“Enjoyable Stay in Madrid”

NH Collection Madrid Suecia
Ranked #44 of 445 Hotels in Madrid
“Enjoyable Stay in Madrid”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had a 2 day stopover in Madrid on business. A whole bunch of us stayed at the Innside Suecia and I have to say I was pretty impressed with the accommodation, rooftop bar and the general proximity to lots that Madrid has to offer.
The rates were very reasonable and my colleagues and I had a very enjoyable late night drink on the new rooftop bar which offers excellent views of the Madrid skyline.
Well worth a visit if you're on business in Madrid.

Room Tip: Rooms on 10th floor offer excellent views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MariaFierros, Rooms Division Manager at NH Collection Madrid Suecia, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Andy S,

Thank very much for your kind review! We appreciate the time you took to share your opinion about Innside Madrid Suecia hotel.

We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked the Innside Touch!!

At Innside, our aim is to exceed our guest´s expectations and we are very glad when we get it as it was you case. Comments like yours make us keep working in the same line of standards, based on excellence and closeness of service.

Looking forward to wellcoming you back soon!!!!

Best Regards

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel is really squeaky clean and the room was set up really, really well for a couple (thought the glass walls around the shower wouldn't be a good idea for unrelated business travelers). The staff was helpful and thoughtful and made reservations for us upon request. The location was perfect for our needs as tourists. We had a very early flight and the night clerk made us coffee and found some baked goods for us before we had to leave, which was a lifesaver. Room prices were comparable with somewhat less luxurious accommodations in the area. Breakfast was good.

The wifi in the rooms was very, very (unacceptably) weak, but it was just fine in the bar. We were on vacation, so it wasn't much of an issue, and when we found we needed connectivity, it was fine to sit in the downstairs bar.

My only fear is that, as a new hotel, the prices will skyrocket before we can go back.

The bartenders at the rooftop bar really knew what they were doing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear MJN4074,

Thank you for your last visit to the Innside Madrid Suecia, also for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are really happy to read that you enjoyed you stay with us. We work hard every day to improve our service, also it is very nice to read that you loved the room, toilet and breakfast.

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences mentioned in your post regarding the wifi signal. therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem.

We love what you said about the "The bartenders at the rooftop bar really knew what they were doing". But also we are flattered that you enjoyed your time in The Balcony!

Should you be coming back to Madrid anytime soon, do not hesitate to call us!

Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I am currently writing this review on my final night at this hotel.

In contrast to the positive reviews, my experience has been quite average. I am not a demanding or critical person, but as a travel consultant and someone who has spent many nights staying in hotels all over the globe, my opinions are quite the opposite.

Yes, this is a nice enough modern four star property, but my positive impressions end there.

Like a previous poster mentioned, there is no one at the entry of the hotel to assist you with your luggage up the stairs to reception; although check in was swift and staff polite , no information about the hotel was given other than breakfast times; it was all very rushed IMO. I
wasn't offered assistance with room location or luggage, so made my own way to my room.

Upon entering the room my first impressions were positive; and as I always do when settling in, I go through the hotel information to familiarise myself; no information at all in the room; I had to call reception several times to ask questions which was an inconvenience.

I decided to try and work out the television but all was in Spanish apart from 2 news channels; I contacted reception again and they told me that channels 20 to 25 or thereabouts were in English; well this was not the case so I tried to use the remote to locate the language selection which I found after over half an hour!! Feeling quite tired and frustrated by this stage I decided to stay in for dinner. Not knowing if there was in fact a restaurant or room service, I went down to reception and they said yes to room service and gave me a dirty small menu. I also asked if they had an information book, and gave me a one page sheet with very little listed.

I decided to order a burger, so I called the number listed on the sheet and no answer; called three times in total then called reception to ask if I fact there was room service and mentioned that I calked several times with no response.

I didn't understand what the receptionist told me to do, so waited a while and tried again, this time my call was answered.

I ordered my burger which arrived promptly on a plate with just potato crisps from a packet!! The burger was fine but there were no condiments or salad on the plate.

I decide to try out the roof top bar and pool, as this was one of the reasons I chose this hotel; I knew before arriving that it had been hot the previous few days, so cancelled my booking at Intercontinental and selected Innside instead.

The roof top is quite nice, but the 'pool' is just a very narrow lap lane and no sun lounges. I was disappointed, but as I had pre paid, I knew moving wasn't an option.

There is a bar and so I decided to have a quick drink; I sat at a table and waited expecting some sort of recognition or direction, but no luck. I decided to go to the bar and order and was informed they didn't have a drinks list!!

Seeing as I was in Spain, I ordered a Sangria but was informed they didn't make it but could offer something similar; fine. The drink was nice enough, so I sat a while. At no stage did anyone come up to me and offer another drink or even talk to me ( I was alone).

I left somewhat disappointed and called it a night. Went down to breakfast the next morning and wasn't acknowledged (again) so went up and asked where I could sit; no information was given regarding what was on offer or the procedure; I wasn't even asked my room Number which was unusual for a hotel where breakfast isn't included. I also had to ask where I could sit.

As I came and went through the day, I had to make eye contact with reception staff to be acknowledged which is unusual IMO.

I went up to the bar again the second and third night for a pre dinner drink, and yes once again no acknowledgment at all. Staff there do however say hello to the cool crowd which I observed whilst sitting.

As the bar is open to non hotel guests as well, I felt they were given priority and attention all three times I went up. It is a young ad cool crowd, and I felt as though I was intruding each time I went up.

So today my final day after a day of touring, I decided to go for a swim to cool off; we'll it was quite busy with a lot of outside customers who were given Hawaiian leis and had reign of the entire space including the pool.

Obviously as the pool is so small and narrow, there was no way I could go in and felt very disappointed as I was hot and it was nice and sunny. I also felt unwelcome and awkward.

As I was not given any useful information about facilities, I assumed that perhaps the pool is not available to hotel guests at certain times?? I would imagine that guests would have priority?? So here I am back in my room on a nice sunny day when I would love to be upstairs enjoying the sunshine.

Very long winded I know, but I feel it is important to mention everything that was a negative experience for me.

Would I stay here again? No way, and I won't be recommending it to clients unless they are young and hip and have no expectations.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bali4eva
MariaFierros, Rooms Service Manager at NH Collection Madrid Suecia, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Bali4eva,

First of all we would like to thank for your recent stay an Innside Madrid Suecia, also for taking the time sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Innside, which are such a valuable source of information for us, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and it helps us to monitor the service and the product that we provide

We are deeply sorry to read that this time your impression about our hotel and service was not as pleasant as we wished, because is not usual. Likewise, we regret to know that The Balcony and service did not fixed your expectations.

On the other hand, as per brand we do not offer such services as porters, bellboys, even though our reception team is more than welcome to give assistance with the luggage.

Please do not hesitate to visit our premium brands, such as Gran Meliá, which applies better to a luxury service. Close to Innside Genova, it’s our well-known ”Gran Meliá Fenix”, which offer their exclusive “RedGlove Service” called “Timeless luxury with an avant garde flair”. We are pretty sure this brand will exceed much better your expectations.

At INNside, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Thanking you again for your collaboration, we remain at your complete disposal for any assistance you may require.

María Fierros
Doorn Holland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Thanks to the very friendly, helpful and professional staff in the recently redocerated Hotel Inside adrid Suecia our family stay in this high quality hotel was fantastic. The quality of the Inside Madrid was of a very high level. The hotel was very well situated for visitors of the highlights of Madrid. The famous Prado, the Mayor Plaza adn the Mercado San Miguel are on walking distance. The rooms were very comfortable, even excellent. The rooms were very quiet.
A very extensive and tasty gluten free breakfast was served. The staff in the berakfast room were very helpful, friendly and professional. The prize quality ratio is surprisingly good.
We have enjoyed our stay very much. We will recommend this hotel to our friends.
Jan Beenackers, Doorn, Holland

Room Tip: Use he rooms we have used.
Green Features: Envirement is obviously part of the strategy of the hotel. Bed clothing and towels are advised to be used several days
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Beentje,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion with the rest of the travellers of Tripadvisor.

It’s great to hear you love the line of the Hotel as is the newest brand of Meliá Hotels International.

I am extending your compliments to all our colleagues, who will delighted to read it. We are glad to read you enjoyed the location as well as the Rooms, breakfast and service.

Do not hesitate to enroll in Melia Reward program and get advantages in your next stay in all Melia Hotels International Portafolio.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

It's a new and modern hotel. Very convenient located near Gran Via and Museo Del Prado. We did an upgrade in order to have a more spacious room. We didn't have breakfast there. And most of all the staff was especially friendly and helpful. We definetely would stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eliane f
MariaFierros, Rooms Division Manager at NH Collection Madrid Suecia, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear eliane f,

Thanks for taken few minutes of your time to share your opinion about the services at Innside Madrid Suecia on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear you had a great experience with us and you enjoyed also the emblematic location of the hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon in Madrid or in other Innside properties, more destinations coming shortly.

See you Innside!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Firstly, staff was helpful and very friendly. Always carrying a smile no matter what! Hotel itself was new and modern just the way i prefer on my trip. Breakfast was amazing with plenty of choice. Location could not be any better, minutes walk from Gran Via .Rooftop terrace was pleasant and my wife just love it up there with the little pool and amazing Madrid overview. Overall we had a good stay with no hassle and would recommend this Hotel by far. I don't usually write reviews but i had to give credit to all the staff for making our stay worthwhile.. Many thanks

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MariaFierros, Rooms Manager Division at NH Collection Madrid Suecia, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear naomibondchung,

What a nice review!!

Thanks for taken few minutes of your time to share your opinion about the services at Innside Madrid Suecia on Tripadvisor, I am sharing your comments with my colleagues who will be delighted to read it.

We are glad to hear you had a great experience with us, you enjoyed the hotel, its location and of course out roofterrace "The Balcony" with our amazing views, definetely is the meeting point this summer in Madrid with dj music every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

All Innside Madrid Genova look forward to wellcoming you and your wife back very soon!!

See you Innside!

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

An absolute pleasure to stay in this hotel. The location is in the middle of Madrid, easy to get to, the staff is extremely friendly, the rooms are spacious and luxurious, the bar on the rooftop terrace has a great view over Madrid! We will be back!

Stayed July 2014
MariaFierros, Rooms Division Manager at NH Collection Madrid Suecia, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Jesper F,

Thank you so much for choosing Innside Madrid Suecia for your last stay in Madrid!

It’s great to read you liked our property and you enjoyed the location and the great views from "The Balcony".

I am sharing your comments with the whole team, who will be delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to hosting you in your next visit to Madrid, the city has more secets to be discovered!

Have a look in our loyalty program “Melia Rewards” to enjoy their benefits in future stays.

See you Innside