“LOVE the Upgrades!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #75 of 444 Hotels in Madrid
Cincinnati, Ohio
“LOVE the Upgrades!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our arrival day at the airport and the night prior to our departure. The staff was wonderful during both stays!!! We were upgraded each night due to my Diamond status (even got the Presidential Suite one night…AWESOME!!)…which included access to the Executive Lounge (basic breakfast…but nice snacks and drinks at night) and a SUPER breakfast buffet in the lobby restaurant!!

The shuttle to/from the airport was very easy to catch and only takes about 5 minutes. If you’re not a “typical American” and willing to walk about a half mile, you can easily access the Metro station to travel to central Madrid. The front desk staff will provide you a very easy map with directions to the station.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonMadridAirport, Director General at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
Thank you for sharing this positive review with us.

It is always a pleasure for me and the entire team to welcome Diamond members to the hotel. Our commitment is to make our guests feel like home even away from home. I hope you had enough time to enjoy the city. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are planning to come back.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon to Hilton Madrid Airport for new and unforgettable experiences.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed here the evening prior to our departure from Spain. Nicely appointed hotel with indoor pool and onsite restaurant and bar. Rooms are incredibly quiet and well appointed with many outlets, nice TV and comfortable bed.

The staff was outstanding, very accomodating and helpful with shopping, restaurant and airport shuttle suggestiong.

Please note that this hotel is not anywhere the city center, but in the Madrid suburbs near the airport.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonMadridAirport, Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 6 November 2012

How was you flight back? I hope you enjoy Spain and your stay with us. It is always a pleasure for us to know that our guest fell well accommodated in our property. Team members are always at the guest disposal to provide and excellent service. If you are planning to come back please contact us in advance for any special request you might need.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon, maybe for a bit longer stay

Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Typically when Americans wish to stay at the airport you hear planes above and you're literally close to the airport. It's still about a 10 minute ride to the airport. Good news is that the hotel provides a free shuttle. The bar scene is lively, the food at the restaurant is good. It appears that some airlines use this hotel for thier flight crew as well. Very courteouos staff at the front desk (English speaking not a problem). Room layout is nice (contemporary) - separate rain shower stall, large separate tub, sebarate toilet area with glass door. Frosted Glass sliding doors separate the sleeping area from the bathroom. Speaker and phone in the bathroom. In room safe. Desk/work area and great lighting features in the room. It's a pity they don't offer free wifi. Nice glass elevators greet you to take you up to your room. The hotel comes recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank intwah
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I am glad that you found the shuttle convenient and you liked the Hotel design, food and facilities. Team member are constantly working to exceed Hilton standards of quality. Internet service in the rooms can not be given for free because the price is fixed by Hilton corporate office. However, recently we have included a free service connection in public areas come the lobby, bar, etc..

I hope to welcome you back soon at Hilton Madrid Airport.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012 via mobile

I got in late, which was actually early the following day. My room? Ready. After checking in and getting some breakfast (quite a nice selection in the main lobby) I retired to my room for a short nap in a great bed with a firm mattress.

The rooms are larger than othe Madrid hotels where I've stayed, and the bathroom is pretty fab. Tub and shower, separate room for toilette and bidé. The glass sink was a nice touch, but it doesn't leave much counter space.

I like to travel with my own router and Apple TV. Some hotel TVs won't work with it, but it works well here.

The executive lounge was quiet with a great hostess, offering restaurant advice and a pretty smile. The drinks and snacks are there from 6-8, and it's open bar.

The shuttle from the airport was average and tomorrow I'm checking out the shuttle to down town.

Over all, you trade a little location for the larger room, but it works for me.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Mike W
HiltonMadridAirport, Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am glad to know that you had a nice stay with us and you enjoyed the services, room and facilities. Did you have time to enjoy the relaxation area? It is a nice place to relax after a long flight or a long day sightseeing the vibrant city of Madrid.

I hope to welcome you back to Hilton Madrid Airport.

Dubai, UAE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

I am a loyal Hilton Honors diamond member and chose this hotel near the airport. The hotel is very convenient to the airport and offers regular airport shuttle service. The nearest metro station into Madrid is about a 15 min easy walk. Travel time via metro to the city centre is about 25 to 30 minutes. Staff was very friendly. Upon check-n we were offered a complimentary room upgrade to the executive floor with access to the executive lounge. The executive lounge is well run with a nice evening snack buffet and good selection of beverages.
Our room was very nice in appearance until we realized the air conditioning was not working. We advised the front desk and they advised us how to set the A/C to cooling. We set the A/C and went into the city. When we returned 5 hours later our room was still a very warm 30c. I went to the front desk and asked for a room change. They contacted maintenance who acknowledged there was an A/C problem and they were working on it. Our A/C was working about 2 hours later.
If you plan to use the internet BRING A LAPTOP FOR A WIRED CONNECTION. The wireless internet was useless both in my room and in the executive lounge. Unfortunately, I only brought my I-pad and could only access the wireless internet in hallway outside my room.
The drapery in our room was falling down and stayed that way during our 3 night stay.
The bathroom was very modern looking but the shower door leaks everywhere and floods the floor every time it's used.
Restaurants were very good. The hotel bar was ok. It was very difficult to find a server to order drinks and to get a bill. The servers were nice and friendly but seemed to be under staffed and were either busy with other guests or doing other restaurant related duties. Other guests were having the same issues.
Overall the hotel is a decent place to stay. Hopefully, the hotel management will address these issues.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you for sharing this review with us.

At Hilton Madrid Airport we truly appreciate your feedback as this helps us to further improve our service levels time after time. I sincerely apologise for the inconveniences during your stay. I have forwarded your comments to the chief Engineer to make sure these issues do not happen again in the future. We recently has experience some issues with the internet connection, the IT Manager is solving the problem to ensure a good connectivity all around the hotel and rooms. I invite you to contact me directly to give more details about your stay.

I hope you could give us the chance to change the negative impression you are now under.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

This hotel was fantastic , the staff were friendly and helpful , the room was modern and well equipped and the breakfast was varied and of a high quality . This hotel isn't in the centre of Madrid - however I would rather stay at somewhere of this standard and use the complimentary shuttle bus, taxis and metro - the metro station is about 10mins walk away and if you don't want to walk there , there are always taxis outside the hotel . My only minor gripe is that whilst we were there I couldn't get the wi fi to work - after several attempts , there was a PC available in the executive lounge - but this was also temperamental . I would thoroughly recommend this hotel - I've stayed at many Hiltons and I feel this was of a high standard - very impressed all round .

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Nice to hear that the hotel match with your expectations and you found the complementary shuttle service convenient. Team member are constantly working to exceed Hilton standards of quality. Regarding your comments about the wifi, sorry about the inconveniences caused usually the connection works well also we have included a free service connection in public areas such us the lobby, bar, etc... Fell free to contact me if you are planning to come back to the hotel.

Looking forward to welcome you back for new and unforgettable experiences.

Hotel Manager
Cozumel, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

The last time I stayed at Barajas before staying at the Hilton Madrid Airport, I was disappointed. So this year, I decided to spend a few more dollars and stay at the Hilton. What I saved on the taxi almost paid the difference and it was an awesome stay. (They have shuttle bus pickup. I just needed to call.) The room I had was huge, comfortable and of cutting edge design. The staff were professional and helpful. Breakfast included the next morning was delicious and plentiful.
I only stayed the one night between flights but it was a pleasant experience. The dinner was also very good.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonMadridAirport, Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Nice to hear that you decided to stay with us in your short stay in Madrid. I am glad that you enjoyed the room, breakfast and service. If you are planning to come back to Madrid please don’t hesitate to contact us for any tips you might need.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon, maybe for a bit longer stay.

gm.madridaiport@hilton.com