“Convenience, comfort and friendly welcome.”
other travellers have booked this property
Living area
A four seats dining table American kitchen fully equipped
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Living area
A four seats dining table
American kitchen fully equipped
A four seater double sofa bed
Flat Tv with home cinema
Corridor
Bedroom with a queen sized bed 1.50 x 2.00 mts
A twin bedroom wit two single beds
A comfortable bathroom with shower
Views
Mercado de San Miguel a few steps away
Mercado de San Miguel a few steps away
Plaza Mayor a few meters away
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Chriss182...
Melbourne, Australia
“Convenience, comfort and friendly welcome.”
Reviewed 28 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We very much enjoyed our stay at Calle Mayor. Gabriel was on time to welcome us and explain in detail aspects of the apartment and to suggest restaurants. He also promptly came to our aid when we locked our key inside the apartment. The apartment was clean and cosy and in a very good location to access attractions. Having a grocery and a bakery two minutes away is a plus.

29 Oct 2017
Christine was a fine guest, she left the apartment in very good condition and communicating with her was fairly easy, I would recommend her as a guest and would welcome her to stay at our properties anytime.
Christine...
“Great location!”
Reviewed 29 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

The location of the apartment can't be beat. Everything was within walking distance and/or metro (main stop was Sol, which all the lines run through, was less than a 10 minute walk away). Plaza Mayor and San Miguel markets were a block or two away, and several famous restaurants in the neighborhood as well. The apartment was as advertised. The only comment I would make, and it is very minor, is that it's run by a management company (35+ properties I was told) so you are missing that personal touch. An example is that I've stayed in apartments before on vacations and have always been provided enough supplies for my stay and never ran out. For this apartment, basic supplies like shampoo and toilet paper, though provided, were not adequately provided in terms of quantity I felt and when I inquired, was told I needed to purchase my own if it ran out. When the company asked if I wanted to reserve a ride to the airport for our return, I said yes. But in the end they fell through on this. Again, these are minor things, but you can tell the apartment is run by a company and is missing that personal touch. It seemed like once they had payment, service wasn't a top priority.

30 Apr 2017
I am very grateful for your review about your stay, as pointed out our charming Calle Mayor Apartment has a privileged location greatly enjoyed by all our guests.
Regarding your comments on your experience with me and the lack of personal touch, I am a bit surprised since I personally conduct the checkin of all my clients to give you a warm welcome to your new home, caring for every detail of the 30 properties I manage and taking the opportunity to make very tailor made recommendations and suggestions for you to enjoy the city, venues and restaurants within the vicinity of the apartment and all over to make the most out of your stay, you were no exception to this.
Also, I offered an exclusive private driver transfer service to the airport which you failed to choose but rather had me reserve you a taxi drive on your departure; by providing the best possible service I strive to give every client, I made the reservation for you as requested but the cab company failed to send the service on time; hence, I emailed you later to apologize for this. Lastly, regarding the comment on supplies during your stay, as you personally received on your arrival, all the amenities left as a courtesy to all guests include: shampoo, body gel, soap, shower cap, toilet paper, salt, vinegar, olive oil, sugar, tea, nespresso capsules, soap for the dishwasher and laundry machine, etc.; these are not meant to last for the whole stay but rather to ease your arrival. In my 8 plus years of experience managing properties all our clients are aware of what my service encompasses, this is solely to cater a property rental, which implies guests conduct as if he was living in its own house providing its supplies at its own expense for his stay. In said sense I pride to go the extra mile and offer a whole city experience with lots of personal touches, so although I am glad that you had a different experience elsewhere unfortunately I do not advertise that I do this, hence, your comments are noted and hope you come visit us again.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Calle Mayor Apartments”
Reviewed 29 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Lovely appartment, fantastic location opposite the square and market. One double and one twin room, plenty of wardrobe space, beautiful bathroom with big shower, modern kitchen with dishwasher, oven and microwave. Tourist information next door, plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. Had fantastic five days apart from four days of rain, but didn't stop us enjoying exploring a beautiful, interesting and welcoming city. Would definitely go back.

30 Nov 2016
Sheila and her party were fantastic guests and we would love to host them again, highly recommended as guests and we are thrilled that you had such a fantastic experience in our lovely Calle Mayor Apartment
Pucela08
Lawrence, Kansas
“Superlative apartment with all the amenities in the heart of Madrid”
Reviewed 12 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Located across from the Plaza Mayor, Madrid, the Calle Mayor apartment is one of the best I have rented because of its location and value. The apartment offers lots of space, an excellent location, and all the amenities you may want. The apartment has two comfortable bedrooms, a large kitchen-living area, spacious bathroom, and two large windows overlooking a small plaza. The apartment's furnishings are superb, very well-maintained, modern, and clean. In addition, the kitchen's equipment is excellent and includes oven/stove, dishwasher, full refrigerator with freezer, and other small appliances (iron, toaster, coffee makers, juicer). The bedrooms were equally comfortable with superb bedding, comfortable mattress, and lots of storage space for clothes, a big plus in my estimation. AC operated perfectly with no problems during my visit in August, and the TV was excellent. There is also WiFi, which worked flawlessly. The apartment has washer/dryer, an added amenity that made comfortable. The apartment's location is also a plus -- it is a short walk to the Puerta de Sol, the central hub for transportation in Madrid. The Plaza Mayor and Mercado de San Miguel area are across the street. And the neighborhood also has several supermarkets, excellent bread shops, and other foodshops within a short walk from the flat. While the area is very touristy, the apartment did not suffer from the effects of the tourism. It was quiet with almost no noise coming from the streets during the day and nighttime. And the surrounding streets are well lit and safe. One note: The apartment is on a second floor with no elevator; although when I visited, it was clear that they were installing one. The stairway might be a challenge for older folks or those with accessibility issues. I would definitely recommend this rental for the business traveller, and it seems perfect for a family, may with teenage children. The rental staff is superb and attentive. A great piso with superb amenities!

Liked best: The modern appliances
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
12 Sep 2016
Isidoro has been the perfect guest, polite, kind and careful, left the apartment in top conditions, would recommend him to any host anytime anywhere! He is welcomed to come back at any time he wishes.
We greatly appreciate all your positive remarks about the property, the amenities, the location and our services and definitely look forward to your next visit!
MikeHat63
Zurich, Switzerland
“What a Place!”
Reviewed 18 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Great Location, super modern and clean. Lots of space for two couples. So close to all the action, public transit and the price is right! Will book this place next time I am in Madrid. Gabriela and her team were excellent and very helpful.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and how modern and clean the apartment is.
Liked least: Too much shopping close by for my wife! No elevator, so would be difficult for seniors or people with disabilities.
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
20 Oct 2015
Dear Mike, we are so glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our Calle Mayor Apartment, our main purpose is to provide a beautiful holidays to our guests.

We hope to see you soon back in Madrid!
Justwayne...
Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely perfect!”
Reviewed 4 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

This apartment was perfect for a week in Madrid for a couple, but would also be great for 4 or 5 guests. It is clean, safe and extremely well located, next to Mercado San Miguel. Our host, Gabriel, was warm and kind and even sent us an email after we checked in, with a list of things to see and restaurants to try. We have stayed in several apartments over the last decade and will always remember this one. Everything was exactly as described in the ad and the apartment is very well equipped. Next time we're in Madrid, we will make sure we contact Gabriel again! Gracias!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Size of the apartment, amenities, equipment, location
Liked least: nothing!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
6 Jun 2015
Dear Christian, i'm glad to read your comments, this is our main purpose!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing