“DELICIOUS”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Chamberi
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very similiar to Chipotle that you would find in the States. Delicious burritos and burrito bowls. Great staff. English speaking. Fun atmosphere. Big servings for cheap.

There are newer reviews for Tierra Burrito Bar

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Very tasteful burrito, nice and informal place to stay with friends and eat some nachos and burritos. Good selection of beers and well presented margaritas!
Good prices and nice employees!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I've never tried larger and tastier burrito in my life. Staff is very pleasant and helpful, and English speaking, which is rare in Madrid, and Spain in general.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

get the naked burrito with pulled pork or barbeque beef. For under 10 euros you get a massive serving, get to add whatever toppings you like. The staff are super friendly, great for a quick meal and a really nice, relaxed and cool setting. You can even watch the football here! Also great deals on drinks.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My first experience at Tierra was last summer while visiting Madrid - I had a chicken burrito and it was dismal at best. The burrito fell apart halfway through and the chicken, if you can call it that, was just mushy and tasteless. Tonight was my second time, as I'm back in Madrid for a few months and staying a few blocks away. I thought surely my last Tierra experience was just an isolated one and was excited to try it again as I really want to love this place.

I had a steak burrito this time with cheese, salsa verde and extra guac, and the first bite was terrific. Sadly, again, the meat - which is supposed to be the hero here - was completely tasteless and again, just a chewy mess of what the f____ am I eating.

Admittedly, I'm a seasoned burrito eater, from the awesome indie mom & pop shops of Brooklyn, LA and San Francisco to the more corporate (yet great nonetheless) establishments like Chipotle and Dos Toros. I hate to break it to you Tierra, but your burritos, while having immense potential, could use a lesson or two in meat marinade and seasoning. Granted, perhaps it's pure coincidence that my timing made it that it was the end of the meat bin (which at first glance was off-putting and looked and as if it had been sitting there for hours).

Perhaps my third trip there will have the burrito angels singing, delighting me with an awesome experience, but until then...

Sadly, it seems I'm the only negative reviewer but the bar is set rather high with this type of food when coming from the US. I think this place can be absolutely awesome with just a bit more love put into the preparation, especially the meats. Everything else was great, the guac, the cheese, the tortilla, the rice, etc., (ok a bit more salt on the beans wouldn't hurt)

But the meat, my god the meat! BLAND!!!

Season it! Don't serve it so dry as a piece of leather, I was chewing on it for like 10 minutes per bite, I mean at least if it tasted good, ok, but it had ZERO taste! Big no-no.

Tierra...good but you can do way better than this, seriously.

Good luck!