B&B Hotel Madrid Airport T1 T2 T3
Catalonia Las Cortes(Madrid)
US$266
US$246
  • Restaurant
Axor Feria Hotel(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$109
Hotel Regina(Madrid)
US$232
US$166
  • Restaurant
Ayre Gran Hotel Colon(Madrid)
US$164
US$109
US$95
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
NH Madrid Ribera del Manzanares(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$117
Agoda.com
Hotel Mediodia(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$103
Hotels.com
Ibis Madrid Aeropuerto Barajas(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$85
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Where do we start. This hotel is not close to terminal 4 of the airport as its name would suggest. In fact, it takes about the same amount of time to travel by taxi from this hotel to terminal 4 as it would to go from central Madrid. If we had known this, we would have stayed in central Madrid, where at least we could have had a decent meal and a pleasant stroll. Unfortunately, this Holiday Inn Express is not in an interesting place, sitting as it does on a busy road, surrounded by a couple of other hotels and what appears to be commercial or industrial buildings. The room itself may have all the facilities we needed, but the lack of maintenance was a concern. Things like: the kettle provided in the room (a nice touch) did not work, and it took the desk manager about 3 goes to find one that worked as a replacement; the knob on the air conditioner that allows temperature regulation had disappeared, and we were unable to change what to us was a cold setting; the safety handle near the both was so loose and rattly that neither of us could trust it; the black mould in part of the grouting in the shower was less than impressive. On the morning of our departure, we ate breakfast, which proved to be the worst of any breakfast we had eaten in more than 10 weeks of travel in Spain and Portugal. In fact, the standard was truly bad, with almost inedible ham, little choice, and barely the basics available. When we tried to leave the hotel with our baggage, we found that one of the two lifts was not working (it felt like yet another maintenance problem). No one had thought to put a sign on the door of that lift. As the one working lift was barely coping with people from floors above ours (we were on the first floor), we were never able to get ourselves and our baggage in. I ended up having to carry my bag down the stairs, which is not a good outcome when you have an already bad back problem. All the girl on the front desk could say was "sorry, we have called about getting the lift fixed". Surely under the circumstances someone could be placed near the lift shaft on the lower floors to help unfortunate guests such as myself. This really was the worst place we stayed during our 10 weeks.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheCr00ks
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at B&B Hotel Madrid Airport T1 T2 T3, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear TheCr00ks,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We deeply regret to see you did fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

Reviewed 9 June 2014

"Holiday Inn Express Madrid Airport" - misleading in every way!

First, it's not at the airport: it's miles away. And there's no airport shuttle. So the hotel has, in fact, no connection with the airport. So add at least €30 each way to/from the airport.

Second, if you're thinking of the US quality of a Holiday Inn, forget it. After paying for a taxi, I arrived late and tired, only to wait 25 minutes for the only receptionist - who was doubling as a barman - to give me the key.

Ending up paying more for taxis than the hotel, I was loathe to pay the ridiculous internet fees - particularly since I was only there for 8 hours.

The breakfast was free - and you get what you pay for. In other words, it wasn't worth eating.

To crown it all, my mileage, which was the deciding factor in choosing the hotel, has not been credited. So I've spent more time trying to get the mileage than I spent booking the room.

Never again!

Room Tip: Avoid: there are plenty of other hotels
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank H6525URrobertk
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at B&B Hotel Madrid Airport T1 T2 T3, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Robert K,

Thank you for leaving us a review about your recent stay. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while visiting our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Charisse V.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel was quick and easy for a brief sleep before an early flight. However the rooms were not has nice as HIE hotels I'm used to in the Americas, though the HIE in Rivas Vaciamadrid was the same. It's a very quick ride to the airport, though. Still, I would recommend the Crowne Plaza next door if you're doing anything more than sleeping.

Room Tip: Not much to see or do - any room away from noise should suffice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at B&B Hotel Madrid Airport T1 T2 T3, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear karlostroski,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting a review. We’re glad that our location was suitable for your travel needs. Conversely, it is regrettable that you were not satisfied with the rooms. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us more pleasurable, please do not hesitate to ask the manager on duty. We look forward to serving you again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

After reading all of the reviews I was worried about staying here. Overall the experience was a bit better than expected - they had a bar and the people working at reception were great. For the price you pay and for a stay of 12 hours (which I had to leave for the airport), it was a great hotel. Taxi is expensive and Wi-Fi is extra (unless you use only an hour). There was a restaurant on site which served food in the evening which let me avoid taking a taxi and going anywhere - so this was good. Food was ok, breakfast is included. The taxi's are still over 20 euro, read somewhere that price is fixed at 20 Euro, but was not for me. So, you need to add your cost of room, plus the taxi cost and compare to other options at the airport - even with these 2 factors, it was hard to find a comparable from overall at the airport that was well under 100Euro total for the night. Would be really nice if they got a shuttle.

Room Tip: Did not use room service, all rooms are similar because of brand. Would not suggest staying here if you are on vacation and touring Madrid, good stopover for the night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at B&B Hotel Madrid Airport T1 T2 T3, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Bonnie S,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are pleased to know we were able to meet your expectations during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen C

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Booked here for two nights, Hotel is 25 euro taxi from the airport and same to go back into the town, Closest metro is a 1 mile hike and a bus journey away,
food was tasty enough, breakfast a bit of a let down but still reasonable, Staff werent too frierndly with us, we seemed to be a problem to them, Sleep was ok but next to a busy dual carraige way,
Best to avoid unless its a very cheap deal, No free WIFI and doesnt start serving meals till after 7pm

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GGUKracer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at B&B Hotel Madrid Airport T1 T2 T3, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear GGUKracer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by our air conditioning system. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.