“Great little hostel, basic rooms and facilities but great location”
Review of Hostal Los Alpes

Hostal Los Alpes
Ranked #32 of 392 Speciality Lodging in Madrid
Saint Julian's, Malta
“Great little hostel, basic rooms and facilities but great location”
Reviewed 5 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights while we were visiting Madrid for a Coldplay concert. Just wanted somewhere central to lay our heads at night with good acess to the metro so this place ticked all the boxes . Rooms are very basic but if you're not gonna be in there much what does it matter ?? Reception were helpful , room was clean looking straight out onto the street all in all a good budget hostel

• Stayed May 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Eskisehir, Turkey
Reviewed 19 October 2012

The Hostal's location is perfect. It is very close to metro, shopping centers and Puerta del Sol. Great value for money. Our room was nice and clean with good bathroom.
Can be noisy at night if you leave the windows open.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank evansblue
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I travel as much as I can.
I came to this place in Nov 2011 for the first time and the experience was so bad I sworn to never! go back there.
The location is really very good and the price is not bad but too much for the horrid and lack of service and treatment you get from the owner or landlord Miguel.
Last time I was here with my son and his cousin we were placed in a triple room so it was ok. I had two strong guys with me so it was not noticeable.
This time I made the reservation BY MISTAKE because LAST TIME as soon the time was over for us to stay Miguel turns NASTY! and I do not use words such as this EVER!
I came alone, I was carrying a backpack and another small bag with wheels. Miguel saw me struggle and did not offer at all to help me!
I got a single room that you must share a bathroom (toilet but not the shower)
The WHOLE room was as large as a regular size bathroom in the USA at the corner there was a shower.
I was NOT greeted as someone that was repeat! I could not sleep because the bed was AWFUL! my whole body hurts!
The TV did not work and if you call the main office - talk to the walls better!
I tried to stay another night and was treated like a common criminal! I guess the maid called him over because calling did not work! no one! answers! horrid.
I happened to not feel so good so I was trying to stay another night and Miguel comes to the door - "it is not possible - you must leave now! "
I had to SHOVE everything to my carry on and put the stuff out the door.
SO! Room - way too small in a size of a regular bathroom and if you need to pee forget about it - you must go to another place.. nice no?!
Shower - Be careful, its built into the corner of the room!
Helpful - If you are a woman - go to first floor and stay away from this evil person name Miguel - he is happy to take your money but when its time to go you better be ready or you will be herrast every 5 minutes until you are out!
Clean - Its ok.
As much as the Alps is horrid that is how wonderful the Hostal Residencia Ginebra is awesome - it on the first floor and in the building which I also stayed there After I stayed at the Alps the first time - that is the place I wanted to stay but mistaken - the owner is amazing! helpful, understanding and basically everything this Miguel person is not!!! - hostel Los Alps is a very hostile! So just keep away from the 4th floor and just go to - HR ginebra - you will be treated with respect, love and great personalities a big smile you need so very much after the hideous experience with The Hostal Alps! Spanish people is known for is definatly not at the Hostal Los Alpes.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 4th floor and go to the first floor to HR Ginebra..
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This was a great location right on Fuencarral, one of the main shopping streets off the Grand Via. It was close to the Grand Via metro stop, only about a block away. Nothing fancy about it, but in good shape and a great price! The staff were friendly, especially since we arrived late in the evening, about 10 pm. You need to call ahead if you're arriving after 6 pm, which we did, and they had someone waiting to check us in when we got there.
We had Room 17, which was on the top floor of the building and all by itself. Amazingly quiet, especially for being on such a busy street! The room is good sized in both the sleeping area and the private bathroom for a budget European hotel. It even had a terrace overlooking the street, but they were getting ready to retile, so we didn't have access to it and not sure if normally you have access or not.
The wi-fi was free, but a bit unreliable, possibly because we were upstairs. Kept loosing connections and having to relog in. Also, not much in the way of towels, just two bath towels and no washcloths or hand towels. No soap or shampoo either, so bring your own!
All in all, a great place for the price and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Liked the isolation of room 17 and the view and terrace.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I'm a regular visitor to Madrid, and this is definitely my preferred accommodation in the city. The location is superb, close to great shops and nightlife, but quiet at night. The single rooms are a good size, spotlessly clean, the staff friendly and the wi-fi works well. Light sleepers may need earplugs as the walls are a little thin.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ava1803
Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

Great small place.

Bathroom a touch small but decent size shower. Incredible rates.

Only negatives was you could here others comings and goings but was rately woken as a result.

Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank LeonandHevonne
Katowice, Poland
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The hostal Los Alpes is an excellent choice if you're looking for a cheap accomodation in Madrid.
The hotel is situated right in the city center, but off the main street, so it wasn't noisy at night.The room was very big and comfortable, well equipped with en-suite bathroom.
It was one of the cheapest options in Madrid, and we got much more than we had expected.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends