I had an amazing stay at the Reina Victoria. I'd say that this property is the best in Madrid if you're looking for the best of both worlds in luxury and location.
* I would absolutely recommend this property to anyone looking for the perfect mix of luxury and location. *
The Reina Victoria is a stunning property. It's a strikingly large and elegant building. As we were approaching in our taxi, I was surprised to find that this was our hotel. It looks almost stately. It also provides quite a nice backdrop for Plaza de Santa Ana in the evenings as it is lit up in a purple hue from top-to-bottom (refer to my pictures).
With a stately look to the exterior, I was again surprised to find that this property was very modern on the inside. The lobby was filled with plush couches and lounge music. The bar on the ground floor as well as the impressive penthouse bar were always quite packed with people. The good was just fine and breakfast was quite EXTensive, although also very EXPensive.
The room was amazing. Flat screen TV built into the wall with an integrated stereo system. Lighting was also interesting. There was a lighting remote control of sorts that allowed me to customize which lights were on the in the room (i.e. over the desk, over the bed) as well as the color of the lights based on my mood. The bathroom was covered with large ceramic tiles including the glass shower with head-to-toe shower jets. The bathroom also had heated floors, which was nice touch.
The Reina Victoria sits directly on Plaza de Santa Ana, which is very lively during both the daytime and evening hours. The plaza as well as the surrounding streets are filled with tapas bars that are reasonably-priced and well worth your time and money. Puerta del Sol along with the metro station are less than 5 mins away by foot. Plaza Mayor and the Gran Via are slightly further, about 15 mins away by foot.
* Again, I had a perfect stay at the Reina Victoria and would recommend this property to anyone looking for the best location and luxury in Madrid *
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lifestyle hotel in the heart of urban Madrid. Located next to the city’s main theatres, boutiques and nightclubs, this lifestyle hotel boasts an innovative, luxurious design reflective of the urban culture of the capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Melia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your ME Madrid Reina Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Me Madrid Reina Victoria Hotel Madrid
- Sol Melia Madrid