“Surprisingly nice and modern hotel”

Hilton Madrid Airport
Ranked #73 of 438 Hotels in Madrid
New York City, New York
“Surprisingly nice and modern hotel”
Reviewed 7 April 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Hilton for 2 nights in November 2009. We were looking for a hotel close to the airport given our flight schedules. Our expectations were low. We didn't realize that the hotel had been recently developed and opened. We were extremely surprised by our experience.

Starting from check-in, the front desk staff was extremely professional and helpful. Check-in was relatively problem free. Once we arrived in our room, we were shocked by how large and clean our standard room was. The bathroom was quite large and clean. The tub had ample room for two. The water pressure in the shower was wonderful. Our bed was extremely comfortable. Did I mention how clean the room was?

We ordered room service during our stay. We found the food to be satisfactory. The delivery was timely. I was able to utilize high-speed internet services with no difficulty. Although located close to the freeway, we did not hear any noise.

This hotel is perfect for someone who needs to rest between flights. The Hilton offers free shuttle service to the airport. Given its distance from Madrid, I wouldn't recommend the hotel if you plan on visiting the city often. That said, I would happily stay here again if I wanted a comfortable place to relax before leaving Madrid.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 28 March 2010

I stayed Hilton Madrid Airport for a night due to my transit timing. From/To Barajas airport, I didn't have any difficulties for using their shuttle bus service so they may be improved it. It's a very contemporary hotel, totally clean and comfortable. Lifts are secured by micro chipped card key and Executive Lounge offers quality beverages and snacks. Only the negative side for me was; Wi-Fi Internet is not free even in the Executive Lounge, and it's expensive when you buy the access. The price range for the stay is also high-end side as an airport hotel, but considering the quality, it was understandable. If I have to stay a night in Madrid airport, I will definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank koba-sf
St. Louis
Reviewed 20 March 2010

The Hilton is terrific. Very modern, cool rooms (good size), amazing space-age bathrooms. Great food, great bar, but one big problem: it's not really in Madrid. Very good if you are going to Madrid airport (we stayed there 2 nights before leaving; free hotel shuttle at very frequent intervals), but not easy to get into city. You can take shuttle to airport and then walk about a mile thru terminals to Metro, which is great, clean, or walk from hotel about a mile to closest metro stop, then many stops into city. Metro is nice, and hotel is great, but not cheap, and the food is quite pricey, with nothing else nearby. Wouldn't suggest it except on your way in or out of Madrid.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2010

We enjoyed our 3 day stay at the Madrid Hilton which offered a convenient free shuttle from and back to the airport upon our departure. The hotel was clean and modern, was staffed with very friendly and helpful employees, and with my Hilton rewards membership, we were upgraded to the executive floors with access to the private lounge which offered snacks, beverages, and internet access. Our room also included the extensive breakfast buffet offered in the hotel restaurant each morning. The room itself was modern and had a very large bathroom by European standards.

While the hotel is not near the downtown area, it was an easy (approximately 10 minute) walk to the metro station. The hotel also offered periodic shuttles to the bull-fighting museum from which one could grab the metro from that location in order to avoid the walk to the nearest metro station from the hotel.

If you like your hotel to be in the heart of the action, this hotel is not for you. But we were not inconvenienced at all by taking the metro in and out of the city during our stay in Madrid.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2010

The Good
I chose this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. I had a long layover in Madrid so I had to stay overnight but didn't feel like going all the way downtown.
I do not regret my decision! This is one of the nicest and modern airport hotels I have ever seen. Think glass elevators. Think open concept.
I paid about 80 euros including breakfast for a Saturday night. I realize that this is usually the slowest time during a week for an airport hotel, but nevertheless I was happy!
the rooms were gorgeous, sleek, modern and very spacious. I could stay in there all day!

The breakfast is basically served in the front lobby I guess you could say... there's no partition to the breakfast room (like I said open concept). Very very nice and service was excellent.

The Bad
Well, since it IS an airport hotel, you can't give it bad rating because of the location. What do you expect? But I do give it 4 stars out of 5, based on the fact that there are other airport hotels within easier walking distance to restaurants and to a shopping mall.
This Hilton is not surrounded by much at all. HOWEVER, they do offer a free shuttle service to attractions in the vicinity, like a shopping mall (which I did use it for, and it was a great shopping mall too!). Please check the shuttle schedule though. I was there on a Saturday and the shuttle service stops sometime in the evening, I don't remember.

Overall, I would loooveeeee to stay here again. I went through Madrid on another layover a week later, and well, unfortunately the price was higher this time so I picked the Melia airport instead. Not the same thing at all. This Hilton is MUCH nicer!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2010

I booked this hotel rather than travel to the city centre as my flight arrived late in the evening. What a mistake. I waited for an hour for the courtesy bus and had to call the hotel to rouse the driver who had been on a break for all of that time, along with his fellow drivers. At least this was the best I was offered by way of an explanation. When I finally arrived at the hotel, cold and tired, there were half a dozen large police officers at reception following up an incident of some sort. The room was fine but in the end it would have taken less time to travel into the centre, so I'll be giving this one a miss in future.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed 28 February 2010

My mother and I stayed here on layover wrapping a trip to Seville. It was the perfect location for it's proximity to the airport. Very much a modern hotel catering to the business clientele. A 20€ taxi trip to the center of Madrid, Puerta del Sol. However, the free shuttle to and from the airport, and inexpensive nightly fee makes this hotel a beautiful way to save money for longer stays elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2010