“Fabulous overall, highly recommend and not noisy”

ME Madrid Reina Victoria
Ranked #64 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Fabulous overall, highly recommend and not noisy”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I just came back from a 3 night stay at this hotel and would highly recommend it to other travelers. The rooms are well sized and proportioned by European standards - there were two of us staying in the room and there was more than enough room for our luggage, clothing, laptops, etc. The beds are very comfortable and if you have a room facing the plaza you are treated to a beautiful view with floor to ceiling windows along the entire wall. Interiors are stylish and very modern without looking cheap or like the tables and chairs came from Ikea. the bathrooms are black marble with all new fixtures. I noticed there were two different business groups there when we were there - GE Medical Systems and Lexus. The staff is young and friendly and always willing to help with directions, restaurant recommendations, and other requests.

Upon reading some of the other reviews I must comment on the 'noise' factor. I am very sensitive to noise, and am the type of hotel guest that asks for a quiet room away from the elevator or other sources of disturbance. I was a bit concerned when my boyfriend booked this hotel because I saw the negative comments on TripAdvisor about noise. I found my fears were unwarranted. Our room was on the 3rd floor (4th floor by US standards) and was extremely quiet even though it faced the plaza. The windows are high quality and keep the noise out. You also cannot hear noise from the other rooms or the roof terrace, at least from the floor we were on. The housekeeping staff is very polite and they let you sleep undisturbed if you request - not even a sound of a vacuum cleaner in the hallway.

The location cannot be beat for this hotel - it is literally in the exact center of Madrid and everything you would want to see is within walking distance. The Plaza Mayor is only about a 5-10 minute walk, the royal palace is about a 15-20 minute walk and the Prado museum is about a 20 minute walk. There is a taxi rank right outside the front door of the hotel, as well as two fun plazas (Plaza Santa Ana and Plaza Angel) with great places to have a drink or a bite to eat outside under an umbrella, enjoying the atmosphere and people watching. Also the nighttime views from roof top are unmissable and the bar is great to visit after dinner (it doesn't open until 9pm). The clientele is upscale and the atmosphere is cool and 'loungy'. It is definitely not a pounding dance club with huge crowds or shady characters.

Room Tip: You will not sacrifice quiet to have a room facing the Plaza Santa Ana and the views are great! We...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CalDreamn
MEMadrid, Gerente at ME Madrid Reina Victoria, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Mr. CalDreamn

Many thanks for sharing your comments! I am glad to know that your ME experience was fantastic! Comments like yours will encourage our team to continue with our efforts to achieve continous improvement and excellent service.

We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our location and had a wonderful time in our The Roof bar, it really has amazing views over downtown Madrid with the best crowd and best cocktails that makes it the perfect spot to start the party night.

ME Madrid team look forward to meeting you in a very near future!

Warm regards,

Iñaki Gómez
ME for YOU Service

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
milan
Reviewed 13 June 2014

stayed here before, because I like to the location

receipt at the reception really bad, the lady who put in my details was enjoyed her chat with her colleague and occasionally addressed a frase to me...
room small (I wonder how they got the bed in; build it?), low natural light, looking out at a white wall
but good privacy
the bed was actually really nice, badroom oki

staff for check out was really friendly, good. so I guess you need to be lucky who you receive...

rooftop terras worth visiting at sun down (or afterwards). gorgeous...

Room Tip: don't accept 236
1 Thank srm_56347
MEMadrid, Gerente at ME Madrid Reina Victoria, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear srm_56347,

Thank you for sharing your experience in Tripadvisor and for a great feedback that encourage us to work for reaching our guest's total satisfaction.
From the hotel's quality department we are committed to enhance the procedures during check in / check out to connect with our customers so they can be related with our ME culture of service, which is all about YOU.
Next time try a Mode type of room with a stunning view over the Plaza de Santa Ana or Plaza del Angel, you will be delighted.
We remain at your disposal for anything you may need from us: experienceme@melia.com.
Best regards,

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The rooms are small but quite nice. The big purple minibar takes up a lot more room than it should and also the light that is attached to the floor. It seems like bad space planning by someone. The room was very loud though. There were parties on the roof Sunday night into the early Monday morning and again on Thursday night. I could hear the music quite loudly from my room. I also heard... other..... activities from rooms near by.

The breakfast is 25 euro and my scrabbled eggs had 3 hairs in them. I returned the eggs and show them the hair which was attached to the egg. No one apologized to me and I still had to pay the 25 euro for breakfast.

When I checked in, the cleaning service was still in the room and I walked in on them. This was rather strange also. Overall, not the best experience.

Dear Ninaf,

First of all, thank you very much for your comments. From ME Madrid team, i would like to apologize if we could not overcome your expectations during your stay with us.
We work very hard to provide a wonderful stay and a perfect relaxing time to all of our guests and sometimes is difficult to reach all needs at the same time.
Regarding your experience during the breakfast i deeply regret what happened. These are not obviously our standards. Therefore we have informed our restaurant Manager in order to take the needed measures to enhance our procedures.
Please accept our most sinceres apologies and if you need any further information do not hesitate to contact us on experienceme@melia.com.

Warm regards,

Iñaki Gómez,
ME for YOU Service.
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Definetly my fault not having read the the reviews previous my stay. if you are willing to pay for a room in which we cańt sleep because of the noise from the rooftop bar owned by the hotel as they play music so loudly I would not call it a bar or hotel but a club, amazing to see that the hotel answers very politely the negative reviews but does not answer regarding the noise and they seem just to read them but take no action. People willing to open clubs should open clubs and not hotels. Absolutely to stay away from. I guess they are making high margins on the drinks. Ridicolous!

5 Thank Nick K
Dear Nick K ,

On behalf of the hotel management I would like to apologize if you did not experienced a stay that match your expectations. Certainly, we have taken action to prevent situations like the one you mentioned and we have strictly followed the spanish legislation about it, like installing glass wall all around the terrace, measuring and keeping the noise level within permitted by law.
We understand that sometimes it is not enough and that our main mission is to offer the comfort and relaxation you deserved, therefore your comments will be taken in consideration to keep working to maintain those qualities along with the spotlight on one of our major point of interest, The Roof bar & restaurant.
Thank you for having taken the time to give us your feedback and feel free to contact us if you want to further comment on your stay: experienceme@melia.com.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

arrived at 1pm to find that room not ready. Had a (very poor) tapas lunch. Came back at 6pm to find a stunning room. Dinner on roof terrace (excellent views) but extremely poor and slow service with cold food. Luckily this was a company paid work thing as if I had paid I would have been furious. If it was my own money, I woukd not stay here

• Stayed June 2014
MEMadrid, Gerente at ME Madrid Reina Victoria, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear sanjay666,

It is good to know when we do things right and also when we do not, therefore we thank you for pointing us out the areas in which we can enhance our service, because your satisfaction is our major concern.
It is truly a shame that you could not have a better impression of our restaurant The Roof. Our Food & Beverage department is aware of your discontent and will refresh the procedures that allows to improve the quality of experiences.
Please, do not hesitate to contact us prior your next visit in order to make sure that your experience is perfect from the beginning.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

a fantatsic location with some very cool sophisticated rooms , staff were really nice and friendly and the overall package was great value.city centre close to all points of interest and res.taurants and bars .

Room Tip: make sure you get a room at the rear of the hotel to ensure a good night sleep , its very quiet
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
MEMadrid, Gerente at ME Madrid Reina Victoria, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Derek M,

It is important to us to ensure your satisfaction and we are all thrilled to know that you enjoyed the hotel, its location and our friendliness staff.
Each positive comment we receive will encourage our team to continue with our process of enhance the quality of service and product.
Thank you very much for letting us know that we are on the right way, we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Best regards,

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here a while ago and just getting to my review now. Better late than never. After a long flight from the US, we arrived fairly early and our room was ready. It was very clean, neat, roomy, modern and had a nice view. Everything in the room was excellent. The shower, much like MANY European showers was fairly open so a TON of water spread through the restroom. Staff was nice, bar was nice and breakfast was good. The 2 best things this hotel has for it is it's location in my favorite square in Madrid (which I've been to several times).....Plaza Santa Anna. Secondly, the roof bar was great! Only been once when it was not busy but fun to see the view.

Highly recommend this hotel. I hope to be back again sometime soon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
MEMadrid, Gerente at ME Madrid Reina Victoria, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Cherzner

Many thanks for your excellents comments and for sharing your ME experience at TripAdvisor.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us during your visit to Madrid!

ME Madrid team look forward to welcoming back to you in a very near future!

Best wishes,