Clement Barajas Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmadrid airportclose to the airportfree shuttleone nightshuttle servicenext morningbetween flightscatch an early flighthotel shuttleovernight staymorning flighthotel restaurantrental carwake up callroom was clean and comfortableinternet connectionthe hotel offers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2013

This hotel is conveniently close to the airport and has clean, quiet rooms. The staff I met (reception, bar, shuttle driver) were friendly and helpful. Shuttle service to and from airport was punctual and quick. Only criticisms are the food service and wifi connection - both limited in range. The restaurant is only a snack bar, with basic bar snack options and poor selection at that (there are heaps of restaurants in the area but if one is tired from a long flight eating in the hotel appeals). Breakfast was a similar disappointment, with a basic range of selections. I could not connect my iPad to wifi in my room, although my phone did connect. However, despite the cons, this hotel is reasonable value for that overnighter before or after flying.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed at two hotels near the Madrid airport as we came and went from Gran Canari. First, we stayed at Clement Barajas and this is a review of that hotel. Three nights later we returned and stayed at Axor Barajas, which we cover in another review; we highly recommend that hotel and suggest that you read our review of it. We were very disappointed in the Clement Barajas and question how any experienced traveler can recommend it. The area is dreary and it is directly across from a very busy gas station, which might be the best view available. Halls are dreary and spooky dark at some ends. Rooms are small and could use significant "freshening." Amenities are virtually nonexistent and we had one bar of soap which is the smallest we have ever seen and we are sending a photo of it. How much could the hotel save, if anything, by using this sliver of soap? Our shower, which was in a high tub with a hinged glass door that was fastened closed, had a body wash soap dispenser, which was empty. When we mentioned this to the clerk, he must have known about the problem, because he immediately gave us two small plastic tubes of liquid soap. The airport shuttle runs only once an hour on an inflexible schedule. We asked the clerk to call a cab and we were told to just go in front and they come by every three minutes. Not so. We waited ten minutes and then wandered the area until finding one two blocks away. The price is not different from so many hotels in the area which are far better. There is no reason to stay at this dismal establishment.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stuart S
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Clement Barajas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2013

Dear Sir, I am really sorry about your stay at Clement Barajas Hotel. About your comments, I should say you could ask for more amenities if you wish, we provide a good variety of that, if there was any mistake, we feel sorry about it.
Our location could not be better, you can read other comments about it, well located, nice bar and tapas restaurants around, 5 minutes from every terminal. You should say Axor hotel is not as well located as Clement Barajas, Barajas Metro Station is just 1 stop from the airport and 5 minutes from the hotel and easy access to the city center. Axor do not have metro stop.
49€ for a 4 star hotel, free shuttle service to and from the airport is overrated? I feel sorry but can not agree with you.
We really apologize for all the inconveniences.

Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

The staff is very kind, the rooms are very clean and confortable, the bathroom was amazing between long flights (I took the longest hot shower ever!). It is very well located (7 minutes to Barajas) and the shuttle to the airport was very convenient. I also liked the complementary coffee and pastries before leaving to the airport, it was too early to have a complete breakfast but it's always nice to have a little something before leaving. The only thing I didn't like was that the snack bar opens at 8 pm, although there are tons of little restaurants in the area I was exhausted and didn't feel like walking in the rain. Other little thing was that I couldn't connect to the wifi in my room and neither at the reception (not a big deal either). Overall, an excellent experience. If you ever need to stay overnight in Madrid, this is the perfect place!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Vila2405
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Clement Barajas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience on your last stay. It is always a pleasure to hear such wonderful comments from our guests. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the location and the service you received from our front desk team. I'm sorry about the wifi connection. We have taken serious note of your comment and we did appropriate action to avoid this kind of inconvenience in the future. Hope to welcome you back in the near future
Best regards

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I don't have too much to say about this hotel except that it's clean, friendly, and convenient for one night sleep to catch a flight the next day, it has a free shuttle from/to airport. I stayed in the first time in 2011 and it had then a nice restaurant. I booked again at the beginning of the month, and the restaurant was really bad, but wine was good. I got a frozen pizza that was not heated up enough, but I saw many restaurants around, so you might try that. In 2011, I took the subway and went to downtown, it's 7 min away. It was great, this time I was too lazy to do it, because I got there too late already and had to catch an early flight!

Room Tip: Shuttle to airport every hour!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Clement Barajas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you for your kind review. As you say, the subway to downtown is very well connected. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Best regards

Reviewed 19 March 2013

This is a fantastic airport hotel, that is generally well priced and good value for money. There is a shuttle service that operates at most (but not for a few hours during the night) hours of the day. The airport is in a good location, you could walk from the airport in 20 minutes, and there are plenty of restaurants and supermarkets well within walking distance.

The reception staff are always friendly and helpful, and will go out of their way to help you. The rooms are modern, clean and are of a good size, the beds are comfortable, and there is even a fridge in the room that contains juice, water and pepsi, free of charge! The wifi is free, which it should be in 2013 anyway...

I have stayed here many times, and when I am at Madrid airport, I always use The Clement.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jetstreamaviator

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience on your last stay. It is always a pleasure to hear such wonderful comments from our guests. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed our welcome area and the service you received from our front desk team. Book at clementhoteles.com and get a 6€ voucher discount. Hope to welcome you back in the future.