Catalonia Las Cortes
US$271
US$253
Only YOU Hotels
1,733 results
All reviewsplaza santa anafree snacksstayed at the cataloniagreat locationtapasuntil midnightsuperior roomexcellent hotelwalk in showerwalking distanceprado museummajor museumshighly recommend this hotelperfect staywalked everywheresmall hotellarge bathroom
Reviewed 10 June 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Catalonia Las Cortes from 7th- 10 june.
I work at a travelagency so I checked the hotel and the neihboorhood, no regrets! Hotel is excellent, thanks to Paula ( Direction ) we had a great suite! ( 402 )
When we arived fruit & water in the room, great service and very nice at the desk.
Nice shops and sightseeing tours are just around the corner, a cozy square with great restaurants etc.
Next time we hope to stay again in Catalonia Las Cortes only a little bit longer!
we'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I stayed here twice in May during a long visit to Spain: first by myself for one night and then again with my husband and son. Both visits were consistent and terrific.

On the first visit I was coming directly from a nasty hotel in Barcelona. I had booked a single through Booking.com and I got lucky with an upgraded room (402). It was so spacious, with a huge bathroom, comfortable seating, fresh new decor and furnishings, a pretty window balcony overlooking the street, and spotless! Compared to the dump I had just left, imagine my delight! I made a point of thanking the front desk for the upgrade and arranged for a similar room for "part two" of our trip with the family. It was also just perfect.

The location was great; just down from the very nice Plaza Santa Ana and an easy walk to Plaza Mayor, the museum triangle, etc. The neighborhood was clean and pretty. The service was flawless, from the front desk to the cocktail bar to the room service team to the security guard/doorman who helped me get early morning taxis (very easy, by the way). They also have a great map of Madrid--it's small and fits easily into a pocket instead of being one of those gargantuan maps with all the advertising around it. Really a nice touch for its convenience!

They have free wifi in the lobby areas (and maybe in the rooms) but you have to pay for internet access if you want to use the hotel's lobby computer. I saw lots of travellers using the iPads and laptops.

Considering the price point of this hotel, I think it's an awesome value. We will make it our home base when we come back to Madrid!

Room Tip: The rooms with the king beds are fantastic!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RBAinItaly
Reviewed 8 June 2011

All the rave reviews this hotel are richly deserved. Very centrally located. Ideal in every respect.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Not a great hotel...we booked a triple room and were given a very small room with two double beds pushed together and a single fold out bed. There was no room for the single fold out bed so they put it in front of the wardrobe doors meaning we couldnt use the wardrobe without hoisting the bed out of the way each time. Plus the base of the bed was marked, dirty and torn with foam hanging out. I wasnt happy that my 14 yr old had to sleep in it. As we'd arrived in the early hours of the morning and were tired, we didnt say anything that night but the next morning we complained and they moved us to a bigger room. Despite me asking for 3 'proper' beds as they were advertising it as a triple room and them telling me there were and there wasnt a fold out bed, there was a fold out bed. But at least it was cleaner and there was room for it. The only downside to this room (103) was that it was directly above the two sliding doors of the main entrance so until late at night and from early in the morning (about 6.30am) the noise of the doors was almost constant and woke us up. As for the breakfasts....stone cold every morning! Not even barely warm....so not great having stone cold eggs and bacon. I told the receptionist that they needed a new heating system for the food as the present one wasnt working. She discounted the breakfasts from the bill and gave us 10% discount on the room. This was fine but didnt make up for the uncomfortable stay - we wont be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Dont go to Rooms 102 - 104 as above the main door
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank tabby761
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We spent one night in the Catalonia Las Cortes - the room was fabulous! Huge, beautifully decorated room, with enough room for 2 adults and 2 kids, and a gorgeous bathroom. The hotel is right next to one of the best squares in Madrid - just a wonderful location. Its also close to the metro stations. The staff seemed very friendly, gave as good restaurant recommendations. Overall, a great experience!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family