“AMAZING VIBE & EXCELLENT SERVICE”

ME Madrid Reina Victoria
Ranked #59 of 445 Hotels in Madrid
GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami Beach, Florida
“AMAZING VIBE & EXCELLENT SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

I completely enjoyed my stay at the ME Madrid. For starters, the location. It is in the heart of Plaza Santa de Ana- tons of local restaurants, tapa bars, shops, & culture. When my colleague and I arrived, we KNEW we were in a great area.

The service, from arrival to departure, was so pleasant & warm. The staff really warmed the hotel. The hotel itself is a hybrid of old world design but with modern updates- yet it still retains it's classic soul.

I walked into my room and there was top 40 music playing- which set a nice tone since I LOVE music. The ambient lighting was also very memorable. You can really 'set the mood' in these rooms (if you know what I mean). I also had a beautiful view of the plaza.

I would highly recommend anyone going to Madrid to stay @ the ME. I would certainly go again.

-Chavonne

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
MEMadrid, Manager at ME Madrid Reina Victoria, responded to this review, 5 September 2011
Dear Chavonne,

Oh my gosh!!! Thank you so much for your very nice feedback. It is lovely to know that we succeeded on our efforts.

We hope to welcome you soon back to your home in Madrid.

All the best,

Aura Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

I only stayed here one night and loved this beautiful hotel. The decor was fantastic and the architecture of the actual building was stunning. I slept during most of my stay but I can say that the beds were VERY comfortable and the mini bar especially was very well stocked.

The staff and service were beyond helpful, almost too helpful at times! If I return to Madrid I will for sure be returning to this beautiful hotel which is very well situated in the city.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 683annj
Dear annjensen5

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is nice to know that you enjoyed a great stay with us.

We hope to welcome you soon back to your home in Madrid.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We drove in on a Sunday and had trouble getting to the hotel, finally we made it and luckily they have their own underground parking. This will cost you $40 per night to park your vehicle. We drove in from the south of Spain and dumped our rental car the next day, you don't need a rental car in Madrid. The hotel is very nice inside, the staff is beyond helpful. The deluxe room we stayed in overlooked Plaza Santa Ana. The room was spacious and the bathrooms were very modern. The hotel is in a great location, walking distance to all the attractions. There are many restaurants and shops right outside the hotel. The breakfast was very good and the food was always fresh, no old stale bread like some hotels. The spacious roof top bar is a popular hang out in the evenings.

Room Tip: Get a Plaza de Santa Ana view
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your ME experience with us. It is very nice to know that we succeeded on our efforts.

We hope to welcome you soon back!!!

All the best and hear soon from you.

Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here in May and were so pleasantly surprised at both the beauty of the hotel, especially when lit up at night, and the rooms. One item that I haven't seen in other hotels - the plug in the safe enabling me to lock up my iPad (or any other device which needs to charge) while it was charging. The room was very well appointed with enough room for two people to unpack and put everything away. That says alot for a European hotel. The bathroom is large with wonderful shampoos and lotions. We did not have breakfast there so I can't comment on that except to say that it is pricey. Finally, the location. Perfect location, close to everything that we wanted to see. We could walk everywhere. All in all if I every came back to Madrid I would stay here.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank skippy123
Dear Guest,

I really apreciate all your positive comments about your recent stay with us.

On your next visit you have to try our Buffet Breakfast!!! I hope to welcome you soon back to your home in Madrid and rest at your disposal for anything you may require.

Best regards,

Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

If you want to stay at a chic hotel for a good price with a good location, this is the place! We stayed at this hotel during the first week of our trip in Spain and we loved it!! Never had to take public transportation since everything was close by! Great customer service and beautiful room! The hotel is located in a Plaza and many tourists were going to this plaza to take specifically pictures of this hotel! Beautiful view of Madrid at the top where there is a bar called the Penthouse. This bar is listed in travel books as well. Food around the Plaza is great, don't need to go far to have a good time. On the other side of the hotel, in another plaza, there is one of the best Jazz club, Cafe Central, where we saw a show live. It was simply amazing! I recommend this hotel to all!

Room Tip: I suggest to take a deluxe room with an inside view since the plaza view can get noisy late at night
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cbourdon
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great reviews about ME Madrid.

I hope to welcome you soon back!!!

Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights at the end of July with my boyfriend and was very pleasantly surprised. Unlike some of the other reviews that talked about how bad the service was our experience was quite the opposite. When we checked in at 11 am on a Sunday our room was ready. We booked a room that looked onto the Santa Ana plaza and I would strongly reccomend you do the same. We got a peak at the interior rooms and they are smaller and darker. Our room was flooded with light and it was much more spacious. The bed was super comfortable. Overall the room was clean and well appointed.

The people at the front desk were very friendly and extremely helpful (one of them spent 15 mins with us telling us all the points on the map to go to and all his recommendations were great - the best being that instead of going to the San Miguel market to walk to the Mercado de San Antón at Calle Augusto Figueroa 24, Chueca. We walked there every morning - takes about 15 to 20 mins - and bought our breakfast for cheap . A croissant downstairs at the food stalls and then up the escalator to one of the eatery places ...forget which one ...but they have a 2euro special of toast and a coffee. The toast is baguette style and the coffee is delicious.

The hotel location was great and the Santa Ana plaza a perfect place to get a beer in the afternoon ...there is one patio about 2 patios over from the lateral restaurant patio where all beer is 1 euro if you order food...otherwise it is 2 euro. Hhowever you can get a cone of potato chips for 1 euro so if you do that and get a beer then you have chips and beer for 2 euro instead of just a beer. Do not eat at Lateral though...mediocre tapas would be a compliment for this place.

If I were to return to Madrid there is nowhere else I would stay...you cannot go wrong booking a room at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank statters
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words, comments and suggestions about your recent stay with us.

We really hope to welcome you sometime back to your home in Madrid.

All the best,

Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

Our room and stay at the Me Madrid was magnificent! We had the Level suite which had a marvelous terrace attached to it. The master bedroom was spacious and the master bath was luxurious. We had a sitting room with a couch that converted to a bed. There was also a separate bath with a toilette and sink. This room was perfect for our family of four. The staff here was very helpful and friendly. The location was great also. Walking distance from shopping and Plaza Mayor. My husband and I enjoyed the rooftop bar at the hotel called the Penthouse. I almost did not want to leave the ME! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MissTinaIrvine
Dear Mrs. Tinalrvine,

Thank you very much for your inspiring remarks. It is so nice to hear that you liked our Grand Suite with the terrasse. Thanks for the nice fotos you shared.

All the best, and we hope to welcome you soon back home.