“Great value for the location”

Hotel Paseo del Arte
Ranked #133 of 441 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I stayed here on a business trip in August and paid 70 euros for the room and another 3.60 for internet. The rooms were nice, not luxiourious but nice. The only issue was the bed which was like sleeping on a cardboard box which I find quite common in Spanish hotels. The breakfast was 17 euros so I skipped that. It felt overpriced as I would imagine it would have been a standard Spanish breakfast. The location is fantastic though. It takes you 15 minutes to walk to Plaza Mayor and is also centrally located just beside the Atocha railway station.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,025)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I were blessed with a trip to Spain for our honeymoon! We stayed here the first night and the last 3 nights of our 10 days in Spain. The hotel is perfectly located to get to the train station and to catch the tour bus around the corner! There are multiple museums and restaurants near by. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet as it had lots of options for us to choose from. The bathrooms were beautiful, however our hair dryer was broken in our second room. The first night here there was construction on the roof above us and was super loud & went on for hours. It would have been best if the staff warned us. We had just traveled over 15 hours to get there & needed to rest.

I would NOT recommend this hotel for honeymooners or couples planning on sleeping next to each other. It must be a European thing but the "bed" was actually two twin beds that did not lock in place! There were multiple times they moved in the middle of the night. Forget snuggling! I asked the lady at the front desk if they had any rooms with one big bed and she said we would have to pay extra and was rude about it. I explained to her it was our honeymoon and that I thought that it was inconsiderate to not have the option of one bed for the size room we had.

The employees at the front desk were less than helpful on many occasions and did not speak English as well as hoped. They were very cold and uninviting. If I was coming to this hotel based on the employees I would pass. They charge for internet in some rooms and won't give you the password unless you ask. We did not venture down to the gym due to the poor reviews. We wished the hotel offered a pool or spa.

Long story short...if we go back to Spain again, this hotel will not be our first choice!

Room Tip: Get a room with a terrace!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amber W
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Comfortable and well-located hotel. Service was functional and business-like, but for the price, can't really complain. Ideal for a quick weekend city break if all you are looking for is a base from which to explore Madrid. Walking distance to the Prado, Retiro, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, and so on.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Very well situated to reach all the sights by foot and metro. Clean modern rooms with comfy beds!
Breakfast was very good plenty of choice, tasty and fresh! Had a good laugh when I noticed the bottle of brandy connected to one of the coffee machines so you could add a little spanish to your coffee!!!
Saw a few people had commented on the staffs lack of english, I can't say I had this problem I found as soon as I tried I little to communicate in spanish they were extremely helpful and tried to help in english!
As for having to pay for the internet I can't say I found this a problem as the price of the room was so reasonable!
Would stay again!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CorinnaS_13
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel was a great surprise, its location (a few blocks from Atocha and a block from Reina Sofia Museum) is excellent and helps a lot with the transfers if you are coming or going from to/from Madrid.

The rooms were impecable (we rented 2) and service was above par. The front office staff was very helpful and kind.

I would go back to it any time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Juan Manuel C
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Booked a family room, which actually consists of two very spacious connecting rooms (simply perfect for a family), clean, with flat screen in each room, coffee set and a bottle of water welcoming us. The beds were incredibly comfortable. People very friendly at the reception desk, in the lobby and in the breakfast room. Breakfast buffet was generous, with lots of fresh and delicious products. We also appreciated the location. The only think missing was some body milk in the bathroom and someone to help us carry our luggages. No big deal, certainly if you consider the very reasonable price paid for the room. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will certainly chose this hotel if we go back to Madrid.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Hotel Paseo del Arte is conveniently located just a few blocks from the Prado Museum, Attocha train station, Retirio Park and dozens of great restaurants and attractions. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, even allowing us to check in at 10:00 am after our overnight flight.

Our 7th floor terrace room was clean and modern, our enormous private outdoor terrace was equipped with a table & chairs (perfect for snacks and a bottle of wine while overlooking the city) and chaise lounges for soaking up the sun. The room was quiet, comfortable and well-equipped.

Previous reviews note an issue with noise from a nearby nightclub, but the club has since closed and we found the surrounding streets to be extremely safe and quiet.

We did not have a chance to dine at the hotel, simply because there are so many amazing local places within walking distance.

Room Tip: Book a terrace room and enjoy the amazing weather and views Madrid has to offer.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family