“Don't waste your time and money”

Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel
Ranked #152 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Orange, California
“Don't waste your time and money”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We have been touring Europe. We stayed in five different hotels and this one was the worse. The location and the staff were very nice. However the room was the size of a walk in closet. Internet was patchy. TV did not work. Room was not cleaned. Shower door was broken. Shower head leaked. House keeping woke us up at 8:30 am even though we had a do not disturb sign on and after we told them to go away they called our room 10 minutes later and woke us up asking to come in. If u didn't leave your room by 9:30 am your room would not get cleaned. Overall you are better off somewhere else.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trip4LH
PedroAlonso, Gerente at Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent stay at Boutique Hotel Meninas.

Thank you for your comments about the staff and the location. The Hotel Meninas is just in the heart of the city.

We apologize for you inconvenience with the tv in the room and we are pleasure to inform you that thanks you comments we can solve detected the problem and solve it.

The clean service in the rooms start by 9:30h, and they finish at 16:00h. The customer can be the room and can sleep until the time that he/she need it.

From the heart of Madrid and from our entire team we extend our warmest regards.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at Hotel Meninas at the beginning of May 2014 and had a fantastic weekend. ‎

The décor is very effective; the grey, white and pink colour scheme throughout the hotel creates ‎a modern fill against the traditional 19th century building. My parents had booked a junior suite which was lovely; three Juliet balconies, separate lounge area ‎and a nice size bathroom. We had booked a standard ‎double room which was just as nice on a smaller scale, with one Juliet balcony and a lovely bathroom (with good ‎toiletries - very important). Mini bar was well stocked and reasonably priced.‎

The hotel staff were really friendly and helpful. The breakfast area is down in the basement, it's a nice ‎breakfast, but I'm not sure I'd worry about having it included if I returned, especially with so many little ‎street cafes on your doorstep. They've really tried to brighten it up, but we preferred to be outside in ‎the glorious sunshine sipping our Spanish cortado coffees. ‎

The location of the hotel is fantastic, you are within walking distance (10 mins) to most of the main ‎sites in Madrid; Gran Via, Plaza de la Puerta del Sol, Plaza Mayor and the lovely buzzy market of San Miguel. ‎You are literally 5 mins from the Teatro Real, Palace and Plaza de Oriente. The easy to use metro is at ‎the bottom of the street (Ópera‎) too for any places that aren't within walking distance. ‎

This hotel really ticks all the boxes for a city break and when I return to Madrid I won't hesitate to book ‎this place again.‎

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Let me start by thanking you for completing our guest survey regarding your recent stay with us, here at the Hotel Meninas.
Your referrals about the location, staff and services are very important to us to encourage our staff and ourselves.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel while in Madrid in May 2014. Overall the hotel was an excellent value for the price. My wife and I had a small double room ( which was indeed quite small) but sufficient for our needs. The shower door in the room was broken and repeatedly came off of the rails, but really just more of a moderate annoyance than a real problem. The breakfast buffet was 15 euros a person, which definitely caused us to skip out. Otherwise the room was nice, and the hotel is an excellent location, within walking distance of most anything in the old center and Royal Madrid.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Jeremy T
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to comment on your recent stay at Boutique Hotel Meninas and we are very happy that overall you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you again, here in our hotel situated in the heart of the city.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

On the 7th April 2014 I requested via email from Australia, an additional days stay in a Junior Suite at the Hotel Meninas for the 24 April. Unfortunately, Fernanado Pavia could only offer me a double standard which I accepted and requested that two single beds be made up. Fernanado then replied confirming my reservation and making no mention that two single beds could not be provided. On arrival the room was only available with a double bed. Nothing else was offered.
I said to the staff that I would be not taking the room and would be staying at another Hotel which was across the street. A few days later to my surprise I noted that Hotel Meninas had deducted the full amount for the room I did not use. On contacting Fernanado he replied that a double standard is always a double bed or twin beds and always ( under availability ) we try our best etc. I was then quoted their policy! I made further contact with Fernanado but received nothing back. I would not recommend this Hotel ( we did stay the next night in the Junior Suite ) but would certainly recommend the Hotel across the street.
Thanks
Mike

Room Tip: If you have to stay here do not get a room facing the street.Noise from cars, people and rubbish col...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 May 2014

It is on a very quiet street which is rare in Madrid. I was able to sleep with the windows wide open with no issues. The room I had was a kind of suite, very clean, with a small living room area and large bedroom. Large modern bathroom. I very much appreciated the wooden floors (rather than carpets) as they can get cleaned! The bed was fine, the pillows just OK. Nice staff. Small balcony. Breakfast buffet is simple, perhaps a bit pricey for what you get.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kaz P
PedroAlonso, Gerente at Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear guest,

We hope to see you again, here in our hotel situated in the heart of the city.

You can still find the best offers on our official website in your next visit to our city.

manchester U.K
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Could not have picked a more perfect hotel to visit Madrid. It's location to all the places of interest and also shopping areas. Perfect in every way The staff really helpful with any request. I would SO SO SO highly recommend this hotel to any tourist I can't wait to come back and reside there again. HONESTLY and from reading reviews from here I would stay again. It's worth a visit.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank hcha
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comment regarding your stay with us, here at the Hotel Meninas.

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed here the first time in August 2012 and enjoyed the convenient location, helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms. In March 2014 I was traveling through Madrid with my sister and two nephews - we weren't planning to stay in Madrid, but our flight from the USA was delayed by 4 hours which necessitated a stay in Madrid after all. I called Meninas from the Madrid airport and was greeted by a friendly staff member who spoke English very well. Luckily we were able to get a quadruple room for that night that was perfect for all of us. Getting to the hotel is easy via metro as the hotel is less than100m from the Ópera metro station. However, the receptionist advised that we take a taxi, since we had all our luggage. Another option is a convenient shuttle service, but since we were a group of 4 it would be the same price to hire a taxi. The taxi driver didn't know exactly where the hotel was, but it was easy for me to explain in my very minimal Spanish because of the hotel's great location next to the Opera. (I just said "cerce de Opera"). Our room was spacious and had LOTS of storage space. We were all very tired and due to the hotel's quiet location on a small pedestrian street, we all slept very well. In the morning I was awakened by a bird singing outside the window and then I luxuriated in the jacuzzi tub while the rest of the family slept late. The Meninas Hotel helped us get our vacation off to a good start despite the flight delay; it is my "home away from home" when in Madrid.

Room Tip: I stayed in the quadruple this time, which had one queen size bed and two singles. It was on the 4th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Adventurista_12
PedroAlonso, Gerente at Hotel Meninas - Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014