“Great hotel for Travellers to/from Madrid Airport”

Clement Barajas Hotel
Ranked #132 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Vancouver, Canada
“Great hotel for Travellers to/from Madrid Airport”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here for two nights as we had a very early morning flight from Madrid airport on the third morning. It was a good decision. We came to Madrid by train from Cordoba and caught the airport express bus from Madrid to the airport where we were picked up by the hotel shuttle. The next day we spent exploring Madrid, an easy journey in from the hotel, by air-porter bus, but Madrid also could be accessed by metro, with a station several blocks from the hotel.

The staff were friendly and helpful, recommending some restaurants and Tapas bars in Barajas for our first afternoon and evening and providing information on transportation into Madrid for the next day as well as providing some tourist information. The shuttle (at 5 in the morning) was prompt and on time.

The price was good and I would not hesitate this hotel for travelers using the Madrid airport.

The rooms are comfortable and WIFI reception was great..

2 Thank Mia G
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Clement Barajas Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Madam, thank you very much for such a nice review and thank you for recommend us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Well appointed room. Nice size. Bed was comfortable. Air conditioning was superb. Quiet even though it was close to the airport. Airport shuttle ran right on time. Many restaurants, bars and cafes within walking distance. Metro station within walking distance. Nice place to end our trip to Spain.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir, thank you very much for your comments about our Clement Barajas Hotel, I am glad you liked the hotel, location and bar/restaurants around.

Hope to welcome you back in the future
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I chose this hotel in part because of the free shuttle. They picked me up and dropped me off without a hitch on their part. I had a bit of a problem using the phone... my advice, buy an expensive soda at the airport and use the change to call (.50€). Place the call by first entering 91, then deposit the coin and continue dialing. Be sure you know what terminal you are on before you call. The hotel is VERY close to the airport, and so is metro line 8. The staff let me check in hours early (thank you! ) as well as arrange for a late check out at 6 pm for a reasonable charge. Great! I was soon very comfortable in the clean room with a bathroom that was spotless. The room itself had a plain decor, but I spent my time in the center and appreciated the easy access to the airport. I also liked the neighborhood and ate at two local spots. Though I didn't have much "affection" for the hotel, it was a solid enjoyable hotel to spend a night or two!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MarzUSA
Dear Madam, We appreciate the valuable feedback you have posted following your recent stay with us. It is our pleasure to know that you had such a nice stay with us and you enjoyed the room, the location and also you had time to visit Madrid centre.
Costa Rica
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Had an overnight stop so decided to book this hotel as it was very reasonably priced and was very pleasantly surprised. Would not stay there if I wanted to spend time in Madrid but for an airport stop it is the spot to stay. I recommend it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Clement Barajas Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Sir, thank you very much for your nice review about our Clement Barajas Hotel. I am glad you liked the hotel. I would like to inform you that underground/subway is just 7minutes walking from hotel and takes 30minutes to city centre. So Clement Barajas Hotel is also a nice option to visit Madrid, our rates are cheaper than hotels in Madrid centre.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel was very clean, modern, and priced right. They were also very accommodating. I specifically wanted the room for when we landed in Madrid after an overseas flight, so that my husband and I could rest and shower before we could actually check into our apartment we rented in the early afternoon. We checked in at 9am, and they gave us a late check out at 2pm and did not charge us additionally.

North Bergen, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for just one night which was our last night in Spain. The room given to us (ROOM 406- DOUBLE BED) looked good from the way it was kept and the bathroom looked neat too. Since we wanted to make our last trip to Puerto de Sol, we decided to quickly freshen up and leave.
This is when I started noticing the problems with the room. The wash basin in the bathroom was getting choked. The water was not seeping through fast enough. My husband and I decided to ignore this problem since it was manageable. After an hour we noticed that the A/C in the room was not working. We decided to ignore that as well. Until then we had not used the bathtub....
We got back late night at 1130 and I wanted to check if we are getting hot water in the tub so that we have no issues next morning ...so I just started the tap in the bathtub....here comes the BIG problem.... The bathtub was getting clogged too and the water did NOT seep through at all...This was definitely NOT MANAGEABLE. So, we called the reception and they said they cannot fix the problem this late in the night. They moved us to another room which was a suite (ROOM 410)

The first thing I checked in that room was the bathtub and the basin. It looked as if there was no clogging in this bathroom. Though the next day I realized the bathtub did have some clogging issues.
Again, the A/C in this room too was not working. We decided to keep the windows open for the night. My husband and I were not really angry or irritated and handled it very cooly considering it was our last night in Spain.

Next day morning we had booked the hotel airport shuttle for 9AM. We checked out at 8:40AM (all payments done)... We decided to have a cup of coffee in the hotel cafeteria and wait for the shuttle. There were still 20 mins for the shuttle... We walked out of the cafeteria at 8:57 AM and there were no signs of the shuttle... We waited until 9:05 and then asked the reception about the shuttle. They informed us that the 9AM shuttle had already left and that we were late.

The worst has still to come. The guy at the reception (bearded guy - forgot to ask his name) started rudely replying and arguing with GESTURES and told us that he called ROOM 410 2/3 times but no one answered. HOW STUPID CAN ONE BE ?. How can we be in the room at 9AM when we had checked out at 8:40AM ?
So my husband who was calm until now, asked the other lady at the reception that did she not know that we had checked out at 8:40 AM? She was dumbfound.... she did not know what to say because she knew that it was no point calling the room. Then the guy again goes saying that you should be here at 8:55 AM because the shuttle leaves at 9 AM. I told him that were right there at the entrance 3 mins before 9AM . You should listen to this argument which he gave us.... He said that our WATCHES are not in sync then ....LOL... Ridiculous. We got that verified too and they seemed to be in sync...LOL. My husband said to him very nicely that look YOU NEED TO HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS and can't behave this way.

My husband and I are very particular about timings and have NEVER had any such issues in the past ... We knew we were there on time....It was dead clear that the shuttle left much earlier than 9AM.

Until now I was not angry because I had missed the shuttle but because there was no WORD of SORRY or no gesture of APOLOGY from this person and that dumb lady receptionist... There were no suggestions about calling in for cab..nothing...no help was being offered... Finally we called in for a cab and left for the airport.

Before getting in the cab I asked this guy again if he was sure that the shuttle did not leave before 9AM and that I will post this experience on tripadvisor. He again went berserk and started shouting that do what you want, put it anywhere, etc.... he did not seem to care about his customers or the hotel reputation.

The last few hours of our trip turned our whole experience of Spain to bad one. We left from Spain with an irritated mood because obviously the most recent experience and that too an early morning experience was a bad one.

If you decide to stay in this hotel...make sure you sync your watches with this bearded guy and that dumb lady receptionist (this is very important or you will miss your shuttle) ... Check your bathtub and wash basin for clogs.. Check the A/C.

2 Thank riddsy
CLEMENTB, Gerente at Clement Barajas Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Madam, first of all I apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay.

For other customers, I ask you to read other 10 reviews to check Clement Barajas real value.

We checked air-condition after your check-out and it worked right. Anyway if you inform front desk we can solve it at the moment, as we did, changing your room to a junior suite at night.
Also if you inform reception we can manage air-condition of your room. But we can not do much if you do not inform us.

About shuttle service, we inform our customers that bus leaves every hour on the hour from the hotel. The bus is always on time, we can not allow delays for other customers. You should be at front desk on time, and you came after 10minutes!!, 12 customers took the bus at that time with no problems that day. We waited 5 minutes and tried to find you but we did not.
I am sorry we did not realize that you checked-out 20minutes before and obviously you were not at the room. But we really tried to find you with no success
your comment "she was dumbfound" is disrespectful- I must say she is a trainee student, 18years old, just to take this under consideration.

Just 1 comment in tripadvisor, long enough but disrespectful with staff that just tried to do their best as always. I really apologize for such a bad experience at our hotel.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Clement Barajas, is conveniently located near the Barajas airport, and the hotel offers an excellent shuttle service to and from the airport, they will pick you up at the airport ( they recommend to call them when you arrive ) and the shuttle takes aprox 15 to 20 minutes to pick you up at the Hotel Transportation Stop ( you can ask at the airport exit for exact spot).
The hotel is clean and cozy, their staff are very attentive,friendly and efficient.
I highly recommend this hotel for short stays , we used it for the day of our arrival and for the day prior our departure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family