“Very good Madrid hotel”

Ranked #171 of 435 Hotels in Madrid
London, United Kingdom
“Very good Madrid hotel”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I have now stayed at this hotel on three separate occasions & have been suitably impressed each time. The location is relatively accessible to central Madrid & the airport via either the metro or autobus, so getting around has been no problem. The presentation of all areas of the hotel has always been spot on & it is right up there in the 'value for money stakes.' I'll be going back again on my next trip to Madrid.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 June 2013

The hotel offered a better-than-average room with easy access from the airport. However, it was a bit remote from everything, especially if you want to enjoy the city... I wouldn't rush to stay here again, although I don't have anything negative to say about it other than the location... If you're staying here, try to get a room that's NOT overlooking the highway - I initially stayed there and found it to be quite noisy.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room overlooking the highway - it can be very noisy!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank intrepidvoyager01
Philadelphia, Pa.
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We started our Tapas Tour of Spain in Madrid and unfortunately we have to end our wonderful tour of this country here. From Madrid to Zaragoza to Barcelona to Castellon to Valencia to Alicante and back to Madrid---what a wonderful country, beautiful people and spectacular food and wine. On our first night in Madrid we stayed in the Hostal Residencia Los Angeles. It is a nice hotel and I gave my review earlier on our stay. As we were leaving the next morning for the United States we elected to stay close to the airport. The Nuevo Madrid is minutes from the airport and our son was going back to his little spanish town by train and the station is close by as well. Many airline crew stay here and this truly is a great place to end a long journey. The rooms are well appointed and there is quiet everywhere. The bath tub was huge and I enjoyed a long soak after our ride from Alicante. There is a restaurant in the hotel and several within a ten minute walk as well. All in all, when planning to visit Spain,or anywhere, trust the reviews from Trip Advisor--we do and did--and this was a spectacular trip!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor and the view was wonderful, especially in the morning with the sunrise...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank surfer02_10
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Just recently stayed here for our visit to madrid to watch the football. I found the staff to be friendly, great service, Nice food at a reasonable price. The hotel was also very clean. Location was around a 30euro taxi fair from airport 15euros to city centre.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Chrissyk99
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Staff was kind and helpful upon arrival from a long flight. Convenient commute from Barajas airport. Was my first stay at this hotel, room was clean and size was ok. Didn’t have time to have breakfast there so I can’t say anything about it.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Clara G
Bilbao, Spain
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Ok, so it is fairly convenient if you going places like IFEMA but to be honest it is quite an average hotel with a fairly good service. Breakfast and Room Service are ok but nothing special and you have to ask twice if an expresso is what you need in the morning. Ah, and it is noise too, as it is close to the M30 and on the other side the taxi drivers won´t stop chatting in the evening.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We returned from Madrid yesterday.

Unfortunately, on the first day, we went to the spa and I badly bruised the underside of my foot.

One of the wooden floor boards next to the shower was not nailed down, and when I put my right (bare, wet) foot on the baord, it slipped downwards, the left hand side of the board came up and when I put my left foot down, it got gashed on the adjacent floor board and ended up in the hole under the floor boards (covered in mouldy, black, bacteria-ridden, slushy water.)

I could easily have broken my leg.

I was in shock, and the attendant was not around and did not speak English, so I returned to my room in the hope I would recover.

The next morning, the bruise was black and blue and I could not put any weight on it. I reported it to reception, they said they could not help me as the manager was not there. I requested he contact me on Monday, when he returned.

He didn't. The spa was STILL opened on the Saturday, despite the hotel knowing about the very dangerous hazard. It was not repaired.

I had to contact the manager on the Monday. We went to the spa, and I showed him the floorboard. He did not believe me and did not apologise, suggesting I'd made up the story to claim compensation. I showed the lady in reception the 3 day old bruise. (How else could this possibly have happened?) She said it must have hurt. It was still very painful to walk. I also showed the manager. I explained I was in shock (5 times) so I couldn't remember the exact position of my foot and that my boyfriend saw it all and would explain when he returned later. The manager was very unsympathetic and kept talking over me and not listening to me. I had to leave in much distress.

My boyfriend came with me to again see the manager later on. My boyfriend had been sightseeing, while I had to stay alone in my hotel room due to the pain. This time the board had been repaired. He showed the manager exactly what had happened and the manager realised I was telling the truth and eventually said "sorry". He said he has said sorry before. This was untrue.

I said I (at least) wanted to be refunded for my stay. Which had been ruined. I could not walk anywhere in Madrid, nor go to the museums I wanted to visit. We had to get taxis everywhere.

The bed we were given was also NOT a double bed (2 singles), and in the restaurant, my food (pork) was served cold on a cold plate with a chipped wine glass. We watched a movie in our room and could hear no sound from it due to the restrictions/limit the hotel had put on the volume control. The showers and jacuzzi in the spa also were not working properly. The main restaurant was closed and our room had terrible traffic noise despite requesting a quiet room.

The manager said I should Olotels, to then contact him, so he could claim back the money on the hotel insurance and then refund me, plus compensation for my spoilt (and very expensive) trip. The trip cost us over £800 for the long weekend!!

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple