was big and spacious , staff very helpful as this was our first time to Madrid .
The shower was wonderful ( although we had just spent 2 weeks in Morocco so any shower with water pressure would seem great)
Easy access to every thing. Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kiwiphil1969

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing our Artrip Hotel to stay in Madrid and for this lovely review talking about our good showers on Tripadvisor.
We feel very happy when our guests are comfortable at the hotel. We´d like to see you again in our small and familiar Artrip.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We receive a very warm welcome from Caridad. As we were too early, she offered to have our luggage deposited so we could walk around till the room was ready.
I have to say that we find this to be a very clean hotel, and looked forward to having a shower because the bathroom is modern with good water pressure.
Going out for linch and dinner, we got excellent ideas from Jaime, who patiently explained directions and specialties of these restaurants.

I would love to go back and highly recommend them!

Room Tip: Even if the breakfast is simple, it is sufficient.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Bahigs

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your time to devote some words to our Hotel as this is a gift to us.
Thanks again for your comments about our excellent value and our friendly-warm welcome, but the big win is that you want to come back to us whenever you are in Madrid.

Hope to see you soon at Artrip Hotel.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My wife and I stayed for four nights as tourists. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. It is located close to all of the sights. Though the area seems a little rough, in fact it's fine. We found it to be cosmopolitan and didn't feel threatened at all. The hotel room was good. Spacious and clean. Overall a great little break.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank laurence c

Dear Laurence,
Thank you for your review. We are very happy that your stay was a positive experience and that you enjoyed your short break with us. We are very glad to hear such a nice words about the location, spacious-clean rooms and helpful Staff.

Thanks again. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Hotel Artrip is one of the nicest places I have stayed on my travels. I'm not generally a big spender on accommodation, and in major European cities, good value is hard to come by.

On arrival at Hotel Artrip I was greeted by an incredibly friendly young lady, I think was called Sana or Sara, who as a solo traveller made me feel very welcome. On request, I was given some great advice on where to go, what to see, where is good to eat etc. and I was made to feel like they had all the time in the world for me. All of the other staff were equally friendly and helpful. On the day of my departure, I had an early flight and the hotel put breakfast on especially early so I could have something to eat before I left. Free hot drinks are provided near reception 24 hrs as well.

The room really was excellent. Pristine condition, very spacious (it felt like two rooms in one) and one of the best showers I've ever used, with a massive powerful shower-head. Everything felt very secure with high-tech keycards to get into the hotel, onto the upper floors, and into the room, as well as a safe to store the most important belongings. I did find it a touch noisy on the first floor, partially from outside, partially from the music on the bottom floor. I'm a heavy sleeper though so it never really interrupted my sleep. The free Wi-Fi signal was fast and reliable too.

The location is Lavapies which is probably one of the more multicultural areas of Madrid. It felt safe and lively, and the hotel is only a few minutes from the Lavapies metro stop and around 10 minutes walk to the main Atocha train station. If you like walking, the main areas in Madrid aren't a million miles away but the metro makes everywhere accessible anyway.

Overall, I would highly recommend Hotel Artrip as a good base for exploring Madrid. I can't imagine finding more accommodating and friendly staff in a place offering such good value.

Room Tip: Some of the ground floor noise filters through to the first floor so higher rooms may be better.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank dstefanw

Dear Guest,
Thank you to choose Artrip Hotel for your stay in Madrid and thank you to send this beautiful review. I am very happy to hear you liked the locations but most of all I am especially pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff It is glad to read they provided to you an efficiente service to help you. I always feel this is the most important and lasting memory of a hotel.

It will be a pleasure to host you again in future.

With best regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2014

You really cant, especially for the price, find fault with this hotel. Easily found and just a short walk from the main rail/ bus station, this is a real gem.
The staff are brilliant and we had the pleasure of arriving when James was on reception. He was an absolute star and nothing was too much trouble and spoke perfect English!
Our room 401, was on the fourth floor overlooking the street and had a small balcony. Could not fault it (and as we had read previously on TA) had a fantastic shower!
The breakfast was more than adequate; cold meats, cereals, pastries, juice etc.
There is also the free coffee machine......which did make really great coffee, so we had that in the room too!
I'm sure there are more luxurious hotels in Madrid.....but if you are after a city break that is affordable and goes the extra mile..............book it!

1  Thank wishiwuzthere123

Dear Guest,
First of all thank you for this wonderful review. Thank you for your kind words and consideration. We are very happy that you enjoyed your time here and liked the hotel and location. I will share your comments with the entire staff (specially James). They take great pride in their service efforts. It means so much to our team to hear a review like yours.

We are very glad to hear such a nice words about our showers and coffee machine.

It will be a real pleasure for us to host you in our hotel again.

With kind regards,