“Wonderful oasis in Madrid”

Hotel Hospes Puerta de Alcala
Ranked #26 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful oasis in Madrid”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I would highly recommend this Hotel for people wanting something special. The staff, in particular the concierge Ilian, were amazing. We had trouble finding a restaurant Ilian had recommended so he walked us there!! We had room 404 which is a two story room - perfect for those people travelling with children as you have a completely separate space plus a view of the Piazza. Also perfect for people who want to entertain people in their room as you can hide the suitcases and mess upstairs. The hotel is also located in a great part of Madrid - close to Salamanca which is a lovely shopping and dining area (much nicer and quiter than Gran Via which should be avoided at all costs) and the Park Retiro (which has the lake you can row on and a great kids playground) and a short walk to the Prado.

Room Tip: Room 404 - we were told it was the best room in the hotel by the staff. It is a two story room with...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Miguel Angel M, Gerente at Hotel Hospes Puerta de Alcala, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you a lot for sharing your opinion about our Hotel Hospes Madrid.
I am very pleased to learn that our services and staff made you have a “great experience”.
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Cordially,

Miguel A. Molina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This has to be not only one of the best hotels in Madrid but one of the best city hotels in the world. The Hospes is super chic: with the most enormous rooms, the biggest beds in the world EVER, bathrooms you can have a football match in and right in the centre of Madrid. This really is one of our favourite hotels that we've ever stayed at and would recommend it again and again to anyone staying in Madrid. Also fantastic value. Lovely.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you a lot for sharing a positive comment with us and for having chcosen the Hotel Hospes Madrid.
I am pleased to read that everything everything has been perfect during your last stay in our hotel. I will personally thank the staff for the good attention they gave you.
Thank you again and I hope that you will finally try the breakfast during your next stay in our hotel.

London
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently took my wife to Madrid for her 30th birthday. I researched Hospes in good detail so I knew we were in for a treat but I didn't realise how big a treat it would be until we arrived.
The hotel is ideally located for transport links, shopping and countless restaurants but the striking thing about Hospes is the staff. Nothing was too much for them, particularly Llian who constantly went out of his way to help us during our stay.
I couldn't rate the hotel any higher and would love to return one day!!

• Stayed July 2014
Miguel Angel M, Gerente at Hotel Hospes Puerta de Alcala, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for having chosen Hospes Madrid and for sharing such flatering review with us!
We are very pleased to read that you found our Hotel, its location and our team striking!
I will personally congratulate the team and specially Ilian for the great job he did with you.
Thank you again for the magnificent comment and for your loyalty.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon in our Hotel.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I totally recommend this Hotel! The people spoke really good english and were very friendly. Llian, the bellman, deliver exemplary service and was very helpful trying to make our stay as comfortable as possible. This hotel is in the perfect location of Madrid!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
First of all thank you very much for having chosen Hosps Madrid and for taking some of your valuable time to share a comment on TripAdvisor.
We are very glad to know that our hotel and staff pleased you so much. I will personally congratulate the team and especially Ilian for the good attention they gave you.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon for you nxt stay in madrid.
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed two nights over a weekend. Lovely room on the back of the hotel, spacious with a pleasant outlook - nice and quiet at night. Breakfast was great - with a good choice of 'European' and typical Spanish food. We sat out in the Terrace bar and enjoyed the shade of the trees for breakfast and then again later in the evening with a Gin and Tonic from the wide selection.

Location was great, either for walking or the City Tour bus stopped outside on either of its two routes.

The staff couldn't do enough for you in a polite cheerful manner.

Excellent. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you a lot for having chosen Hotel Hospes Madrid and for sharing your experience with us.
We are really pleased to read that everything went perfectly during your stay and that you would stay again.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Madrid.
Director
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed the room, spacious and stylish...lovely touches. Staff were friendly and professional. We enjoyed our lunch sitting outside, food and service was super. Would happily return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Miguel Angel M, Gerente at Hotel Hospes Puerta de Alcala, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you a lot for having chosen Hospes Madrid and for sharing such a great review!
I am really happy to read that our rooms, staff and terrace pleased you so much. I will personally congratulate the team for the good attention they gave you.
I thank you once again for your comment and also for recommending our hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon for your next stay in Madrid.
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Hospes Hotel with my husband.Excellent location and easy walking distances to most attractions,great place to sit and watch the world go by.Rooms well appointed and breakfast very good quality.
The hotel staff however are what made me give this a five star rating, they were very welcoming and friendly.A brief conversation in passing with a staff member in the lift resulted in a recommended a little hidden alleyway full of delightful restaurants to eat in at night that we would never have found by ourselves.
We asked to move rooms due to an oversight on our behalf when booking as I needed a bath due to mobility problems and the room we were given had a shower. The staff saw to this as soon as possible and returned from our day out to find all our luggage moved and our room upgraded at no extra cost.
I have no hesitations on recommending this hotel and only wish our stay could have been longer.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Miguel Angel M, Gerente at Hotel Hospes Puerta de Alcala, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen Hotel Hospes Madrid and for sharing such a review !
We are really pleased to read that you loved our hotel and our team. I will personally congratulate them for having made you feel comfortable.
Thank you again for this review and for recommending our hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon in Hospes Madrid.

Director