“Great hotel, comfy rooms, ideal location...”

NH Collection Paseo del Prado
Ranked #44 of 443 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I recently stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip, which I was combining with some sightseeing. I paid for an 'outside' room and had a lovely view over the Neptune fountain - I didn't have any problems with noise at all, but then I've slept through an earthquake so that's not saying much for the light sleepers out there!!

I found the front desk staff friendly and helpful, but then maybe that is because I made the effort to speak to them in Spanish. It does make a difference, and let's be fair, it is Spain and Madrid is not the tourist centre of Barcelona where everyone speaks English.

My room was spacious and comfortable. I had a good size desk for working, a fridge with fully stocked minibar (including ham - I've never had ham in a minibar before!), and a nice spacious bathroom with an excellent shower. The only thing that bothered me was that there was not enough light in the evening. Lots of lamps but no central ceiling light which meant there was no main light in the room.

The wi-fi worked well and the room service was quick, friendly and good. There is a VIPs next door if you fancy a quick bite or want something to take to your room.

The metro station is a short walk away, and it is a short ride (1-2 changes depending on route) to the airport. I wouldn't waste my time with a taxi - the Madrid metro is quick, efficient and cheap. Also, a short 15 minute walk to the Central Station (an amazing building worth a visit even if you aren't going anywhere!) - I was able to do a day-trip to Barcelona on a high-speed train with no problems.

The hotel were happy to keep my luggage when I checked out as my flight was not until the evening. If I come back to Madrid, this will be my first choice.

As everyone has already said - the location is perfect for the museums. If like me you are working during the day, it is worth noting that the Prado is free after 6pm so you can get a couple of hours of culture in the evening

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank loxias27
Write a ReviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The location is awesome. Accross the street from the Prado and walking distance from other "go to" places, it doesn't get much better. Room was fine (except rug, which needs replacement ASAP); room espresso machine was a bonus. Had a low level room facing Paseo del Prado and found it to be too noisy. Staff really missed it when they failed to warn us that a military day parade would close all streets preventing us from finding a cab to the airport. Fortunately I woke up very early and asked about the commotion. Literally grabbed one of the last cabs out but was forced to leave a couple of hours earlier than anticipated. Had I not asked, we would have been in some deep trouble. This was my second stay here and would stay again but was not happy with the lack of proactive advice from the staff.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jose S
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The NH Paseo del Prado is a nice hotel with a fantastic location. Across the street from the Prado and close to Thyssen and Reina Sophia you can sight see all day and be close to your hotel. A short walk from the Plaza Mayor and around the corner from all the Tapas places. Do not bother getting the cheaper room with an interior view of a wall. It is the dark and dingy portion of the hotel, But if you get a room with a window, you will pay more but it MUCH better. We even had a large jacuzzi tub which came in handy after a long day of walking. The restaurant in the hotel is good. The front desk staff were certainly not overly friendly and the breakfast staff during the week were unfriendly. The breakfast buffet was really good despite the uncaring staff. I would stay there again for the location alone!

Room Tip: choose one with a window and view not an interior room. Even with the window being right on the squ...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandy B
Reviewed 7 October 2013

If your trip to Madrid is for art and the galleries, then this is where you need to be. Fantastically located for the Prado, Thyssen and Reina Sophia, we found this establishment to be curiously charmless and ordinary. Our advance request for a front facing room was ignored (no explanation given), and we were found ourselves in a dark back room overlooking the high wall of an inner courtyard. Check-in took quite a while, as despite being well after 5.00pm, rooms did not appear to be ready. Facilities were adequate. The room was reasonably sized, the bathroom slightly better. Staff were competent, but lacking any real personality or commitment to customer service, and every approach to the front desk involved significant waiting time. We were so disappointed with this hotel. We would not use it again, and we did not think it worthy of its 4 star rating...or a good ambassador for the lovely city that is Madrid.

Room Tip: Try to avoid overlooking inner walls!!!
1  Thank Fionnuala22
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel wasn't listed in the guidebooks we consulted but it proved to be a wonderful place to stay in Madrid. Half a block from both the Prado and the Thyssen and steps away from the Tapas scene on Calle Jesus, yet much quieter and more civilized than the Puerta del Sol scene. Our room was excellent and overlooked the beautiful Neptune Fountain. Everything was clean and well maintained and the staff was professional. Beautiful public areas and a great little gym. All in all, much more than we expected and a real gem.

1  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We arrived after long flight from USA and needed a good rest. We got it. Hotel is located on a very busy, bustling square, but our room was quite and very comfortable. Service was very good. There was a misunderstanding about our extended stay next day. We had an overnight train to Lisbon and wanted to checkout later. When we booked the hotel, we were told that we can stay till 6 pm for the additional charge. During check in we were told that the hotel is full and we could not been accommodated. However, after short discussion the Management have accommodated us. Hotel is conveniently located to the museums we planned to attend. As always, Madrid is great!

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Overall, the stay was adequate although the room was a bit pokey and could have benefited from a new lick of paint. The bathroom was not that great, in that the lovely large shower leaked badly so much so that it flowed under the door onto the bedroom carpet - this was due to a broken and missing seal around the shower door and slow draining drain. Also the shaving mirror was no where near the sink, but over the bidet.
The rest of the hotel was pleasant enough and the staff very helpful.
Location is also very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business