“Doesnt exist anymore”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Doesnt exist anymore”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Just caught 2 metros and walked a substantial distance just to get to know that this museum no longer exists and it has been closed since september/october.

9 Thank AlessiaGr

Manchester
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Fantastic, a must for all F1 Fans!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This collection was the sole reason for our visit to Madrid, it's a long way from Manchester in a car but well worth the visit. The ticket prices were very reasonable and I was able to book online in advance. I am a huge Alonso fan, but I decided to visit when all my family could go, so we waited till the Easter holidays. I was a little concerned that my husband and daughters wouldn't enjoy it as much as me but thankfully they did. There were numerous exhibits to interest all the family. My daughters enjoyed the interactive track and the ps3 simulator. It was very amusing to see my 5 year old try and reach the pedals, but she did it and loved every minute. The collection is extensive and I particularly found interesting comparing the development of the cars throughout the years. I was surprised to see that even the steering wheels were in every car. There were workshops for the children as well, even though we didn't participate and displays regarding all aspects of F1, from tyres to the calendar. It is well put together for a private collection, every bit just as good as the F1 section at the Ferrari museum in Maranello. I really hope Fernando makes it a permanent exhibit and keeps adding to it. Definitely worth a visit before it ends.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank LJE79
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic Collection”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Great exhibition excellently laid out and very interesting. A must for any Formula 1 fan. A great tribute to a world class racer.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank F1will
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Cool but bizarrely overstaffed”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

We stopped in on a whim. If you're an Alonso fan, there's a lot here to like, all his karts, cars, medals, uniforms etc. Signs are clear and in English too. The audio guide is worth getting. Some interesting nuggets about Fernando's early days as well.

The only odd thing was the number of staff - there was easily 3 to 1 staff to visitors. The staff watch every possible corner and will actively trail you as you vanish around a corner. Slightly oppressive atmospbere as a result.

2 Thank shamrock_uk99
Derbyshire
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“Better thank expected!”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This exhibition was very good - when we finally found it. Note to promoters - please put the address on your advertising material as two taxi drivers did very well out of us as a result as they took us to the Canal Teatro. Euros30 later we finally located the Collection. It was amazing how much of Fernando's clothing, cars and trophies were on display going back to when he started out at only 4 years of age! Very good interactive screens to show photos of cars, friends, teams etc which added a very good dimension. Very good exhibition and clearly a popular driver among the Spanish and also his peers judging by the many tributes on the racing helmets displayed.

Visited January 2014