“Great location,rockhard matress”

Petit Palace President Castellana
Ranked #119 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The hotel is located in a very nice neighbourhood,close to the main sites of Madrid, the interior was kind of dated, dark, not very wel maintained,and with the hardest matress we ever slept on, the checking staff was friendly, to bad the breakfast wasn' t included in the rate, it should have been for this price,i will not return to this hotel, my back still hurts.

Room Tip: Book another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RichardLVDV

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The High Tech President Castellana is just 30 steps away from Paseo de la Castellana. This is a great location if you wish to walk & explore Madrid's poshest neighborhood without depending on public transport.
Despite of the many reviews complaining about "hard beds" I found the mattress perfectly firm for a good night sleep. I guess it's a matter of personal preference. Some people like to sleep on rather soft beds, other do not. I loved the overall sleep quality and silence.
Wifi is free and works well. There is also a laptop in the room, which I reckon is just a gimmick if you carry your own equipment.
I found the room and bathroom both very clean and well equipped with plenty of amenities. Zapping a couple of minutes across all channels I noticed plenty of international TV stations in many languages.
Unfortunately I had to skip breakfast early in the morning. Maybe next time. Definitely recommendable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Victoria G, Gerente at Petit Palace President Castellana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for your very complimentary review of HT. Our team are delighted that you enjoyed their service and look forward to welcoming you back again.

I look forward to meeting you upon your return.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed in the hotel for business for one night. For a hotel in such a central location we got a great rate at Euro 85 per night. But the hotel didn't meet expectations. No gym, a mattress as hard as a wooden board, and a shower where the shower head was broken and I couldn't adjust the temperature. Hence my verdict: Won't stay there again. On the positive side: It was clean and staff was friendly.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I spent 2 nights in High Tech President Castellana. When I read the previous comments, my first concern was internet connection. During my stay internet was working perfectly well. Coverage was great and connection never lost. I was also pleased with the location of the hotel. Nearest metro station is Colon and from there it takes around 4, 5 minutes on foot. Main streets on two opposite sides of the hotel are elegant and you enjoy walking there.

Coming from its name, hotel furnished with a modern design. Size of the room is fair enough. Tiles of the bathroom and bath tube are very clean. I did not have any complain about the bathroom. Safe in the room was working properly. There are laptops inside of the rooms which surprised me. On the other hand I wasn't happy with the beds. It was too hard and too narrow. Unfortunately you cannot sleep so comfortable. However this didn't effect my visit significantly. Secondly I had a discontent from the air conditioning. It works really noisy and it does not have thermostat. So it works whole night and room gets either too hot or too cold. Third, our window did not have any scene. It was looking to internal hall of the building which also makes inside darker.

Apart from that, I enjoyed variety of the breakfast. It was good enough. You can easily find cheese variety, egg, sausage, yogurt, fruit juices etc.

Depending on the price performance, I would decide whether I stay here again or not.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Writing this review while still at the hotel room! Overall nothing special but... Got a smelly room and the beds... OMG, never saw beds so hard, lets see if I can walk tomorrow morning. Staying in Madrid for a couple of days but going to change hotel tomorrow. Wifi is so slow that made me wondering if it's to force people giving up writing bad reviews. It's not download slow, it's waiting ages for google to give you an answer kinda of slow. Staff couldn't do much, seems like they are used to the complaints, they showed me another room but same thing.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Victoria G, Online sales department at Petit Palace President Castellana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We regret, however, that certain details were not entirely to your liking. With this in mind we would like to inform you that we take note of each and every guest´s complaints always with the aim of improving.

Warmest regards.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

One night as part of a business stay in Madrid. Location was very good for my office but also central to shopping and eating. You would be well placed for a leisure visit which does make it an affordable good option. Staff were very nice, efficient and spoke excellent English. Hotel had a modern look with its dark (maybe too dark) feel and scattering of blue neon look lighting embedded in the floor or under furniture. When you get up close though the rooms and decor are a little tired. Room was large - king bed and bunk beds. Bed was firm but comfortable. Air conditioning was not working or had been set to a high temperature - I could make the fan blow hotter but not cool down. I guess I was not alone given the amount of rooms with their windows thrown wide open. Bathroom clean and a decent shower with a good range of toiletries. Television was OK but sometimes dropped channels and picture quality was poor at times. The in room laptop (nice idea) didn't work. Biggest issue by far (important to me but may not be an issue for all) as others have said the wifi is terrible. I am not sure I buy the fact that it is peak load by other guests - thanks to my hot night I tried it at all hours just to pass the time. It doesn't hold the connection and performance is bad. In fairness to staff I didn't complain about aircon and wifi - at one night for business I only I just lived with it. Would I stay again? Probably not on my top 5 for Madrid. Should you try it? If the price is right for you and the location is what you need I am sure you could do worse but my sense is there is better out there.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear client,

We will bear in mind your comment about wifi and aircon and we will do our best to improve in these issues.

Ultimately, we work to please our guests and their opinions are what always guide us in doing so.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

If you don't expect a lot from a hotel and you are only interested in the city, it is a very good option. The hotel is next to a metro station, almost in the city center and close the Serrano area which is very chic and residential. The interior desing of the building and the rooms is fine, but don't expect a very technologic hotel like it sounds. The bed was very comfortable, but the breakfast wasn't as we expected. The staff is friendly, but their english level was not sufficient, since i speak Spanish i could comminicate with them otherwise it would be difficult.
A last tip; please try the restaurant called ''El Padre'' which is 2 blocks away from the hotel, you will love it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear client,

Thank you very much for you comment about our Hotel Petit Palace President.

We will bear in mind your comment about breakfast and technology and we will do our best to improve in these issues.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kindest regards.