“More staff needed”

Ranked #75 of 436 Hotels in Madrid
Los Angeles, California
“More staff needed”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We spent one night here and found the hotel to be spacious and clean, and the rooms comfortable after a long flight. We appreciated the shuttle service to and from the Madrid airport. The first room we were shown reeked of cigarette smoke - not the hotel's fault. They promptly gave us another room, where the air conditioner was broken, but they quickly sent up a repair person to remedy the problem. So, high marks there. Excellent buffet breakfast. Our only issue is that there are so many guests checking out at the same time in the morning that the line becomes unwieldly, and the desk staff seemed cranky about printing boarding passes. It's still a good choice for an airport hotel, but more staff would be handy.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
HiltonMadridAirport, Director General at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Thank you very much for your comments.

At Hilton we value our guests feedback as this help us to improve day after day.

I am sorry to hear that you had issues with the room, but on the other hand this helps me to see that my team is acting properly when facing and issue.

I hope to welcome you again soon to the Hilton Madrid Airport.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 June 2013

outstanding hotel. large rooms, beautiful bathroom. great breakfast buffet. wish we could have stayed longer. will definitely stay there again. we used the shuttle from the airport and it was very quick and efficient.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I am glad to hear that you had a nice stay and I am really looking forward to welcome you again soon with a bit more of time to visit this amazing city and relax in our leisure facilities.

We are launching a project called Hilton 24hours where you can discover best kept places of the city. the videos are available in youtube.

Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2013

upgraded to executive rooms that includes breakfast and all the goodies that lounge provides such fun
love the setting amid motorways lots of glass/ chrome spa gym pool with water features room/bath facilities etc excellent
service 1st class comforting secure not expensive i always stay there
cp

Room Tip: all rooms quiet and good
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
HiltonMadridAirport, Director General at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us was pleasant and worthy.

I have shared your nice feedback with my team and they feel really proud to have exceeded your expectations.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again soon to the Hilton Madrid.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time at this hotel. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. Tarik was so helpful and very informative. Without his help we would have not know where to go and what to see.Thank You again Tarik! Everyone was so helpful and kindhearted made us feel right at home.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for your comments.

I am really pleased to hear that my Front Office team made a difference in your trip to Spain.

We all are looking forward to welcome you again soon!

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My flight arrived late but I was fortunate enough to meet the free hotel shuttle within 5 minutes. The transfer to the hotel was fast and efficient. Check in was a very pleasant experience again fast and efficient. The Madrid airport hotel is new and beautiful although situated a distance from shops and restaurants. My room was also spotless, spacious and quiet. I ate both lunch and dinner at the hotel. The food is good but expensive and the service was professional. I was very pleased with this hotel experience and would definitely recommend it as a stop over choice. Well done again Hilton.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review.
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hilton Madrid Airport and I am pleased to that you liked the hotel design and architecture.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again soon to the Hilton Madrid.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We had a flight out of Madrid at 10 AM and arrived at Barajas at 4 PM the prior evening. I'd reserved the Hilton, which is a 10 minute drive from Terminal 1 and has a free shuttle service three times/hour. The hotel is ultra-modern, has a friendly, professional staff, and quiet, spacious comfortable rooms. It is everything I'd want in an airport hotel (my standard is the Sofitel at Terminal 5 in Heathrow and outside of the need to drive a few minutes, this Hilton comes close). They have a restaurant that is sterile-modern in its look and has an interesting menu. However, we opted to take a 20 minute taxi drive into Madrid and to dine at Botin instead. Would i overnight here again when the need arises? yes.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your nice comment. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hilton Madrid Airport and that you liked the hotel design and the rooms. Thank you very much for your recommendation.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Upon checkin I discovered that the hotel had the incorrect hhonors status and gave me a difficult time about straightening this out as I had just made gold status which is important as it gives the person who has it certain perks such as executive lounge access. I also had to have the key to the room reissued more than once due to lift issues which should not have happened. The executive room I had was exceptionally good with some of the best facilities I have seen. The hotel also is isolated so the only real food option is to eat at the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review.
I am pleased to hear that you liked the executive suite and I am really sorry for the issues.
I hope I will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon in order to change the negative impression you are now under.