“What a location!”

Ranked #44 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Ottawa, Canada
“What a location!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel is very pleasant, but it's the location that wins the day. And the view. There are 4 major art museums within minutes and some very nice restaurants, including the Estado Puro tapas restaurant within the hotel footprint. The only downside was the price of breakfast - far too expensive
May0G, Ottawa

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Czech first
Fife
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed in a superior room with an excellent view of the Plaza. Interesting at night to watch the Madrid nightlife. Close to the art triangle and within walking distance of Atocha station/Retiro Park/Botanic Gardens. Large room which was comfortable and quiet.

1 Thank weecooperofife
Goiania, GO
Reviewed 7 November 2013

NH Paseo Del Prado in Madri is a lovely and majestic hotel, with such a strategic location: in front of the Plaza de Cánovas del Castillo, Paseo Del Prado.
My husband and I stayed there for two nights. Besides the room, which is very comfortable and clean with its elegant carpets and green marble in the bathroom, its location provides you lovely walking nearby the historical district of the city, where you can enjoy good food in an inspiring atmosphere.
The rooms in front of Neptuno Fountain give the guests a wonderful view. Although the hotel is located in a busy area, the rooms are unnoisy because there are great windows with appropriate acoustic insulation, giving you the opportunity of dreamy nights!
We didn't have breakfast in the restaurant, we thought very expansive considering we had good places to take delicious meals.
One negative point is the time for check-in, after 2:00 p.m and for us this was a problem because the time of our arriving flight at noon. I tried some months before to talk about it, explaining our situation, but, although in the e-mails we could presume that some efforts would be done in this way, when we arrived we had only one of these choices: wait about 2 hours to do the check-in or pay an extra money to have the available room at that time - 30 euros more expansive.
But the staff is responsive.
I recommend, it worths a lot!

Room Tip: The rooms in front the Plaza give beautiful views and are unnoisy.
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

That was my second stay in that hotel. I like it very much. The best location for museum people. 7 minutes to Sol and 10 minutes ti Chueka. I would recommend it to everyone but it is quite expensive. Your satisfaction from the internal location will depend on the room. 7 floor with the huge balcony was very nice. They request at least 200 characters for this review. Hope it is enough )))

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

mjcon
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Standard corporate style hotel but in an excellent location for the museums. Our room was very clean and surprisingly quiet but had very little natural light and would be unsuitable for the claustrophobic. The air conditioning didn't work well at all so it was quite stuffy and hot.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I recently stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip, which I was combining with some sightseeing. I paid for an 'outside' room and had a lovely view over the Neptune fountain - I didn't have any problems with noise at all, but then I've slept through an earthquake so that's not saying much for the light sleepers out there!!

I found the front desk staff friendly and helpful, but then maybe that is because I made the effort to speak to them in Spanish. It does make a difference, and let's be fair, it is Spain and Madrid is not the tourist centre of Barcelona where everyone speaks English.

My room was spacious and comfortable. I had a good size desk for working, a fridge with fully stocked minibar (including ham - I've never had ham in a minibar before!), and a nice spacious bathroom with an excellent shower. The only thing that bothered me was that there was not enough light in the evening. Lots of lamps but no central ceiling light which meant there was no main light in the room.

The wi-fi worked well and the room service was quick, friendly and good. There is a VIPs next door if you fancy a quick bite or want something to take to your room.

The metro station is a short walk away, and it is a short ride (1-2 changes depending on route) to the airport. I wouldn't waste my time with a taxi - the Madrid metro is quick, efficient and cheap. Also, a short 15 minute walk to the Central Station (an amazing building worth a visit even if you aren't going anywhere!) - I was able to do a day-trip to Barcelona on a high-speed train with no problems.

The hotel were happy to keep my luggage when I checked out as my flight was not until the evening. If I come back to Madrid, this will be my first choice.

As everyone has already said - the location is perfect for the museums. If like me you are working during the day, it is worth noting that the Prado is free after 6pm so you can get a couple of hours of culture in the evening

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank loxias27
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

The location is awesome. Accross the street from the Prado and walking distance from other "go to" places, it doesn't get much better. Room was fine (except rug, which needs replacement ASAP); room espresso machine was a bonus. Had a low level room facing Paseo del Prado and found it to be too noisy. Staff really missed it when they failed to warn us that a military day parade would close all streets preventing us from finding a cab to the airport. Fortunately I woke up very early and asked about the commotion. Literally grabbed one of the last cabs out but was forced to leave a couple of hours earlier than anticipated. Had I not asked, we would have been in some deep trouble. This was my second stay here and would stay again but was not happy with the lack of proactive advice from the staff.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple