“Safe, clean hotel close to metro”
Review of Lusso Infantas

Lusso Infantas
Ranked #92 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Lusso Infantas was our last hotel before we departed for home. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We arrived early and couldn't check in, but they were kind enough to keep our bags safe for us until our room was ready. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean and quiet. The hotel has free Wi-Fi throughout and is modern with a traditional flair. We stayed in other parts of Madrid, including the busy Plaza del Sol, and this hotel was more our speed - it's on a quiet street close to the Metro at Banco de Espana that contains a supermarket and restaurants. It is a ten minute walk away from the Prado Museum. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lusso Infantas

Reviewed 1 January 2011

Pros:
* Great location (you can walk to most of museums, restaurants, bars, cafes and squares)
* Big bathroom
* Free Wi-Fi works well
* 300 yards to 2-Euro airport shuttle bus

Cons:
* Small rooms (double bed is a queen size)
* No respect for "do not disturb" sign
* Cleaning staff stole expensive Coach sunglasses
* Very dark rooms facing the inside
* Noise from restaurant furniture being moved after 1 o'clock am
* Small shower head
* Short shower glass

Full review:

My wife and I stayed at Lusso Infantas from December 27 to December 31, 2010. We immensely enjoyed the location of the hotel. Anywhere we wanted to go, whatever that was - museum, square, restaurant, park, market, bar or cafe - we walked. In four days we only took subway three times and 2 of those were when it was raining. There are some very nice places to visit nearby - El Tiger (bar with huge free tapas) and Bazaar (nice restaurant for 10-euro lunch). For morning breakfast, we headed to VIPS locations, all of which serve full English/American breakfasts.

The rooms themselves are on the smaller side. The double room has a bed, which is almost the queen size. Our room faced inside and was very dark. The bathroom, on the contrary, was large and well-equipped. The only downsides in the bathroom were the shower head, which was the small hand-held type, and the shower glass, which was half-length and couldn't prevent water from spilling on the floor.

The room cleaning service opted out of tips on the first day (the tip Euros were left untouched). However, when we put the "do not disturb" sign on the second and third days, it was not honored on neither of those days and the room was cleaned. I guess the latter wouldn't have been a big deal, but my wife's expensive Coach sunglasses went missing after the third cleaning. She left sunglasses on the nightstand because the forecast was cloudy for that day. Since the fur coat wasn't touched we figured sunglasses are something that the cleaning lady could use on most of the days in sunny Madrid, while fur coat could only be used for a few weeks in the year. Our complaints on this matter to the reception were noted, but quickly dismissed with no action being taken.

Getting from the hotel to the airport was very convenient and affordable. There was an airport bus shuttle on the square next to Banc of Espana. The bus cost us only 2 Euros and comes every 15 minutes or so. We were in the airport 15-20 minutes after boarding the bus.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RDultsin
hotelinfantas, Director General at Lusso Infantas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2011

Good Morning Mr Dultsin,

About the cleaning up of your room I can only apologize. The reason why the room was tidied up is justified in the previous week when we did not make a room of a client, this client came back after the last chambermaid left the hotel and he demanded to get his room clean, so the chambermaid thought it was the same case, but as I said you are right and I apologize for that.

Regarding the robbery, I can say that the person who made the room is working with me since we opened the hotel in 2005 and have never had the slightest complaint about her.

Now this person is thinking about leaving work because of this incident.

Last November we had a similar problem with some tickets for an event in Madrid but customers called us a few days later apologizing about their complaint as they found the tickets among their airline tickets, I would say that is normal when you lose something in a hotel thinking that it was the chambermaid but I can assure you that my staff has been working with me a long time and have never had any complaint about them in this regard.

Reviewed 17 December 2010

I really liked this hotel. I stayed in 3 different places during my 8 night trip to Spain and this hotel was my favorite. The hotel is conveniently located (just off Calle de Alcalá), nearest the Banco de Espana Metro stop. The hotel itself is an older building that has been renovated relatively recently. It's not enormous, but includes a restaurant and a cafe/bar. The public restrooms just off the lobby are very nice and clean. Our room was on the first floor (one floor above the lobby) and was amply-sized, clean, modern, with plenty of space in the closet for clothes and luggage. The two twin beds weren't luxurious, but they were comfortable and the hotel offers complimentary pillow service, with 3 options. Just be sure to request early, as all the pillows can be spoken-for by evening. The TV actually had a few English language channels, which seems to be uncommon in Spanish hotels. I believe each room has a balcony, too. Ours overlooked the side alley, so if that would bother you, try to request a room on the front of the building. Neither is going to have a fantastic view, however. My favorite part of the room, though, was the bathroom. It was huge! I find bidets awkward and unnecessary, but there was one, if that does anything for you. The shower was nice and easy to use. There's some sort of heated rack on the wall (maybe a towel heater or clothes dryer?). Most importantly, though, was that the bathroom door actually locked (also apparently uncommon in Spanish hotels). The interior of the hotel itself is very nice, with beautiful hardwood floors and comfortable chairs and sofas located throughout. I'm no connoisseur of hotels, but the Lusso Infantas met all my expectations and requirements. I have 2 minor complaints: 1. the hotel seemed short on staff members. Drinks came slowly in the cafe, as it seemed like whoever was working had to leave for 20-30 minutes at a time to cover some other part of the building. 2. the balcony doors/windows don't do a very good job of blocking outside noise. The alley outside our room was apparently where teenage Madrileños party until 6 am. Not a big deal if you can sleep with earplugs in, but again, if this is going to be a problem for you, request a room on the front of the hotel. Still may be a little noisy for you, though. Didn't bother me, however.
Great value, decent location in Central Madrid, amply-sized rooms.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank na3k
Reviewed 16 December 2010

Delightful boutique hotel in the heart of all the attractions. Our room was impeccably clean and cozy. The bathroom had every convenience including bidet and towel dryer/warmer. Front desk was friendly and gracious (Carlos). We speak 3 languages but unfortunately not Spanish so we were glad we brought an adapter to the TV and watched movies we had downloaded to our iPad. We will be returning next month and hope we will get another nice room. We wanted to eat in the restaurant but it was fully booked so make your meal reservations well in advance. We're hoping to get a dinner reservation when we return next month. You will not be disappointed staying here. Oh, BTW, there is a Starbucks across the street. When we return next month we want to take a day trip to Toledo and we are hoping the hotel can help us make this happen.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I stayed at the Lusso Infantas during my first visit to Madrid. It was centrally located and about a ten minute stroll to the Plaza Puerta de Sol and the Royal Palace. The lobby and rooms were elegant and very clean. The breakfast was very good. The front desk staff, particularly Gonzalvo, were excellent. They were very friendly, informative and caring! I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2010

When booking accommodation in Madrid I started months early, so I could choose between many great places. According to reviews, pictures and location I chose Lusso Infantas and I don't regret it. But. Just for information that the only good thing about it was the location - really two streets off Gran via, 5 min walk from metro stop, 10 min from shopping, many-many restaurants nearby etc. The pics shown on the website were a bit misleading. At least our room was quite small, not much sunlight and if we would have had 2 large luggages, we wouldn't have been able to walk in the room. Sprung mattresses were really hard. Annoyed, I woke up during the night several times (although it was very quiet); pillows were kind of like noodles: too thin and too long, so they weren't comfy either. They have hardwood floors, which means you can hear steps in the corridor.
If you don't mind poor sleeping quality and care only about location, then I recommend.
I have to add that service was impeccable and polite, no complains there.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights, having chosen the hotel based on other reviews. We were very pleased with the hotel. We were very late checking in, and there was no problem. We also got a quiet non smoking room as requested. Room was clean and nice furnishings, good shower and bed, but be sure to ask if pillows do not suit - ours didn't the first night, but we had a much better ones after we asked. We did not eat in the hotel - there are so many great places to explore in madrid, we didn't see the point, but we did take advantage of the Starbucks across the road for morning coffee in our room!

The only negative was that there were very few toiletries provided compared to other hotels we have stayed at. No problem with that, but if you want to travel light and use those provided by hotel you would be disappointed. The wooden floors throughout (in corridors as well as rooms) did make it a bit noisy at times as well.

Very convenient location - Sol less than 10 min walk away, Prado 5 min walk and Metro station 2 minutes. The area around the hotel is fine and we felt very safe around there late at night.. We would defintely stay there again if we returned to Madrid.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple