Praktik Metropol
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,401 results
All reviewsgran via metrorooftop terracecalle monteratapa tapagreat locationfirst floorsuperior roombusy streetreception areacorner roomcentral locationother hotelsmetro station righttop floorcommon roomcool hotelwalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Location, design, view, room size, bed comfort, bathroom (though a bit smelly), cleanliness, service, friendly and helpful staff, etc, etc. all above standard in particular for such a good room rate.
Also my hotel again the next visit.

• Stayed: November 2011
DireccionPraktik, Director General at Praktik Metropol, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your nice review of our hotel. We like you have enjoyed our hotel.
We hope you could come again to visit us to Madrid.

Reviewed 24 November 2011

Staying for 3 nights in September. Hotel was clean and well maintained with unique design with reliable wifi, The Gran Via metro is pretty central to getting around Madrid (except for transit to airport requires multiple transfers). My room was a small single bed, no view, in the back corner or the weird hallways. I didn't not have any specific safety issues, but I did feel a little nervous a times. The front door is completely open 24H a day with no doorman/security entrance. And (I wish I had know this before) Montera has its "street traffic" nearly 24H days, and most men get harrassed walking up and down Montera.

The staff was pleasant, but didn't have the best mastery of English, and weren't able to answer simple local questions without looking up on Google (which I can just as easily do!) For example, I asked about the closed cell phone merchant. The front desk staff sent me to a location 2 metro stops away -- when there is a great Vodafone right in Puerta del Sol!!

Anyway, overall, good experience but would NOT stay here again or recommend based on the location/street traffic.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank herenorthere257

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review. I was a little surprised for you comments and I would like to point some things that are different;
The hotel has 24 hrs Front Desk and from october the building has front desk service in the entrance 24 hrs, all of them are multilingual. Our front desk staff are advanced english speakers and also have a good command of french, portuguese, italian or german. And I also help them sometimes. Also in front of the hotel, is located the Police Station.
Regarding the shops, that are around, in front of the side of Gran Via, is located the biggest shop of Teléfonica, and all our Staff know that it is not neccessary to take the metro to find any kind of shop.
I respect your opinion, if you did not like the location, but I think it is the best location, because being in a place as crowded and secure, (as the Police is round here), is safer. And like this you enjoy Madrid easily.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

Very nice designed hotel on perfect spot in the city. We had a great room with very large bathroom and nice view over the old city. They even have a roof terrace with a perfect view over the entire city! The beds were amazing, dont know the exact size, but i think 220cm by 220 cm... i almost lost my girlfriend one night :-)

In short, don't doubt, just book, perfect hotel!

3  Thank Yesmore

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your funny review and for pointing out the size of the beds.
We hope you could come again, and don't worry if you loose your girlfriend, our chambermaids can help you to find her among the sheets.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed here for the weekend in nov 2011. The hotel just opened so everything was shiny and new!

The hotel is located very near the city center with lots of shops nearby and a metro station right in front of the doorstep. The interior is nicely designed and practical. Good value for money. I would defenitely stay here again next time we visit Madrid.

4  Thank Joost R

Dear Joost,
Thank you very much for review, we are more than happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel. We hope you could come again soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2011

We stayed here for my fiances birthday trip and it was amazing! the rooms were beautiful and clean, with brilliant views of montera and gran via..There were several prositutes outside but you never felt unsafe as there were lots of police around and a doorman always outside day or night. the staff were friendly and catered to all our needs, we had a problem with the hot water and someone came to check it within 15mins also had a little problem with the room safe and this was fixed promptly. The location of the hotel is brilliant, walking distance to everything, puerto del sol, gran via, plaza espana everything is within 15-20 minutes walking, The only little niggles were that an iron was not provided which meant we had to go buy a travel one and having stayed in several places before always had a provided iron and found it a bit odd that the sink was in the bedroom also the king size bed was huge but as it was two beds next to each other they always seperated during the night meaning one of us would have to get out of bed to push the bed back! none of these things majorly affected the stay though and if one thing was to be changed it would be the beds, alhtough they were very comfortable it was quite annoying having to push it back together or back, probably because of the wooden flooring! The room was cleaned well by the time we arrived back to our hotel every evening. Although you come to Madrid to see the sights etc and tend not to spend much time in the room, it was lovely to come back to such a lovely place. The corridors were quirky and everythign is well maintained and deocrated! I Would definetly come back again and my fiance is planning on having his stag weekend in Madrid and going back to praktik metropol. Fantastic place!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!
1  Thank nav k
DireccionPraktik, Director General at Praktik Metropol, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Dear Guest;
Thank you very much for a complete review you made for our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed during your stay with us, and we hope you could come again soon.

**PS. We have Iron & iron board in the hotel.