“Good for price -- but think twice before booking”
Review of Praktik Metropol

Praktik Metropol
Ranked #86 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
NYC
“Good for price -- but think twice before booking”
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Staying for 3 nights in September. Hotel was clean and well maintained with unique design with reliable wifi, The Gran Via metro is pretty central to getting around Madrid (except for transit to airport requires multiple transfers). My room was a small single bed, no view, in the back corner or the weird hallways. I didn't not have any specific safety issues, but I did feel a little nervous a times. The front door is completely open 24H a day with no doorman/security entrance. And (I wish I had know this before) Montera has its "street traffic" nearly 24H days, and most men get harrassed walking up and down Montera.

The staff was pleasant, but didn't have the best mastery of English, and weren't able to answer simple local questions without looking up on Google (which I can just as easily do!) For example, I asked about the closed cell phone merchant. The front desk staff sent me to a location 2 metro stops away -- when there is a great Vodafone right in Puerta del Sol!!

Anyway, overall, good experience but would NOT stay here again or recommend based on the location/street traffic.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank herenorthere257
DireccionPraktik, Director General at Praktik Metropol, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review. I was a little surprised for you comments and I would like to point some things that are different;
The hotel has 24 hrs Front Desk and from october the building has front desk service in the entrance 24 hrs, all of them are multilingual. Our front desk staff are advanced english speakers and also have a good command of french, portuguese, italian or german. And I also help them sometimes. Also in front of the hotel, is located the Police Station.
Regarding the shops, that are around, in front of the side of Gran Via, is located the biggest shop of Teléfonica, and all our Staff know that it is not neccessary to take the metro to find any kind of shop.
I respect your opinion, if you did not like the location, but I think it is the best location, because being in a place as crowded and secure, (as the Police is round here), is safer. And like this you enjoy Madrid easily.
Kindest regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Very nice designed hotel on perfect spot in the city. We had a great room with very large bathroom and nice view over the old city. They even have a roof terrace with a perfect view over the entire city! The beds were amazing, dont know the exact size, but i think 220cm by 220 cm... i almost lost my girlfriend one night :-)

In short, don't doubt, just book, perfect hotel!

3 Thank Yesmore
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your funny review and for pointing out the size of the beds.
We hope you could come again, and don't worry if you loose your girlfriend, our chambermaids can help you to find her among the sheets.
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed here for the weekend in nov 2011. The hotel just opened so everything was shiny and new!

The hotel is located very near the city center with lots of shops nearby and a metro station right in front of the doorstep. The interior is nicely designed and practical. Good value for money. I would defenitely stay here again next time we visit Madrid.

4 Thank Joost R
Dear Joost,
Thank you very much for review, we are more than happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel. We hope you could come again soon.
derby
Reviewed 17 November 2011

We stayed here for my fiances birthday trip and it was amazing! the rooms were beautiful and clean, with brilliant views of montera and gran via..There were several prositutes outside but you never felt unsafe as there were lots of police around and a doorman always outside day or night. the staff were friendly and catered to all our needs, we had a problem with the hot water and someone came to check it within 15mins also had a little problem with the room safe and this was fixed promptly. The location of the hotel is brilliant, walking distance to everything, puerto del sol, gran via, plaza espana everything is within 15-20 minutes walking, The only little niggles were that an iron was not provided which meant we had to go buy a travel one and having stayed in several places before always had a provided iron and found it a bit odd that the sink was in the bedroom also the king size bed was huge but as it was two beds next to each other they always seperated during the night meaning one of us would have to get out of bed to push the bed back! none of these things majorly affected the stay though and if one thing was to be changed it would be the beds, alhtough they were very comfortable it was quite annoying having to push it back together or back, probably because of the wooden flooring! The room was cleaned well by the time we arrived back to our hotel every evening. Although you come to Madrid to see the sights etc and tend not to spend much time in the room, it was lovely to come back to such a lovely place. The corridors were quirky and everythign is well maintained and deocrated! I Would definetly come back again and my fiance is planning on having his stag weekend in Madrid and going back to praktik metropol. Fantastic place!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!
1 Thank nav k
DireccionPraktik, Director General at Praktik Metropol, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear Guest;
Thank you very much for a complete review you made for our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed during your stay with us, and we hope you could come again soon.

**PS. We have Iron & iron board in the hotel.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I stayed with my husband for my honeymoon in Madrid for a total of 10 nights. This hotel had me impressed from the get go. The location is the best, right in Gran Vía. The staff was very friendly, from the doorman to the cleaning lady. We got there really early (about 7:30 AM) and they didn't hesitate on giving us a room right away, even if check in was supposed to be at 3PM.
When we got to the room we were very happy to find it had a an imppressive view of Gran Vía. Since we traveled around Europe and came back to Madrid, we had a different room the second time around. This time it was even better, since it was bigger and had a balcony with a view to Gran Vía/ Calle Montera. The rooms are extremely nice, clean and modern. The shower is great and spacious. The hotel is far from finished, so I can't wait to see it when it is. I just hope the prices don't skyrocket!

There was free internet service in the rooms, and free usage of computers in the lobby. The whole ambience of the hotel was inviting to relax and have a good time.

I really can't say there was anything bad with this hotel. I just hope to return to Madrid soon enough to stay in Praktik and repeat that great experience.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room with a view to Gran Vía.
1 Thank Samdhya
DireccionPraktik, Director General at Praktik Metropol, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Dear Samdhya;
What can I say after such a great review of our hotel...Thank very much for helping us to become more known on the net. All the team from Praktik Metropol are very happy for reading this type of comments and because we realize that every single day more people are becoming Praktik. We hope to see you soon again when you visit Madrid, and we will do our best to surprise you even more.
Thank you very much and Be Praktik!

Carlos Gómez
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 14 November 2011

This hotel is ideally suited for a traveller that is more worried about location than space. The rooms are beautiful but small, with a lovely bathroom. The breakfast floor with free internet really came in handy when we were faced with a crisis. This hotel is so centrally situated you literally feel you are in the middle of Madrid. I would recommend it to anyone!!! There is nice restaurants right opposite the hotel and the metro is 20m away!

Room Tip: We would have loved a room with a view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I have just got back from Madrid and stayed at The Praktik and I could not fault it or the staff one bit! The room was a lot bigger than I thought it would be and it was very very clean, the staff were really friendly too. We did though have a problem one night where there was no hot water but with just one call to reception they got on it straight away and had hot water back on within 30 mins on a Sunday! If you are looking for a central location and value for money then I promise this hotel will be perfect for you. I will definitely be going back.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank AndySBBristol
DireccionPraktik, Director General at Praktik Metropol, responded to this review, 8 November 2011
Dear Guest!
On behalf of all our team, and myself, we would to thank you for taking a few minutes to make such a fantastiK review of our hotel and service at Praktik Metropol. We are happy to know that you enjoyed Madrid from our perfect location. We hope to see you soon again at Praktik Metropol.
*One tip: if you visit Barcelona do not miss our brothers The Praktik and Praktik Rambla, they are abosolutely outstanding.