“Very nice”

Ranked #74 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Oslo
“Very nice”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Very nice hostal in the center of Madrid close to Metro and everything else. Excellent service, very clean, great value for money. Room was larger than expected after reading the reviews here on Tripadvisor. Only complaint we had was some construction noise every morning, but it wasn't really a problem and it didn't start until around 9 am. Definitely staying here next time we go to Madrid.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oyvindb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I have stayed at a few different budget hotels in Madrid , however none came close to the quality and great value of this one in particular. Located right in the centre of Madrid which makes all the majour tourist attractions accessible on foot, clean and very comfortable rooms with daily very efficient room service and above all very friendly receptionists and cleaning staff maked the stay just wonderful. Hope you enjoy your stay there. Que lo disfrutes :-)

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Ozjetsetter1
Brno
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed at this place last month and the experience surpassed my expectations. Everything well worth the price I paid. The quality of food, services and accommodation we get here is remarkable. I was on a business trip, so have not spent much time at this place, but I think the property has a lot to explore and is very beautiful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Grootschermer, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We picked this hostal because it was very close to the Opera where we were going to see the magnificent Edita Gruberova and because it was cheap and had mostly good reviews on TripAdvisor.

My friend and I both had single rooms that were very much alike except they gave me (the woman) a room that was very pink while my friend got a room which was mostly white - funny!
Apart from that the rooms were similar: very small with a small but comfortable bed, a table and a chair and a telephone which came in handy when we wanted to discuss our plans.
There is a small tv - we didn't try it.
There is WiFi - did try *that* and it was reasonably fast and free.

The bathroom has a toilet, a sink and a shower that worked well but if you're not a thin person it may be uncomfortable.
Me, at 5.4" and 130 pounds could just move around.
I wonder how a big person would be able to do that.

Because we had been warned by other reviewers that the noise from the street could be disturbing we asked for rooms overlooking the court.
The view wasn't much but there was no street noise.

When we were there the building was being renovated so there was a big blue veil covering the front except for the door - that looked a bit depressing.

Staff was nice and friendly and spoke enough English to understand our needs.

Overall: very basic room, great location, good price.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JDm452
Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here countless times as a frequent traveller to Madrid and never had a single problem. While I will admit the cliontel and location can be a little loud in the early hours and mid morning it's nothing a pair of cheap ear plugs can't solve - bring some if you are a light sleeper ! Personally i always request a 'quiet room' on my booking form and they put me on an inner court yard which is lovely and quiet. I have stayed over looking the Main Street and yes it's noisy but you are in a capital city. You can hear other guests coming in and out which is a common occurance in hotels and can be abit annoying but its nothing I've ever had a major problem with. Again incase it would bother you - earplugs !

The staff don't speak much English but are friendly and try to help. There is free wifi which is unlimited. A hot and cold drinks machine on the 2nd floor and secure access to the hostal with a key card.

The hostal is spotless all wooden floors and tiled walls in the bathroom. Housekeeping come everyday no matter what time you come in and out. The showers are great.

I've stayed in summer and the air con is adequate and also in winter where I am very warm.

For an ensuite room in the centre of Madrid I don't really see what there is to complain about, the main thing is the price , at around 40 euros a night it's fantastic and serves a purpose ! As long as its good value for money I will continue to stay !

Yes though it is a tad noisy though espeshially at the weekdn so perhaps not for very light sleepers of families at this time.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Hotchocandbics
Reviewed 7 January 2013

My daughter and I chose the Oriente at the last minute based on reviews here and were very pleased with the location, cleanliness, and safety of this hostel. It is a bit noisy through the walls but overall great for the price. We will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Eatgdfd
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I stayed for 4 Night, the location of the Hostal is in the best place to visit the Historical Madrid...in the Heart of City center, OK it's a Hostal not a Hotel, its basic but very clean, the clean room everyday, rooms are small but the price is very reasonable comparing to location, I really had a great night, and it's noisy outside, but if you close the windows and lock it, you wont hear anything...but if like to sleep with open windows, you will feel you are sleeping on the street...

i highly recommend it for budget traveler, it's what exactly you look for..and metro is just 2 step away, Internet is working fine and free...stuff only one guy knows English, the rest you can use your Signal Language but they are nice and helpful once they understand you.

if I come to Madrid again, I will definitly stay there again