“Nice hotel in a very convenient position for museum tours” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Paseo del Arte

Hotel Paseo del Arte
Ranked #120 of 444 Hotels in Madrid
Bologna
“Nice hotel in a very convenient position for museum tours”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is a nice and clean hotel, located within walking distance to the three main museums of Madrid and the Park of Buen Retiro, where you can run and walk. I would have given a higher vote since the overall quality of the hotel was good, however I have encountered a couple of problems during my stay. 1. the pc in the hall was out of order and I had to provide myself to flight reservation, since the concierge staff could not help me in any way. 2. the mattress of my bed was not at the same standard of the other furnitures. 3 I could not have a king size bed but only 2 single beds. 4. my expedia reservation was not registered at my arrival. Luckily enough there were rooms available that day. Breakfast was good although not exceptional for the price charged (17 euros). Rooms facing the courtyard are very quite

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was a great little find. There was an easy express bus that took us from the airport to Atocha station and then it’s about a 5 minute walk to the hotel (also convenient for catching our train the next day). It’s within a 10 – 15 minute walk of the Prado, the Reina Sofia Museum and Plaza Mayor – great location. Checking in took a while because of the large group in front of us, but the front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. We had a quiet room that looked out onto a lovely interior courtyard. The room was sleek and modern and very well maintained – quite comfortable. The single live red carnation in the bathroom was a nice touch. The shower had only half a door so it was tough to keep the bathroom dry when showering (I’ve never understood those crazy half doors they have in Europe!) and we would have appreciated an extra towel or two. We didn’t take the breakfast – too pricey – and there were many other less expensive options nearby. All in all we were very pleased and would definitely return next time we’re in Madrid.

1 Thank ItchyFeetBTS
Georgetown, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

One of the best hotels we have stayed in in Europe. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was "almost American" and bountiful.

Staff was exceptionally helpful and professional. We always take restaurant recommendations with a grain of salt as few of these are inexpensive in our experience.

2 blocks from Red Bus Stop, Walking distance to the Botanical Garden. We found the site, staff and facilities very accommodating and comfortable.

HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION FOR THIS HOTEL!!!

Room Tip: Check phone system to front desk. Most of effort resulted in a long Spanish speech that I could not...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JohnM602
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed 4 nights at this hotel. It's a very good value for the money. Location is perfect for visiting museums. Old Madrid is easily reachable by subway.
Hotel is very clean, staff are very helpful.
The only issue is that there's a night club right next to the hotel and if your room is on that side it'll be very noisy all night and in the early morning.

Room Tip: To and from airport, best option: take the express that goes directly to the Atocha train station (5...
3 Thank X M
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed here 2 nights at the start of a 17 day trip through Spain & Morocco. Location is great; it's an easy walk to Atocha train station, a beautiful park, and the Reina Sofia museum. Good bars and restaurants are close. Room was very comfortable and clean and relatively quiet given that it was on the street side; this may be because it was on an upper floor. Staff were pleasant, helpful and their English skills were great. Did not eat in restaurant, but found a nice, small bakery up the block with good pastry and coffee. Would stay again if in Madrid.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor; less street noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

This hotel was very good. The staff was amazing and we were even upgraded to a better room. The room was very large and very clean. This location is great. You are close to the Atocha train station (about 200 meters away) and close to a metro stop. There are many shops around and you are very close to Puerta Del Sol, which is within walking distance.

However, I had two poor experiences. The first was the service at the hotel bar. We were invited to watch the Real Madrid game and we went down to watch it. The service was very poor and multiple parties waited to order, and eventually left because they were never able to get the attention of the waitress. We would have never gone to the hotel bar, but it was pouring outside and we had to fly out of Madrid the next day. I would suggest to avoid the bar.

The second poor experience, was probably based more on bad luck. We were upgraded to a better room and it was a great room (like previously stated). However, this hotel is also located next to Kapital, which is a huge nightclub and we also were in Madrid on a Saturday night. Unfortunately, we were able to hear the screaming and shouting all night until 730 AM. I am a light sleeper and wasn't able to get sleep. (I understood that it was a Saturday, and was just frustrated I didn't sleep. I wasn't mad at the hotel or the people partying. We just had an early flight to catch). However, this really didn't hinder our stay as I would come back and stay at this hotel again. I probably would just ask for a room away from Kapital.

So overall, I would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I would just say to ask for a room as far away as possible from Kapital. (Especially if you're t...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JShelby4
Reading, Berkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed here on a long weekend at the end of March 2014 with a group of friends whilst in town to watch a Real Madrid game. It was comfortable, clean and spacious, with a particularly comfortable bed - I wanted to take it home! The front desk staff are all very helpful and the bar area is very pleasant. Can't comment on the breakfast as we didn't eat there.

We upgraded to a suite which was very spacious but situated on the side aspect of the hotel. It was adjacent to the local nightclub which was noisy on the Saturday night, but I need to qualify that by saying I returned home at 5am having indulged in the city's nightlife myself! (Barracuda BAr, rock band karaoke, one of the best nights out of my life). I'm not complaining about the noise, but I suspect I would have been if I wanted an early night ON A SATURDAY. The club was closed on the Sunday, so it was a nice quiet room, even if overlooking the main street (Calle de Atocha). I suspect if you ask for a room away from the club on a Friday/Saturday you won't have any problems.

I always end my views by saying would I recommend to a friend and/or return myself. It's a big Yes in both cases, in fact I'm thinking of going back again with my wife later this year,

Room Tip: Avoid right hand side rooms (when viewed from street) adjacent to nightclub on Fridays/Saturdays
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends