“Great hotel in the best place...”

ME Madrid Reina Victoria
Ranked #62 of 444 Hotels in Madrid
GreenLeadersSilver level
Aviles, Spain
“Great hotel in the best place...”
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Great hotel in the middle of Madrid at St. Ann Place, one of the best bars with tapas and terraces. The hotel has that unique fasion style that makes an old building new reformed with young and great service. All workers are always smiling and the only complain after more than 10 nights there, is the booking program (some times it just does not work).

The breakfast is great (this is the tenth hotel for me in Madrid) and the room is very very nice (it has shampoo, lotion, body, mouth wash...). It also has at least 4-5 magazines at the room and all the papers ar available at the front desk.

Ah! another stupid thing is the remote control, it makes you go through all the paid channels (?) and you need to be an engineer to go through...

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
MEMadrid, Manager at ME Madrid Reina Victoria, responded to this review, 27 April 2011
Dear Guest,

At ME Madrid it is our aim to exceed the expectations of our guests. It is most inspiring for all members of our team, to know that we succeeded in our effort.

On the other hand it is a pleasure to inform you that we are changing the control remotes in the rooms and hope this will be more userfriend!

We hope to welcome you soon back to your home in Madrid.

Yours sincerely,

Aura Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hertfordshire UK
Reviewed 4 April 2011

This hotel looks stunning outside and the location is great. Our room was small but nicely decorated, there is lots of storage space. I found the reception staff very poor and could not be bothered with us especially the lady that checked us out, she was more interested in what was going on with the next desk - she was very rude.
On Saturday night we could not sleep as the music from the Penthouse bar was so loud and we were on the 1st floor!
Breakfast was not worth getting up for, limited choice and service.
Overall a very average stay - this hotel could be amazing but they need to work on their customer service and staff attitude and they say " Everything Is Possible" i don't think so.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken a few moments of your valuable time to express your satisfaction about the services of our Hotel during your recent stay with us. We highly value your opinion for process of continuous improvement and as a base for making our guests stay more enjoyable every time.

At the ME Madrid Hotel our aim is to exceed the expectations of our guests, and we deeply regret when we do not fully achieve this. Please accept my most sincere apologies for all the inconveniences caused during your stay. You can be assured that I am following up on each of your comment you considered lower.

It would be a great pleasure if you give us again the oportunity to demostrate you our outstanding service. In this case please contact me directly in order to arrange all the details.

I really hope to welcome you soon back to ME Madrid and rest at your entire disposal for anything you may require.

All the best and sincerely,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I stayed here for four days and must say it was an amazing hotel! I took the Metro from the airport, which I don’t really recommend if you have a lot of luggage. You have to connect at a couple of different stations and drag your bags up and down several flights of stairs. When I arrived at the final stop, Sol, it was a little overwhelming and I wasn’t sure which way to go. So I took a taxi from the station to the hotel. The Metro only costs 2€ and the taxi from the Sol station was 3€. When I finally arrived at the hotel, the porter was prompt at retrieving my bags. Check-in was easy and the front desk staff is extremely knowledgeable and accommodating. The room was a decent size, but I only had a view of the rest of the building. The bed was very comfortable and the turndown service very prompt. The ‘sexy lighting’ added a little special touch to the room. The hotel is in an excellent location within walking distance to Plaza Mayor, Museo del Prado, Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, and Parque del Retiro. There are tons of restaurants and places to shop around the hotel. I did not eat at the hotel so I can’t comment on the food. Overall, the service was great and I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially if you’re a female travelling alone. I decided to take a taxi back to the airport when I left and that was 26€.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
MEMadrid, Manager at ME Madrid Reina Victoria, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your very positive comments on Tripadvisor.

Thanking you again for your time and your comments, we look forward to welcome you soon back to your home in Madrid.

My best wishes,

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 22 March 2011

My fiancee booked this hotel as a surprise for my birthday and before we even arrived Jose Arenas, one of the managers had been excellent in his communications with her. He arranged for an early check-in and late check-out, as well as a slice of cake on arrival to our room. He met us at reception and personally brought us to our room which was a lovely touch. Overall the level of service and warmth in this hotel was remarkable. The location was great a lovely bustling plaza, and a short stroll to Plaza Mayor and a number of Madrid's tourist attractions. The hotel's cleaning staff are excellent and the turndown service each evening without request is a lovely touch. We were staying in one of the Level rooms and the room was perfect with amazing views. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would like to thank Jose for making our trip so memorable. I look forward to staying in the Hotel ME Madrid again shortly.

Dear Mr. & Mrs. DonHack,

It was a pleasure meeting you at ME Madrid. Thank you very much for your beautifull comments and it is nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I really hope to welcome you soon back to your home and rest at your entire disposal for anything you may require.

I wish you all the best and hope to hear soon from you.

London
Reviewed 15 March 2011

We had a great time at this hotel in short:

Good
1. Lovely room, well decorated and perfectly adequate size for a city break.
2. Exceptional front desk and concierge. They could not do enough for us and were charming.
3. Brilliant location for seeing the cultural sights
4. Overall a good looking hotel

Could Improve:
1. The service in the bar was poor and the staff were not as attentive and charming as the front desk

For a few days away, this would be a great choice.

Dear Ms. Rachel9,

Thank you for your excellent comments! It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your experience at ME Madrid. Please apologize for the inconvenience at the bar and I can assure you that I am following up on this issue in order to enhance the quality of our services.

I hope to welcome you soon back to your home in Madrid and rest at your entire disposal for anything you may require.

Warm regards,

Longniddry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I cannot understand some people's reviews on this website. One person says this hotel is poorly located (rundown area apparently), another says it is a great location. Which is right? Seeing as you can walk to all three of the best art galleries, I'd say the location was pretty good. It's not a rundown area at all. Some of the streets around are a bit tatty, but it's no slum district or red light area. This is central Madrid after all. I know far worse locales in London for example.

What is without doubt is that if you are looking for a nice, peaceful hotel, this isn't for you. But then I don't think they deliberately disguise the fact. They provide earplugs on your bed after all! Again, the centre of Madrid is not the place for a peaceful break anyway. Madrilenos like to enjoy themselves late, especially at weekends.

The hotel is central, clean, has pleasant staff who try hard in English and the rooms are modern standard. Plaza Sta Anna has a buzz about it and there are tons of restaurants nearby of all shapes and sizes. We only had breakfast at the hotel, which was fine, so cannot comment on the in house restaurant. The room service menu includes preparation of picnics if you just want to stroll in the parks and gardens. Vegetarian ones too.

1 Thank broonbiker2016
Dear Mr. Broonbiker,

Thank you for sharing your ME experience in Tripadvisor. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us during your visit to Madrid!

ME Madrid team look forward to welcoming you back in a very near future!

Warm regards,

sydney
Reviewed 5 March 2011

We consider the ME Madrid to be a poor choice for the city, and wish we had stayed elsewhere. The hotel is very average in a poor area, while there are much better options out there, for the same money. It is really a business style hotel, with busy front of house and not a welcoming vibe at all. Check in was abraisive and unhelpful. When you pay this much for a room you don't expect to carry all your own gear and have to ask where the lift is.

The rooms are ok, we stayed in a superior with view of the square. It was large and clean, with good sized bathroom. The often mentioned hi tech stuff is actually a bit old hat now... a very large sound system and dvd setup that is impossible to navigate, and a bizarre lighting system that is at first very amusing (there is a purple/pink sexy setting) but gets old fast, and has a few bugs in it... waking up in the middle of the night as the lights came on was irritating.

The restaurant was strange... poor service to get a table at lunch as we were told to wait 10 minutes as they were very busy... only to go through to a near empty room. Quality is good but comes at a hefty price for the city. Prices for room service and breakfast in particular are outrageous... 60 euros for two people for breakfast!

Hotel does have a nice small gym with running and eliptical gear which was welcomed.

Overall we were disappointed with the ME and also with the location - a mixture of run down and slightly bad vibe, and the square itself is very touristy. If we returned to Madrid we would definitely stay in the Salamanca area instead.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sydneyslicer
MEMadrid, Manager at ME Madrid Reina Victoria, responded to this review, 2 April 2011
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking time to comment on our Hotel and the services rendered. We highly value your opinion for process of continuous improvement and as a base for making our guests stay more enjoyable every time.

At ME Madrid our aim is to exceed the expectations of our guests, and we deeply regret when we do not fully achieve this. We are very sorry to know that some aspects regarding the restaurant and Lighting system in the room were not to your total satisfaction. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused. You can be assured that I am personally following up on these issues, in order to enhance the quality of our rooms and services.

I hope that you will reconsider to stay at our Hotel and rest at your entire disposal for anything you may require,

Yours sincerely,