Stayed at the Mario 4 nights during June 2014, main reason to have chosen the Mario was it's location and previous pleasant experience at other Room Mate hotels -
location is indeed superb, near by the Opera Metro station (main station whereas 3 lines connect you to any Madrid area), and most of the main sites with-in walking distance (Palacio Royal, Placa Major, sol, Placa Espana, Gran Via etc) including late night bars & restuarants as well (-:
But.. there were few problems that significantly damaged our stay, unfortunately major issues :
1. we have ordered 'standard' room with twin bed and received 'long stay offer' that was fair - upon arrival, we have immidiatly been suggested to 'upgrade' the room for 'spacious' one, and as we do not spend much time in the room (nights only actually) we said 'no thanks'.... upon checking into the room, we noticed that the bed is made of 2 joined single mattresses (it was felt) and asked for twin one replacement - the front desk told us 'it can not be done on this room !! and suggested again to 'upgrade' the room for extra 30 Euro per night, which seemed outrageous as twin bed should be a twin bed !!....
2. The shower head was a real disaster - the worse we have ever met in any hotel worldwide! - the water flow was a single water burst coming out extreem like the water flow of a garden pipe (centralized), not to mention the fact it could hardly be temperature controlled...we have asked few times to replace it, and told 'it is the same all over Spain'..... 'Bull.... of course - nothing was done !!! (The Bull by the way, is indeed the same all over Spain (-: )
3. How large is 'LCD large-screen TV' ?? well... note the attached photo for a nice joke....
The only reason I have ranked that stay Avarage rather than Terrible is the hotel location that indeed exccelent, and my prior acquintance with the room mate chain that was indeed nice -
I know they pay much care to their hotels decoration & service, so I wish to beleive it was coincidental failure....
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Room Mate Mario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Mario Madrid
- Room Mate Mario Hotel Madrid