“a little disappointed”
Review of Suites Viena

Suites Viena
Ranked #28 of 437 Hotels in Madrid
Reviewed 14 March 2010

Pros: hotel was environmentally friendly with lights on automatic timers, etc. Cons: parking was 25% of our total cost, no washclothes in bathroom, and "two separate beds" in english apparently means "one large single bed" in spanish. Room was clean, but small. People working reception were not terribly helpful providing directions to the hotel over the phone.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank navygreen

Reviewed 11 March 2010

I stayed in this hotel for one night early in March 2010
This hotel was quite basic – but clean! The colours scheme is neutral but they have no pictures / prints up in the room as decoration – this would add a bit more character!
Just two minutes walk to the Placa de Espana (metro) – just on the end of Gran Via.
The kitchenette is a great idea – all you have to do is ask for crockery, kettle etc and it would be brought up to you.
The staff were friendly and helpful – even when my room developed a leak – I was re-located within 5 minutes – excellent service!
I would definitely stay here again when in Madrid – Really good value for money!
The only downside is the school (playground) located directly in front of the hotel. This was not much of an issue for me as I was out and about, but If I were staying longer I would request a room at the rear of the property so as not to be disturbed too much.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank nubianlaydeetee
Reviewed 23 February 2010

We had a great suite with a huge terrace overlooking the school which was no trouble in terms of noise. The location was lovely and quiet and we had two great nights sleep. We felt very safe in the local area. The kitchenette was useful and we only had to ask reception for cutlery, crockery and pans and they were provided free of charge immediately. The room was immaculate with one of the cleanest bathrooms we have seen in some time. There is a local pizza/pasta restaurant we tried called "Ginos" which is nice and quiet (although popular with locals after 9:30pm!), good prices and with friendly staff - a bit like an upmarket Pizza Express.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CanaryWharfLondon
Reviewed 22 February 2010

First, let me say, I loved my week in Old Madrid - and I felt sad leaving my "home away from home" at SV. It was the most relaxing vacation I've had in my lifetime and this room was quiet, comfortable and perfectly located. I did miss having dishes and silverware in the kitchenette, and, an iron and ironing board. But that's okay. I liked the sounds of the children and music playing in the school playground below my room and will always associate them with my pleasant stay at Suites Vienna. Others might not find that charming, but I did. I liked being within short walking distance of TWO Metro stations and having easy access to restaurants, tapas bars, shops, ATMs and parks in the immediate area.
It sounds hard to believe, but the vending machine sandwich I had there: chorizo and egg on white bread, was the best sandwich I had during my stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeurop
Reviewed 22 February 2010

Though the staff was a bit surley, this place was great. Comfortable large rooms, nice baths, easy walking distrance to restaraunts, entertainment, and the subway. The one thing I didn't quite understand is why you have a stove top in the rooms but don't provide any pots or pans? Will stay here again when I get back to Madrid.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2010

We went to madrid for a 5 day trip (incl Toledo), we spent close to a month looking for a good, affordable and centrally located hotel and this hotel had all those points. The room was clean and spacious. The room had everything along with a little kitchen and stove to cook however the bathroom was a little small. Nothing too fancy but staff was quite friendly but the best of all was the absolutely perfect location. Almost all the major attractions were a 15 min walk. The metro was about a 5 min walk. Lots of restaurants close by. the main shopping district was within walking distance too. We didnt try the breakfast there, it was alot of toast, muffins, coffee ets for 10 euros but we found a little retaurant close by that had great churros and breakfast for 3 euros.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ottawanian
Reviewed 20 February 2010

Our three night stay was right on target. The hotel is very well run, clean, rooms are bigger than normal, back side is very quiet, the breakfast looks well appointed but higher than we wanted to spend, and the location was perfect for touring and jogging. Once you get your bearings, you will find that the hotel is four short blocks from the Plaza de Espana or Ventura Rodiguez metro stops , light food supplies, and cafes are right down the block or a couple of streets away depending on your tastes and budget. The Temple de Debod (Egyptian Temple moved piece by piece in 1968) and continuous parks were truly amazing for morning running/walking and evening strolls. The staff answered every question presented with enthusiasm and a real desire to serve as requested. It is also nice that you can use your credit card in USD or euros. My credit card doesn't charge the 3% if our various hotels submit USD amounts versus foreign currencies. I give this hotel a high rating. I have already recommended this hotel to a number of my friends.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple