“Great for the business traveller”

Jardin Metropolitano
Ranked #65 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Hotel Jardín Metrolpolitano is set in the heart of Madrid's business district, so it is hardly surprising that it caters to the needs of busy people. But tourists should not worry, a large metro (subway) station is just across the road and serves three of Madrid's major tube lines (so it is only a matter of four or five stations to reach most tourist hot spots).

The rooms are large, airy, modern, well equipped and well maintained. There is plenty of storage space and the decor is modern and relaxed. The free wifi connection is a bit slow (and maybe not very secure according to my firewall program) but it works. BBC, SKY and Al Jazeera serve the English-speaking TV audience needs, and there are French, German and Spanish TV channels as well.

Next to the highly professional and helpful reception staff area is a snack bar open day and half the night. And through its doors is the entrance to the international cuisine restaurant.

There is a secure parking garage under the hotel (and using it can add 20% to your daily bill).

We enjoyed the comfort of our stay here and would recommend it to friends and colleagues without hesitation.

Room Tip: Unless you are immune to Spanish noise levels, try to avoid the street frontage side. We were offere...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MikTheViking

Reviewed 26 August 2011

This hotel went way above and beyond to accomodate our every need. We had been in Madrid for world youth day and we were coming to the end of a very long and exhausting week. The entire hotel staff treated us like royalty. The rooms were amazing! The only problem I even had was with the fact that there were so many buttons. I kept turning on and off the wrong lights. But hey, if thats the only problem I can live with it.

I highly reccomend you check out this hotel. It will make you feel like a million bucks.

Room Tip: Book this hotel when with groups.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank runge_sean
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Stayed in a triple room. It was spacious and had free Wi Fi and breakfast included in our stay. Had to go down to lobby to obtain WiFi access code and went down again with hotel key so that I could use the safe deposit box in room. Room came with bathrobes and slippers. TV had 2 English only stations one of which was news. Metro stop, Cuatro Cominos on the #6 Circular (loops around downtown) was only 1 block away. Fast food is within a block. Local cuisine was about 3-5 blocks away.

Room Tip: Booked online for best deal
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at the Jardin Metropolitano and couldn't have been more pleased. Reception staff were all very professional and friendly and spoke good English - a special thanks to Tamara Sanchez who was most helpful and stored one of our cases for us while we took a 2 day break to Lisbon. The hotel was also in an excellent location a minutes walk to the Quatro Caminos Metro station which provided quick and easy access to the main Bus Station where we arrived from Valencia, the city (a couple of stops) and the airport (about 45 mins door to door) There was also a large supermarket within 100 metres and many shops and small cafes/restaurants in the vicinity
The room itself was extremely nice, being quiet, modern, fresh (like new really) with good aircon, fridge, FREE wifi, lovely large bathroom with double vanity, bidet ( not that we used it) and great shower. Piped music in the room and beautiful big mirror added to the overall ambience. There was also a private balcony off the room but it was very small unfortunately and not large enough to sit out on.
The hotel has a restaurant but we are unable to comment on it as it was closed at the time we were there.
All in all, a wonderful stay and we would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yotsmn
Reviewed 27 April 2011

My first two nights in Madrid were spent in a tiny, windowless room in an expensive hotel near the center of the city, but when I came back at the end of my trip, my son helped me find this hotel in his neighborhood. What a difference! For about half the price, I had a lovely spacious room with a spectacular view of the city skyline all the way to the mountains. The hotel has a gorgeous marble reception area and a lovely atrium with palm trees in the middle. Wifi was free, but the signal strenth on the 6th floor wasn't great. This is a predominantly immigrant neighborhood, so there weren't a lot of tourists staying at this hotel. Although it's not in a prime location, the hotel is right at the Quatro Caminos stop on the #1 Metro line, which takes you straight to Plaza del Sol and all the attractions in the city center. The Metro in Madrid is very easy to use and very well-policed, so if I go back I would have no hesitation about staying here again and using the Metro to get around. I should probably mention that although this hotel seemed brand new and sparkling, I got the feeling that it wasn't the very best construction, so in a few years it might not be holding up so well, but for now, it's great.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I am not a particularly light sleeper, but couldn't sleep until the person next door had finished a very, very long phone call. You can hear every movement of a drawer being pulled out, a shoe hitting the floor, the loo roll holder squeaking.
I checked in, went to my room for a shower & went down to reception at 19.50 or just before & asked where the restaurant was. "Closed" was the answer, at 20.00. I tried to point out the time, but reception & the man behind the bar just said "closed at 20.00." I guess they wanted you in & out by that time. A 4 star hotel? No, 3 at a push. The piece of soap in the bathroom is almost transparent it's so thin. When I return, I will definately try somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I chose this hotel because we needed to be close by a church that was in this area and there didn't seem to be many great options. Like one reviewer said, it didn't feel like a 4-star hotel, but it was clean and reasonably priced. Make sure if you don't smoke that you reserve a non-smoking room, because we were assigned to a smoking room and had to go back and get the room changed. The staff was helpful and friendly, which is good because I had so many questions and requests while I was there that I was glad that they weren't annoyed with me. The decor throughout the hotel looks a bit dated, but the bathrooms seem to be remodeled. The balcony windows, once shut, block out all of the traffic noise--they were incredibly well insulated. The same unfortunately cannot be said of the walls, because you can hear your neighbors quite well when they come stumbling in after dinner at 1 AM.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple