“Great Place, Great Location and Friendly Staff.”

Room007 Ventura Hostel
Ranked #19 of 411 Speciality Lodging in Madrid
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I Stayed at this Hostel for 2 nights, even though it was my first time in a Hostel for the little i paid i didn't expect much, but i was really surprised. The place was as described, and I was really happy for the service and the activities they had to offer, My favorite one was the Daily tour of the main Historical places.
I will definitely stay there again, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Room007 Ventura Hostel

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed at Room007 for two nights last August while I was visiting Madrid as a solo traveller. I was recommended to stay there from a fellow Aussie that I sat next to on a flight from Edinburgh to Dublin.
Madrid was terribly hot at that time of year and I had carried my large backpack around on public transport so it was a great relief to finally find Room007 hostel. Well air conditioned (in both bedrooms and common rooms), super friendly staff, and modern funky decor. Never underestimate a friendly face to a weary traveller!
The only downfall was the less than desirable breakfast options. But I was informed that the cafe/kitchen was still being constructed and wasnt up and running yet as the hostel was fairly new. So I can forgive them for that, they did offer a coffee and chocolate croissant to compensate.
The common room is spacious and has a nice outdoors area. You can sit at tables or relax in the bean bags. From memory I couldn't complain about the WiFi access in the rooms either.
The position of the hostel was good. It was approx ten minute walk to Plaza Puerta del sol, twenty minutes to plaza mayor, and close to the subway (Anton Martin stop is where I originally got off. the hostel is probably closer to Puerta del sol but you'd have to fight the crowds on a main street, it was quite nice finding my way North of Anton Martin).
The rooms had nice bathroom facilities, and great lockers. I also took part in one of the pub crawls that the hostel combines with other hostels. It was ok, what you can expect from a pub crawl I suppose.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Alicia_Oz
Reviewed 13 April 2014

The Room007 Ventura Hostel has a wonderful infrastructure! The rooms are always clean and the temperature can be regulated as the guests want. The staff is very friendly and available to resolve any problem. Besides this, the hostel has a different program every night, like pub crawl! When I return to Madrid, for sure I'll stay in this hostel again!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Really nice hostel and the staff are top class, always willing to help. We arrived on a busy Friday and they managed to squeeze us in on short notice. Always something to do in the hostel, they organise a pub crawl with different hostels every night and great way to meet people. Also have drinking games, tapa's experience and was great fun. The staff treated us so well, each and every one of them and we are happy to call some of them our friends now. Location is ideal only a short walk to Sol. So if you are looking for a cool and trendy hostel for a fun few days in Madrid then look no further.

Room Tip: We stayed in room with 8 people so ws cool to meet new people from different backgrounds.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The hostel was very well maintained with all areas really clean. The staff were extremely helpful with any issues that we had. The hostel is exactly as depicted by the images on the web.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hostel and if I come back to Madrid again I will definitely stay at this hostel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The 4 persons room was very clean, well organized, well decorated and spacious.
The price is not the greatest atractive, but the location worth it.
We spent just one night there, but seemed very good.

Room Tip: We spent just one night there, so we didn't see much about the internal estructure.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed at Ventura for three nights and it was absolutely lovely. The staff here are super friendly, helpful and such a pleasure to deal with. The hostel itself is clean and the rooms are exactly what they look like in the pictures. I really enjoyed my stay here and when I return to Madrid, I will definitely book in with them again.

And for the previous guest who mentioned the loud noise every night, that's why ear plugs were invented, I brought mine along and slept like a baby each night!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo