“ok”

Ranked #105 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Seattle
“ok”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

this hotel is definately not 4 stars as it claims to be but it is fine.
The front desk is helpful. It is clean and in a good location. Problems are the non- confortable bed, small room and very slow internet! There is no alarm clock in the roon and we couldn't figure out how to use the phone, even just to call the front desk...

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
, Gerente at Petit Palace Plaza Espana, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Dear Client;
I would like to thank you to have chosen Petit Palace San Bernardo for your stay in the centre of Madrid. I´m really sorry if your stay wasn´t total satisfactory, this trendy and charming hotel is not the usual 4 stars , it´s a 4 stars little boutique in the midle of that fantastic city like a little island in the midle of the ocean.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenice with the alarm, I should inform you we have a wake up call service in reception maybe we weren´t able to inform you rightly that information.

About the bed I should inform you at the present time we are putting new beds in several rooms.

I would like to welcoming you in the future to show you the news changes we are making in the hotel.
Of course i would like to thank you for your comments in Tripadvisor , are very important for us to improve the quality of the hotel.
If you with to use onte of our hotels in Valencia-Málaga-Sevilla-Malaga-Barcelona-Bilbao or Getxo don´t hesitate in contact with me directly, my email adress is dtorber@hthoteles.com
Petit Palace San Bernardo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel on Nov 15 for 3 nights. The receptionist has given us the wrong type of room. I have booked a family room for my parents and I, because I wanted more space. However, when we checked in , the receptionist gave us a triple room (way smaller), when I complained to her, she insisted that we have made the mistake. After advising her we might just cancelled the reservation we got a call stating that we were correct.
The maid who cleaned our room is excellent, we got better service from her that the people from the reception.
Hotel location is excellent. Room is clean and modern. However, dont expect a big hotel. This is a boutique hotel.
Would not go back next time.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
, Gerente at Petit Palace Plaza Espana, responded to this review, 24 November 2011
Dear Sir;
I would like to thank you to have chosen Petit Palace San Bernardo for your stay in Madrid and to have take your time to inform us about your stay here, your comments are important for us, we can check our mistakes and take the right way to improve our service.
I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding with the kind of room we assigned you.
If you have further suggestions don´t hesitate in contact with me in dtorber@hthoteles.com

We are looking forward to welcoming you in the future.

Kent
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We spent 3 nights at the petit palace San bernardo and the location was great. The party comprised of me, my husband and our 11month old baby and they were very welcoming. However this hotel is most definitely a corporate not holiday hotel. They provided a cot but no room has a bath so we had to "bath" the baby on the floor of the shower. There were no highchairs, although this is fairly representative of our visits to the continent but they were happy to deal with bottles, heating meals etc. The beds were fairly uncomfortable. A king size was 2 singles push together and they weren't zip and link so we either slept on our own bed or risked disappearing down the gap! Great breakfast for adults, limited cereal for children. If I was on business it would be great.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Dear Mr Poulton;

It´s a pleasure to receive your feed back about your stay in Petit Palace San Bernardo, your comments are very important for us, i have taken note about your suggestion with the highchairs and the bath for baby, I apologize if is late but for your next visit we are sure we will give you a better service :)

I hope to welcoming you in the future, for more suggestions feel free to contact me dtorber@hthoteles.com
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I stayed a weekend in this hotel that I strongly recommend!
It´s very cosy, elegant , the rooms are not very big, but are good enough for a hotel that is located just a few metres from the Gran Via. The breakfast is also very good and the staff very helpful and friendly! I´ll will stay there again next time I went to Madrid!!

Room Tip: All the rooms have a laptop with free internet!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vania1978
Sanbernardo_11, Manager at Petit Palace Plaza Espana, responded to this review, 27 October 2011
Dear Vania;
I´m glad to hear that your stay in Petit Palace San Bernardo was good.
We are looking forward to welcoming you in the future.
Remember we have other hotels in Madrid-Barcelona-Sevilla-Málaga-Bilbao-Salamanca-Getxo-Valencia that you can check in our web.
If you need make a reservation don´t hesitate in contact with us. Our email adress is ber@hthoteles.com
Petit Palace San Bernardo
Wembley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2011

The hotel has an absolutely great location right in the centre and only few seconds walk from the station. The staff at the reception were ok but not keen, we had a smoking room, even if never asked for it so we could always smell the cigarette smoke coming thru the ventilation from the neighbouring rooms (hate that!). Room was small but that was a not a problem at all. I think the walls would need repainting bcoz they looked a bit dirty. We always stay in 4star hotels with my husband but I think this was the worst 4star hotel so far. Breakfast was very nice though, good choice of different stuff. I usually leave the hotel early morning to do the sightseeing and come back late night so the room is fine just to sleep in it. I can imagine myself staying there again because of the location and the price. There were nicer hotels around but more expensive so I guess this hotel is not a bad value overall. Oh, and the laptop is rubbish :-) But wifi worked fine on my own devices

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Herpi;
Thanks for all I would like to thank you to have chosen Petit Palace San Bernardo for your stay in Madrid . I would like to apologize your stay wasn´t 100% satisfactory, your comments are very important for us to improve our services and we are working in the items you inform me.
For next stay in our company Petit Palace/ High Tech Hotels don´t hesitate in contact with us in our email adress ber@hthoteles.com

Manager Petit Palace San Bernardo
London UK
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Nice modern hotel located in the city center within walking distance to the main shopping areas of Madrid. Hotel seems to have been maintained well with room features working well with a nice small but functional washroom. The hotel has limited in house food option apart from a basic break fast and room service but is surrounded by restaurants of every kind and cuisine imaginable for take away as well as dine in. Very close to the castle and also the touristy areas such as the museums and Plaza de espana, Plaza Mayor etc.
2 min walk from large department stores and lots of street shopping and also 1 min from the subway station. Free Wifi to all guests which is a boon for a business traveler.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
north vancouver
Reviewed 19 July 2011

The Petit Palace San Bernardo was located near the Santo Domingo metro stop in the heart of Madrid. It is close to the Puerto del Sol (10 minute walk) and the Gran Via (a 2 minute walk) and several restaurants. It is very easy to get to by subway and our taxi driver from the airport also found it easy to locate.

This is s very modern hotel, with free wifi and a complimentary computer in each room for your use. The bathrooms were lovely - very modern - the only trick is to make sure that the numerous jets on the shower are pointed toward the wall inside the shower and not the open-style shower door to avoid getting water on the floor.

Our room on the first floor had a large bed (2 twins pushed together) and bunk beds. The top bunk has no railing but we found it easy to pull the mattress down onto the floor for our 10-year old to eliminate any fear of her falling off. Beds are firm as are the pillows.

We found it easy to get to the Puerta del Sol, the Plaza Mayor and the Palacio Real from this hotel. All are within very easy walking distance. The Palacio Real was excellent. Our 13-year old particularly enjoyed the armoury and its extensive collection of armour (for people and horses) and weapons. The palace itself was lovely with good descriptions in English for each of the rooms you could tour. Unfortunately you are not allowed to take photographs in the palace. We would happily return to this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family