Hostal La Vera
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Catalonia Plaza Mayor(Madrid)
  • Pool
Hotel Persal(Madrid)
  • Bar/Lounge
Catalonia Puerta del Sol(Madrid)
Plaza D'ort(Madrid)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2010

I just stayed four nights in Hostal la Vera. I had booked a single room via booking.com but the owner (who was really friendly) told me they didn't have single rooms so I stayed in a double room, room 1.
That room is pretty big and has a small balcony, a very very small bathroom (probably only 2 m²) but it was very clean. If you want to go to the toilet you can't close the door and have to keep it open.

For breakfast you can go to a little cafe nearby but It's better that you just go eat somewhere else, or go to a supermercado and buy your breakfast there.

Central location, near the metro station Antón Martín.

I had to leave early in the morning (at 4 am) so the owner booked a taxi for me.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2009

We had a nice and cheap stay in the centre of Madrid.. Distance walking to most important places in the city.. Nice staff and clean room. Great value for money

Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2008

The hotel is pretty central and very close to the metro station (2 stops from Atocha train station). The owner is nice and helpful. The room itself was extremely small (believe me, that was not my first hostal in Madrid so I know what I'm talking about). The bathroom was also small but very modern and clean. The worst thing was that there was no heating and on a March night it was simply freezing. We arrived late in the evening and departed early next morning, so, given the price and the location, it was perfect for a bed to sleep in for one night.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2008

I booked this hotel and stayed 3 nights with a friend of mine, the hotel is located in a not so good neighborhood, there are a lot of strange people walking around and the streets are kinda dirty (someone told me that the hotel was in the limits of a bad neighborhood) Besides that, almost every highlight was within walking distance so we didn't have to use the underground that much. The hotel is in an apartment building that looked very old and dirty as well, but as you enter into the hotel everything is neat; our twin room was good but extremely simple (not that you can ask much with those fares) but it was clean, warm, comfy and of average size for two people. The TV only has Spanish channels, I speak Spanish but for people who don't you don't have another choice. The breakfast is extremely expensive for the value of the food, and you had to go to a bar around the corner to eat it.. so if you can, try to ask a breakfast-free rate. The staff was friendly and helpful but a little bit shady. All I can conclude is that you get what you paid, a simple hotel that gives you a clean and warm bed to sleep.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 15 July 2007

The location of this hotel is great. Every Madrid highlight is within walking distance!

When we arrived (for a stay of 3 nights) we were put up in small room with a very small double bed (almost without a window).
After one night and eloborate Spanish negociations, we could change rooms. This second room was much better!! We now had a normal bed, a large window and comfortable bathroom. Pretty strange if you bear in mind that the rate is the same!

Our first room was number 8, and the better rooms are (to our knowledge) number 5 and 11.

The rate includes breakfast, but it's better not to consider the croissant and coffee at the bar around the corner as such.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple